1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. My love at first sight doll was Switch's Pavian! I knew Switch back when it was called Sonyeongi, and I was fond of their overall aesthetic back then, but at that time I was still very young and incapable of owning a bjd of my own (so there was a point where I browsed bjd sites less and less). 10 years later and I thought Sonyeongi had disappeared, only to know it's been rebranded as Switch.

Scrolling through the site and viola! Love at first sight with Pavian. Even though he's a monthly sculpt and seems remarkably less popular than their other sculpts, I think he's just so lovely. <3

2. The doll in my icon is this doll:
      lutsdoll co.,ltd.

And I thought about him every day for about a month... and finally worked up the guts to order him. Now I have one! :D

3. My doll family A Angel was love at first sight. I'd gone to a doll meet at a place that sold bjd, and I spent the entire time playing with him. So I just bought him right away, and he's been with me ever since, about 10 years now. The funny thing is if i'd onky seen his promo picture, I would never have considered him. The official pic had an awful wig and just didn't appeal to me at all.

More recently, I bought Myoudoll Maccarena the day she was revealed because it was instant love, I just needed her and her fullset

4. All of the Soom Petit Gems!! There isn't one I don't like! TwT But I didn't know they existed until long after their sales.. Luckily I'm adopting a Pa-an, now I'm waiting for her to be mailed. I'm very excited to finally hold one~! <3

5. I haven’t felt that by looking at them online but I have had a few that I fell in love with when I opened the box. I’m reserved with my feelings until they are actually with me, I don’t want to get my hopes up too much and be disappointed.

6. Yes I do. Thats why I bought my first doll last December. It is Leo from Ringdoll. I saw him and I totally fell in love.
      Hopefully my expectations come true:kitty1:kitty2

7. Unfortunately that does happen quite often. Which makes it hard not to impulse buy so much :sweat

8. I’ve already had two, and I’m saving for both currently. The first is MYOU Basil, he’s just SO freaking pretty and cute. I adore his eyes so much, and he would make the perfect base to shell one of my characters. MYOU has very good prices, too~

The second was not at all what I planned first getting into the hobby, but after actually having a doll I really want her: An An from Island Doll. I like her proportions much more than most other anthro tinies like ZuZus or Dear Mines since her head isn’t as big, and she’s so tiny I could just take her around with me anywhere!! The forest island dolls have such adorable little legs and even little hearts on their chests, how could I NOT fall in love immediately… and she’s only like 100 dollars since I’d paint her myself!

9. It usually takes me a while to warm up to the idea of any doll, but my first BJD was actually love at first sight. 5 Star Doll's Tumnus. I've had him since September 2011 and I don't regret it one bit. He was and remains my favorite doll.

More recently I fell in love at first sight with Doll Leaves Steven. I hesitated for a couple of months, then finally got him. He doesn't fit perfectly into my existing doll family, but I couldn't resist his forlorn little face. For a while I considered selling him, but changed my mind, and glad I decided to keep him.
      [​IMG] Doll Leaves Steven

10. My first one was Dollzone Merlin. I was browsing dolls and thought I would never find a male doll I would love and the next minute he was there and I had to have him. I've been waiting 9 months and everytime I think of him my heart flutters and I can't wait! I've also recently fallen head over heals for Faewoodsdoll Amanita on Instagram. She WILL be comming home lol

11. For me is was a ringdoll kimmy. I love the full set and I hope I can get him soon :D

12. SartoriaJ's MSD Naomi is the first doll I bought just because I thought she was pretty. I've got a doll crush on Iplehouse's Isabel.

13. Minifee Dina , minifee lucywen and feeple60 carol

14. All the dolls I have bought, and am still to buy from my must have list, have been love at first sight:love.

Thinking more on the subject however made me realize that I have fallen harder for some than the others. (Dollzone The Star&Moon, Souldoll Juno and Baby pink unicorn).

15. Volks Mai for me. She’s so sweet. I kept thinking about her after the first glance.

16. There were a few dolls for me that I definitely had that experience with! My first one was my Minifee Mio! I absolutely ADORE the sculpt and am so glad I have it in both tan and normal because I am obsessed with the look. I didn't do like any research on the doll at all, I just knew I needed to have it because of how beautiful the design was. The second one was my Gem of Doll Gaia doll 1/4 size. When I saw the SD size of the sculpt I was in love with it but heartbroken that it was SD since that's just not a good size fit for me. When I found out that they had it in 1/4 size I bought it immediately! The most recent one was my Gem of Doll Chris sculpt! I'm always a sucker for any type of fantasy doll and I've always wanted a wolf/human mix and his sculpt was the perfect combination!

17. The one I just ordered was love at first sight. He is a Dean Full set from Dream Valley. I saw him and couldn't get him off my mind for months until I finally ordered him. He really matches the theme I have (more fairytale type dolls and storylines). I can't wait to get him.

18. A few times yes. When I first saw the Dream of Doll Ducan; I knew i had to have him. I pined for months, until one day when fortune smiled my way and I was able to afford him. I went back and forth in my head for a few days, until my partner told me to stop waffling and order him. I got him fullset and an extra outfit; so glad I did because DOD seems to have disappeared.

19. I really want a Simply Divine Thomas head sculpt! It was love at first sight for real. Not so settled on a body yet though.

20. Eid Doria from Iplehouse. ❤️
      [​IMG]