1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. My very first BJD was of that kind. I saw her and I just couldn't handle it anymore :love She is a Iplehouse KID Lonnie and I just finished her yesterday. I'm currently waiting for a Dollits DBD Soo and I also fell for her right away.

2. My Iplehouse Bichun - totally fell in love when I saw the promo pics. :D Still love him :D

3. All of the dolls I have kept over the years have been love at first sight dolls. The ones that don't make my heart go pitty patter leave home. My first real love was Narindoll's 1/3 Narea. She was one of the first dolls I bought & I have her still. Another huge love is my Customhouse Choa with face-up be Evenstar. I actually paid full retail for her as she was so terribly beautiful. I highly doubt if either of these dolls, plus many more, will ever leave my collection.

4. I'm a very impatient person & the waiting time of a preorder is killing me! I have four dolls that I've ordered, two Twigling dolls, one 5th Motif Venitu & a Menagerie doll.
      How do you cope with the waiting time it takes for them to be made ?

That's a big issue with companies unfortunately! Once they aren't available one has to hope & wish that you may be able to buy it secondhand some day. I use eBay a lot to seek out discontinued dolls. And from time to time they do come up! 。◕‿◕。

#464 Delphi, Jan 21, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
    5. OMG I can relate! I look at the pictures once in a while to remind me that it's worth the wait :XD: it's still pretty hard. In the meantime I start making sketches of outfits and ordering hair for her wigs etc. Still 1 1/2 months to go though...:pout:

6. You are so lucky that you can sew. Where do you buy the wigs from?
      I have been buying them from eBay where I've found them to be rather cheep & least you are covered by PayPal if something goes wrong. AliExpress is ok though I once had a bad experience & the item was lost & they wouldn't refund me

7. My first doll is IH Isis Haute couture. I did not want to buy a doll. I just admired the dress ... Until I saw a photo of a clean face. I paid it 2 hours later. My first doll is IH Isis Haute couture. I did not want to buy a doll. I just admired the dress ... Until I saw a photo of a clean face.:nosebleed 2 hours later I paid it.

8. I usually pitter patter because I'm extremely weird about putting a lot of money into a doll only because I think it's cute. My home would be filled to the brim with bjds if I let my heart decide, LOL, but I must admit that the Soom Lami from the first moment I saw his adorable little surprise head, with that open-mouthed look, had me. And my money.

9. All of my dolls are love at first sight.

#469 GrakyCat, Jan 31, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    10. I experience this a lot. Last time, it was Spiritdoll's Dahlia... :love
      But, for me to actually purchase a doll, I need to build a character for them and set it into my world - which is not as easy as it may seem. (So no Dahlia for me, at least not in next few years.)

11. I really want that "love at first sight". And I am terrified of it :XD:
      I haven't found my first doll yet. I am on the lookout. But I have no doubt, that i will find one and think "That One!" And I tend to get really attatched to my things, so I will love the C*** out of that doll!
      My fear on the other hand, is that the doll I fall for is out of my price range. But that is something I will just have to take, when I get there :D

12. My Iplehouse Tania - my first ever BJD - was an impulse purchase. Just had to have her. She was perfect. Also Dollzone Heavy Rain, Atelier Momoni Momonita, and Harucasting Maji. Yeah I'm a bit of a sk... :P

13. Of course! My love at first sight is TH Limited Oh! My Rabbit ver. Jenny , I love her pink-gray hair and her blue eyes.
      I bought her immediately and she is my first doll.:XD:

14. Probably my Iplehouse Edan, dat NOSE! <3. I hesitated abit because of the Iple prices (got him from Swat team batch) but you gotta do what you gotta do ><

Also 5th Motifs Venitu *_* but damn is a steeep price.

15. I have two bjd's The moment I first saw them I fell in love with their sculpts and had to have them! I'm so happy!

16. Yes, the Volks Coco was love at first sight. I wanted her immediately. I had to save money and wait, but I loved her from the first picture!

17. Yes, Dollshecraft David Kuncci he's my first doll :D

18. When I was first getting into bjd back in 2008 I was on the verge of buying my first doll, a Nobility Ryoma, when I came across Luts' Bory and I fell in love and got him instead. Still love him to death.
      Since then there has been Immortality of Soul's Co a couple years ago and now the Soom Baby Isha which I literally just paid for. But i like all my dolls.

19. I think I fall in love with too many dolls at first sight. It leaves me with a looooooong wishlist. My first love was my MYou Junyao. I still love her sweet face. I fell in love with her and bought her almost immediately.

20. Absolutely! There are dolls I instantly fall in love with and know I'll get. Sadly most of the time they're limited releases or hard to acquire dolls. T_T