1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. Twice now. The very first time was with Don from Ringdoll. I loved his face and the way the company had styled him. I didn't end up purchasing him though, because I was 15 and my summer job didn't pay me enough to afford him. He's now sold out, so I'm not sure what my next step towards owning him is. The second was DC Elizabeth with her spider body. Honestly I love all of DC but when I saw her I knew I needed her. I'm glad she's still in production now that I'm looking to purchase another doll. I'll be saving for her soon and probably want her brand new. There are a lot of knock offs floating around it seems and I'm so nervous that I'm going to end up with a fake.

2. Oh my. I completely forgot I'd posted in this thread, two whole years ago, and lemme tell you how much has changed!
      No longer want to own that dollzone or ringdoll, and I find I don't really like switch as much as I used to and don't want him anymore either!
      So far, the only doll I fell in love with at first sight and decided I had to have, and eventually did get (albeit, two years later...) is the ada dan nightingale head. : D tastes change drastically over the years!

3. My DC Jodie, Mattie. My friend posted pictures of him on Tumblr when she was selling him and I HAD to have him.

4. I have this feeling when I first saw miadoll's Ginger. I saw him in a clothes' seller's picture. He is a cool boy!

5. I had it with my doll, Loong Soul's Domimi. When I first saw him, I thought: "What an ugly doll. Who would like to buy him?". But I decided to look closer and two days later he was mine.

6. I don't fall in love with dolls easily (my Lucien being an exception since he was my first), but I do fall in love with concepts easily (Like my Hanazawa boys, poor Verm was mostly bought to have spare parts if I needed them). However, I immediately fell in love with Doll Chateau's Lance the instant I saw him, and I hope to one day snag him.

7. Oh yes. My first doll has arrived, and I totally bought her on impulse because I fell in love with her scrolling past. Was a bit too easy for me to send over the money, hah!

8. YES YES YES !
      MK Lillian, Lucywen and Nanuri16 I love them so much they were the cutest things and I'm still
      obsessed. It was love at first. I don't think i would part with them. While looking for dolls I stumbled across
      Lillian and i was smitten. Same with Lucywen I was obsessed and nanuri

9. Absolutely! It's a different feeling from seeing a pretty doll that you wouldn't mind having. It's almost like you "recognize" the doll, a "yes, this is the one!". It happened to me with my Ringdoll Mai and my BeYours Primrose. Also happened with my Kaye Wiggs Abby and my DollZone Merlin, but with the latter two it only happened AFTER they arrived and I was holding them in my hands.

10. Iplehouse's EID Chase was what got me officially into the hobby in the first place, even if I don't own him as of yet. He's got such a handsome smile... </3 Sadly out of my price range for me, but I'll get there someday!

11. Oh yes... I was just fine not owning any BJDs (even went into the Volks store in Torrance around 2005 and wasn’t moved by seeing the dolls in person) and settled on admiring them from afar, but when Dollmore released images of their Lusion Dahlia in 2009 I got SO excited and remember showing those pics to friends who didn’t even like dolls :lol:
      The Lusion was definitely love at first sight, though a different Lusion head sculpt (Daish) is probably now my favorite over Dahlia, so it was really the Lusion body not necessarily the head that was what swayed me. Those dolls just remind me so much of the Japanese art dolls like Koitsukihime and that’s why I knew I needed to save up and buy one. It took many years (6?) but eventually my dream came true and I brought one home! :) She’s the only one of my dolls that has her own “space”. Also probably the most wigs and eyes come to think of it....she is the jewel of my collection.

12. Yes! Instantly fell in love with Dollzone mirai and had to have her! She arrived today, and I am more in love with her now than I was before! My heart is melting :’)

13. For some reason I just loved the Soom Dimo. He's not overly fancy, just really pretty to me. I wish I had gotten him when I first saw him, but I'm hoping to find a secondhand one when I gain marketplace access *fingers crossed*

14. I fell in love with two dolls,milhwaR and hwayoung.

15. I fall in love with some dolls at first sight, but I always leave them in a tab for a few weeks while checking out similar sculpts. I try to make my decision after that process.

16. There are a couple of dolls for me
      Ringdoll's The White Rabbit Full set the second i saw him i fell in love because well, i'm a sucker for rabbits and he gives me a kind of Alice in wonder land vibe

Doll Chateau Queena and Douglas both Full Set i fell in love with them because i adore the idea of a black and white swan together and there really isn't a lot i don't like about them? I think their outfits are cute, i like their faceups and sculpts <33

Recently its been the 5stardoll's 71cm bright doll i fell in love with him and his the next doll i'm looking to get i have the perfect character in mind for him and i can hardly wait!

17. The dolls I fell in love with at first site were Harucasting Maji!

#537 Applepip, Aug 18, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020
    18. My Charm doll Trista. Total "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" moment.

19. Dollshe Diana was love at first sight. I spent most of the summer looking for a doll to reshell another of my favourite childhood dolls and saw her and was like... yep. It totally works, she looks like my artwork, she's got the right build, yep. Then I spent the next three weeks waffling about options for her. And now I'll spend a small eternity waiting for her. :pout:

20. Oh god yes she's a beautiful lady. Have you had any luck searching the secondhand market?