1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. Evangeline - B from doll chateau. I love the way she looks and her silhouette is amazing in her full set.

2. Soom Beryl. I loved her instantly, but waited until almost the end of her order period to get her since I'd only had my first dolls for month and was about to move and had to justify the money. I had a nightmare I'd missed her order period though and finally just placed the order. I had her shipped to my sister's house since I didn't know where I was going to be when she arrived and didn't want the terror of having her lost in shipping.

3. I’ll be honest, when I first learned about BJD I thought they were kind of creepy. Then I saw some photos on some pretty dolls and they grew on me. Finally it was a Minifee Chloe that made me want to get into the hobby. It was love at first sight. I was convinced she’d be the one I’d get first, but my dolly plans got put on a back burner, and now that I’ve returned to it I changed my mind to a Minifee Shushu. I still want a Chloe, but maybe next time.

4. Currently I'm waiting for my SQ Lab Ryoko head to arrive and she was love at first sight! Such a beautiful sculpt and facial expression, hopefully she'll be even more captivating in person :)

5. Absolutely! Dollzone's Wen :love I absolutely fell in love with her when I first saw here, and I'm planning to purchase her at some point during this year! I want to purchase her with her fullset, so I'm thinking that utilising DDE's layaway program may be the way to go

6. As far as I remember, I've never bought a doll immediatly after I saw her for the first time. I'm always thinking about it for days before any decision, even if I really like her. But I'm not against the idea for others xD I was the first to tell a friend to buy a doll we've seen at a convention. A real love at first sight, and I'm glad she bought her before somenone else did !

7. There have been three dolls for me that literally stole my breath away as soon as I saw them and I cooed aloud. Mini Machina by Batchix, and Skully by Mister Minou. I've recently been able to purchase mini machina after some time of thinking she'd never be available to me :aheartbea Each one of these dolls just captured my heart and I haven't been able to stop stalking them, which is rather unfortunate because they're not very well known :sweat

#507 DrHorus, Apr 3, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020
    8. This has happened to me exactly 4 times
      1st MK lillian
      2nd Myou doll Delia
      3rd Gem of Doll RAE
      4th Minifee Lucywen
      and now i have them all = v =

9. Ugh yes! At the beginning of my bjd interest I used to randomly google "bjd". I once saw one doll that I couldn´t stop thinking about, it was so beautiful and goergeous! After a while I decided to do some research of it and luckily I´ve taken screenshots of that image, and luckily it had a watermark on it! It is a limited doll so of course I don´t own it but I seriously can´t stop thinking about it... haha what a life.

10. When I first got into the hobby, back in 2007-2008 there weren't too many companies around and ebay was a much safer place at browsing and buying dolls. It was there that I came across the company Dollmore. After another search, I found the company website and there I saw my first love Lilis Liv - such an ethereal look about her. I wasn't sure about SD size dolls yet so waffled for over a year. She was the 5th doll that I bought and I was ecstatic when she arrived and looked just like her photos. She is still my first love (and now I have 2 of her!)

11. DC Alberta. The story behind this is kind of dumb - I was 14 or 15 and just starting to figure out the doll world, and I'd heard of DC somehow. I was Googling "doll chateau" because I found it on a list of companies or something, and "doll chateau alberta" popped up as a recommendation. I lived in Alberta at the time, and I just about flipped. Even kid me knew that it would be unreasonable to hope for a store that sold dolls to be nearby, but I Googled it anyways. Obviously, she was halfway across the world and entirely of my budget, but I got over that disappointment really fast because I fell in love instantly.

Most of the dolls I've loved over the years have slowly made it off my wishlist, but I'd still kill to own an Alberta. She doesn't really fit the common definition of a "grail" (she's not rare, and I could technically afford her), but that's what she is to me. :aheartbea

12. My first absolute doll love was the old Dollstown Triste (before Torre resculpted it; I think it looks more generic now). I had liked many BJDs before and had them on my wishlist, but she was the first one I went absolutely nuts for. I've since found and bought many more that were "must-haves" for me and also many that were "really-wants." The difference is in how much productive time I find myself wasting on them... :frownyblush:

13. There are a lot of dolls that make me gasp when I see them -- so many beauties out there! -- but Dikadoll Abel was the doll that I just felt was the one, and he still has my heart ~ !

14. When I first saw Alan from Doll Chateau I knew immediately he is my all time favorite, my grail doll :love I'm now waiting for his arrival !

15. Dollzone Benjamin. I pretty much bought him immediately when I first saw him

... whiiiiiich ended up being a stupid plan because I still don't have him and I've seen like 5 of him for sale secondhand by now. :doh

16. Oh yes! Back when I started the hobby, I instantly loved Littefee Chloe's sweet smile. 6 dolls later and I still haven't gotten one yet, sadly... She's been a bit of grail doll/goal for me, despite her popularity. Another one that I instantly fell for was Fairyland's Pongpong 2. His smug smile is perfect for an unshelled character in my doll family, but I couldn't afford his steampunk fullset at the time. These are two dolls I'm constantly keeping an eye out for, even seeing owner picture makes me smile :D

17. Twice! When I saw culurs Ery, I knew that she was my grail. And when I saw Evelyn's face sculpt, I knew she was probably gonna be the doll I chose for my first.

18. Definitely the volks SD-F-69 head sculpt! When I first laid eyes upon her I immediately fell in love with her anime-like features and gorgeous face up, she really looks like a Dollfie Dream made of resin.
      And their SD13 female body is beautiful <3

19. For me, this doll was my very first. Lati Yellow Lea! Funny enough before I was able to purchase my first doll, I spent time on YouTube watching box openings and collectors accounts. My favorite custom Lea was on there. Next thing I know I am on EBay and there she was. My heart melted and I was able to do a layaway. No regrets! I still have her.

20. I've had it happen a few times. The first doll that really swept me off my feet was Asleep Eidolon Kina. AE is still kind of an obscure company, though I think they've become a bit more popular recently. Still, I seem to be the only person in the Anglosphere with a Kina. It's a shame. She's super pretty!