1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. Ringdoll Frankenstein was the first one I fell head over heels for. Unfortunately, he was discontinued several years before I knew about BJDs. Since then, I tend to be looking for a doll for character and just ah ha! when I find the right one. However, recently, I have fallen very in love with Miracle Doll Lestat :D

2. For me, it was Switch Gyoha. Prior to seeing him, I didn't have much interest in Switch sculpts. However, as soon as I came across him on the marketplace, I fell in love with him and knew I had to get him:love

3. This happened to me with DC Hubery.
      I remember I saw him first time on Flickr and stuck with idea to have home like immediately. That was hard to get him, because he was discontinued sculpt

4. For some of my dolls, yes. For other dolls, I normally found them pretty at first, but more I look at them, the more I fall in love, so I bought them.

5. Just once with Lunnula Moonbeams

6. So some of the Volks LE girls were love at first sight, some the more you looked at, the more you loved and pined.
      My grail girls, the Volks Miruku and Kurumi were the first on that list. Next came Lieselotte, then Luna, then Lucia.
      Now I'm hunting for a Lucia, and find myself pining for a fricking Volks Charlotte.....it never ends. However, if it did end, I'd be a very bored person. The dolls are my biggest hobby right now...

7. I hadn't found any male sculpt I liked enough and I was starting to think that maybe I just liked female dolls. But then I saw Rosen Garden's Coilin and I fell in love :aheartbea

8. Absolutely:)
      My newest SD boy was love at first sight.
      Insane magnetism lol
      He came up for sale last weekend and everything just clicked for me.
      Over the last 2 years returning to the hobby this is the first time this has happened.
      Best feeling ever, better than finding a grail!
      I saw him 4 weeks earlier on Instagram and was impressed he was gorgeous and when he came up for sale I didn't hesitate to buy him. I was saving up for a different doll but my Instagram boy was so much better then the doll I originally wanted. :)

9. Blueblood Genx Nile still want him still till this day can't find him anywhere sadly

10. I first saw the limited wei yue jin by telesthesia x dragon doll on a taobao shop, and it was INSTANT love. I didn't connect with any other male sculpt before this so I just knew that he was gonna be the one for me, my grail :love the only thing was I was certain this was a resculpt (it was listed as shuga fairy) so I spent ages trying to identify the sculpt and company, then finally finding it and being crushed to see it was a limited sculpt from last year... my dreams were dashed :...(:...(

Thankfully a found a legit shop that's miraculously still selling this limited sculpt!! I dithered for about a week before I finally placed the order and I'm SO excited for him to arrive :3nodding: he should come in about 3-4 months!

11. i decided to check out wei yue jin fullset since he sounds really pretty, and fell in love with his baby fox version. im dithering if i should get him, i have no plans to bring a kid sculpt home, but so cute.

12. It's happened twice and I will soon own 9 dolls lol. First time was with my very first doll (OT vinyl doll), second time was with Popovy Sisters Venus Body :love

I've discovered that I can't just keep a doll around because they're nice to look at, I need to form a personal bond with them. So now I no longer buy dolls that I only just think are cute. I only get them if I start daydreaming about their personalities, stories etc.

13. That's how I felt just recently about the Dream Valley event going on. I love the creepy aesthetic going on.

14. I'm still pretty new to the hobby but so far it's happened twice.
      Aimerai Neo: He was the first doll That I saw getting into the hobby that fit my aesthetic. But I wasn't sure If I really loved him because he was one of the first dolls that I've ever seen. But I saw him back in January and now it's October and he's still on my brain so I think it's safe to say I genuinely love him. Lillycat Chibbi Newt Chocolate: She's a more recent one so we'll have to see if she passes the honeymoon phase. But I absolutely love her right now. Her resin color is gorgeous.

15. Not a BJD, but as soon as I laid eyes on the original Lil’ Fairy Erunoe I knew I needed to have her. She was hard to find at the time as she had just released and people were still holding onto her, but I managed to find one at Mandarake and I have loved her ever since. Still to this day she is the perfect doll to me.

For BJDs, I’ve been smitten with DDS Alice Kuonji ever since I saw her mentioned on another forum and looked her up. Never had any interest in Volks dolls until then (and I’ve seen many in person many times).

16. Got absolutely destroyed when I saw harucasting Wind on his most recent preorder. I'd just ordered my first bjd from myou and was happy to get such an affordable doll for what I wanted, and then I saw Wind and was like.....well, money isn't everything hahaha.

17. Popovy dolls were the first dolls that I fell in love with and sparked my interest in the hobby. Dust of Dolls cham boyl was another one.

18. The first one that caught my eyes was a Minifee Hwayu. I was so happy I shed a few tears when she arrived.:kitty1

19. I can’t believe this happened to me again (after happening twice before over my long years in the hobby) but it did! I thought I was done collecting after all this time, and I’d finally run out of characters to shell. But I was innocently perusing the company news section here on DoA, clicked on a post and *instant jaw drop* there she was! A Myou Macarena in all her resplendent fullset. And I had to have her…no matter what…budget out the window…don’t care…can’t live without her! So I put her on a long layaway and here we go again.:chomp:

20. I only have love at first sight dolls! If I'm not head over heels for them, I don't consider purchasing them. Which I would hope would keep the impulse purchases down, but I, heh, started this year with zero dolls and now have three. (Four counting an off-topic vinyl one in the same scale/style.) Granted, I'd seen Impldoll Avery months before and was smitten then, but waited until I'd paid off my student loans before putting in an order. Then Seed.Arts had Wol heads for sale and goodness the promo pictures leading up to it were so sweet, then Huajing Doll cropped up in the News forum with their brand new Tian Ni sculpt...

Fingers crossed there's no more terribly, horribly appealing dolls until I can move to a bigger space. And I sew the current crew more god damn pants.