1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. I'm doing a layaway for that very reason. Also, my newest SD girl that I saw being up as a raffle prize and was then fortunate to get... by way of my friend winning her and giving her to me as a birthday present, lol

2. Ohh Yes! All my dolls were Love at first sight :)
      Except perhaps the first one becouse i got her in lighter gray colour but ordered dark grey. But i love her too. :)
      My last one love is a demiurgedolls Eagle head. I bought him without thinking He is just perfect (for me) <3

3. Sometimes it takes me forever to decide, but once I do, I fall hard and fast. (I spent quite a lot of time looking at pictures of the doll I was being sent while waiting for him to arrive...I was so excited!)

4. Rather than "love at first sight", I would say it is a spark of possibility followed by days of returning to pictures of the sculpt to stare and think. If the idea of the doll won't go away, and it fits all the criteria, I guess that is "love", and time to pull the trigger. I think I'm too analytical and cautious to act more instinctively than that, but once I have given myself permission, I fall pretty hard.

In the case of my Saint, though, it was actually hate at first sight. I tend to have an aversion to the popular, but I actually couldn't understand why so many people liked his sculpt, and he stuck out to me everywhere I saw him. Soon I couldn't get him out of my head, then had an illuminated moment where I realized he was gorgeous and I had to have him.

5. I'm also love at first sight! It's true that many of the first dolls I fell in love with aren't dolls that I want as much as I did, but every time I've seriously considered buying a doll, it's promo pictures have given me jolt to the heart! The first doll that I bought, as soon as I saw her pictures I thought to myself 'I must have her!!!' and made plans to buy her. Just within the first hour of knowing she even existed, goodness. I was so excited.

I calmed down for a bit afterwards and more rationally looked at my options, and the hearthrobbing went away. I thought to myself about how silly I was for making plans so quickly.
      A few months later and she was competing with one or two other dolls as the dolls that I must, must have in my collection and I remembered why I wanted her so much.

The dolls that I 'fell in love with' at first sight are also the only dolls that I really revisit or want to buy! I do fall in love with sculpts, though, rather than say, searching for sculpts that fit characters or ideas of what I want, or seeing the potential in dolls for certain styles. So I've also liked dolls after seeing other people's customisations of them and realising how beautiful they could actually be.

6. My first doll was love at first sight when he first came out at LUTS q v q) <3
      I was severely enamored, but I couldn't buy him right away. ;;; But the wait was definitely worth it!

7. I had that back when Ringdoll put up the promos for Carlos. I could not stop looking at him and then jumped in an ordered him. It was the first time I had spent that much on a doll and the wait time was ages. When he finally arrived I was speechless. Even though I had several other dolls It was then that I truly became hooked.

8. Only twice have dolls I've seen have been for me! Rest I tend to watch reviews and read up on them and really think about it to make sure it is worth it!!

9. MYOU's Zuzana was love at first sight for me! I slammed the buy button on Alice's Collections the second I saw her even though she was slightly over my budget.

10. Would you like to share what exact dolls you are talking about? I'd be very interested to know if you don't mind me asking.

11. ^^ I collect many dolls such as pure neemo, monster high and more recently pullip :) ~ wanting to get started in the bjd world but I am yet to find the perfect doll :)
      The first pullip I had was 'pullip fox' and as soon as saw a review I knew she had to be mine :D
      Also my very first pure neemo doll 'twinke la mode lapis yuzuha'. I saw a stock image of her and also fell in love and had to get her :)

12. I've fell in love at first sight twice - The first time was my first doll, a Little Monica Bear who I called Wren :) I had been saving for a bjd for a while at that point but hadn't found the right doll, I found loads of beautiful dolls but nothing felt quite right, but when I saw the company photos of Bear I knew he was "the one" XD The second time is a doll I still haven't brought home (but plan to very soon) - a Xaga doll May boy, as soon as I saw him I thought he was "the perfect doll" and I can't wait to bring him home and have him join the family :D But I also want to mention my second doll here, a Clover Doll Elvis, as although I didn't think of it as "love at first sight" something kept taking me back to the website, and no matter how many dolls I looked at something pulled me back to him and when I got rid of a lot of dolls from my wishlist (it was getting way too long XD ) even though he wasn't exactly "the prettiest" he stuck around so I brought him home and was completely smitten with him in person haha

13. I felt that way about Pygmalion Robin. :) I was completely uninterested in male dolls before I saw him, but I just thought he was so gorgeous. I kept coming back to him, so I knew I had to get him. Honestly, it's the ones that I fall in love with at first site that are the ones I like the most.

14. For me it was both DIM Laia and Larina. Unfortunately I fell in love with them after they had already been discontinued. Luckily I managed to snag a Laia in their most recent restock!

15. I experienced it when I first saw Iplehouse's Luna Tamer. I loved her face up, purple eyes and wig. The rose grey skin colour was also quite beautiful.

I didn't know the basic line Luna was going to get discontinued ;_;

16. Pretty much all of my dolls were like that. I just knew I had to have them, they resonated with me. Some I waffled a bit like on bodies, ect but in the end I got them.

I was looking for my first MSD and was looking at Kid Delfs and then I saw a Resinsoul Song up for sale - that was my first MSD instead and I still have him.

I was in love with Bobobie's Isabella ever since laying eyes on her but I didn't get to buy her until 2015 which I was oh so happy to get her.

RS Bei? Needed her in Coffee. I just loved RS's light tan.

Pretty much all of my dolls, something about them kept making me come back.

17. I pitter patter a lot, as you put it. I'm horrible at making concrete choices, especially in a hobby that costs so much, but I'm happy with the choices I've made so far. I'm also rather impulsive, so I go back and forth on if I really like sculpts or if I'm just antsy about being in the hobby and want to try and come up with ideas for every sculpt I see, etc. I like that I take my time, cause it means I'm usually more pleased with what I buy down the road.

18. My only love-at-first-sight purchase was my Migidoll Siho. I’d actually just ordered my Delf a few days before, but I was clicking around a few different BJD company sites, landed on Migidoll, and came across Siho’s page... It was the most high-pitched, whistling gasp I’d ever heard come out of my own mouth. It actually kind of hurt me a little... :lol:

But I knew I wanted him badly as soon as I saw the first company picture of him. Luckily, I’m fairly frugal for the most part, so getting a second BJD right after the first didn’t hurt me. Not exactly a stunt I plan on replicating any time soon, though!

I’m glad I did it. Siho’s so heckin’ handsome, Jun Ha is astoundingly cute, and I’m happy to have both in my collection. :aheartbea

19. Yep! My first doll is going to be that kind of story. I had been looking through Alice's Collections for my first doll. I got down to one of the last few stores and was starting to lose hope of finding a good first one when I finally saw her. Now I am waiting for my tax return so I can get her ^.^

20. The moderation team will not discuss the reason for any member bans with anyone but the banned member. If you have any concerns about Den of Angels or our policy on bans, please feel free to post in Ask the Moderators where the moderation team can address your specific concerns in private.
      Please remember, Den of Angels rules state:
      By using this thread to debate forum policy, you are effectively breaking all three of these rules. All members are responsible for knowing and abiding by forum rules.
      If any of these rules are unclear to you, please post in Ask the Moderators and a member of the moderation team will be happy to explain further.