1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. When I first got into the hobby, there were so many to choose from I didn't know where to start.
      I happened to come across one girl that caught my eye; but I didn't want to get ahead of myself so I kept looking.
      After a while I noticed I kept going back to that one girl and everyday looking at her pictures.
      She was a FantasyDoll Nina with a custom face up and she was soooooooooooooooo cute!!!
      I guess it really was love at first sight~ <3

2. When I started with this hobby I looked at many pictures. There where so many dolls out there that at first I didn´t know which one to get. Then I saw Shang Nai of AOD and I knew that she would be the one. I saved some pics and looked out for other dolls, but quickly got back to my chosen doll. And know I´m proud to have my little Ayumi :aheartbea

3. Yes, it was love at first sight - CP Lishe and Dollzone Tan Yuu. If I had gotten them first when I first started in the BJD hobby, I wouldn't be so broke now.

4. When I saw Ariel from BBB, I was like, 'ohmygod, I love her ears! I love her face! Mom!!!'

5. My first doll was love at first site. She is a Kaye Wiggs Miki. I got my second cus she was affordable. It took me a while to bond with her but now I love her.

6. I fell instantly for my first doll Iplehouse JID Soa. To me, she's perfect, even her imperfections are perfect. I just love her so much. She will always be special to me. While I love my other dolls, none of them had captured me instantly the way Soa did. They all grew on me or fit a character so perfectly I had to purchase them. Just recently, I came across another doll that gave me the same exact feelings as Soa. He's a RSdoll Evan in tan skin. It's kind of regretful because the tan skin was limited. I'd have to buy him secondhand. I know the ns version is available but it does nothing for me!!

7. Yes. Both Amir and Ay (my first and my grail).

i had been looking for my first doll, seen lots of cute ones, but nothing really screamed BUY ME! until I saw AoD Chen. After doing more research and seeing owner pix, I cried. I knew he was perfect.

I first saw Ay's sales pix (Soom Ender) when he was first released, but at the time, there was absolutely no possibility of me coming up with the money in time. I longed for him for two years, until my husband got me the head for Christmas. I like him even better on a slimmer hybrid body.

I also did this with Dhani, had been looking for a sculpt for the character but nothing was quite right, then found a SoulDoll Iliya head on the MP and he was just perfect! But he wasn't a grail or something I worked hard for, more like, I saw him, he was perfect and luckily, I had the cash for him.

8. I fell in love with my first few Minifees and bought them on a whim, but I learned my lesson since those days. I could never bond with them even after they've settled in. They looked nice, but it was like they weren't anything like I saw in owner pictures, obviously, but it was like something was missing. After selling them I got my Delf which I really liked but I searched around a lot before buying her. I really like her now.

9. I've been looking at getting a doll for a couple years now and I don't have one yet so I can't really say if what I like in pictures will result in me loving the dolls in person (though I'm sure I will). I debated for a long time on what doll company I like and which sculpt etc. But when I saw DollZone carter I knew I had to have him, plus he is within reasonable price range for his quality. I have ordered him but due to the long DollZone wait I'm still waiting to hear when he'll be coming home.
      during this time I haven't stopped looking at other dolls and now I'm in love with ringdoll's lucifer -.-
      the saving begins again...

10. I remember I just wanted DOD (DOC) Petsha for the longest time, and overtime I grew out her when I saw my first Minifee. Now I'm buying my first doll (Minifee Ala Carte Active Line Chloe)

11. I was debating for a very long time. Then I saw Dollshe's Ausley Love and I just knew she was going to be the one I bought. I used to stare at lots of pictures of Feeple boys or Doll in Mind girls but I could never decide what I really wanted. I didn't want to bite the bullet because I was afraid of buying a doll I wasn't completely in love with. I ordered my girl in May and I am still in love with her and cannot wait until she arrives.

12. Each and every one of my BJD's was a "Love at first sight "-- except the last one which was a head for a body that didn't work. Him I got because I hated having a headless -- it seemed such a waste when he could be the exciting stranger come to town. He fits the body perfectly and is now out for a face up.

13. Yeah, the first three dolls I want are ALL love at first sight. I mean, I'm thinking about it and making sure that I want them, but I know deep down inside, I'll get the first two for sure, hopefully soon. <3

14. Mine was love at first sight. I had just recently met someone down where I had been living in Arizona who was big into BJD's. I had never even heard of them, but when I saw them I thought they were totally weird and awesome. Eventually we started talking about the different size dolls, and she was showing me a few different ones of them online. I had asked how big they get, and she started telling me about one that was the size of a toddler, but she thought it was epically creepy looking. Now very curious, I asked if we could find it and started googling.
      And that's when I saw the Lusion doll for the first time. I instantly fell in love. I adored everything about the doll (and still do), and love it's ethrealness and it's slightly creepy undertones because of how big and life like it looks. There are a few others I've seen quite recently on the Doll Arrivals forum that I adored on sight too. But those will have to be saved up for. : )

15. YES. SO MANY TIMES. Three of them I have in my possession, another one is on Layaway. It's horrible that I can't seem to have just one grail- when I fall for a sculpt I fall hard. I always do the responsible thing, though, and wait for a few weeks/months before deciding to order it. Jusst in case.

16. Dawn was actually an impulse purchase. <3 I had never even heard of Mirodoll until I saw someone on another site link to their site because they were having a sale. I saw that Wind was on sale for an INSANELY low price, and I just jumped. She was so beautiful, and for only $100, I HAD to have her. I have not regretted it since. Dawn is absolutely lovely, and I'm hoping to be able to get a twin for her at some point...

17. At first it was Bichun of Iplehouse. Until now I have not been able to forget his sexy face ! I really want to have him in my collection but I can't afford him for the moment. But I will buy him ... one day !

My second "love at the first sight" is Ringdoll's Lucifer-Arios. I promised myself never to buy limited or fullset edition (because of price), but when I saw his beautiful face...I just fall for him. Can't help myself :doh.

18. The very first doll I saw is still an absolute favorite and one I really hope to get my hands on some day (Soom Clozel). There's been a few other dolls that I've absolutely wanted at first sight and still do, but at least I have better self control to not want them all these days.

19. Yes... it's happened to me a couple of times in the past but I've never been so smitten at first sight as I have with the FM60 Rin from Fairyland... Another is Doll Chateau's Lance who I plan to bring home sometime in the next year hopefully...

20. There's definitely some I've seen that I do really like at first glance, however, I don't actually think there's a single doll in my collection right now who didn't need a little internal debate, extra photos, or something else to decide! Some of my favorites in my collection, in fact, I didn't care for at all when I first started in the hobby and first saw them, but either over time or with seeing what others have done with them, I totally fell in love. Even my very first doll, the one who got me to take the plunge, I didn't truly love until I redid his faceup and got him looking different from his default pictures (which I regarded as "good enough for my goals").

There's a few that I've seen where I do think "Oh, that's lovely!" on first glance, but not one of them has ever made it into my collection, so I don't think I can call those "love," either. :XD: