1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. I definitely "fall in love" with my dolls. In fact, my ex would sometimes get jealous of how much attention I am capable of paying a doll with whom I am in love. If I can sit and do nothing but stare at a doll for lengthy periods of time, then I am clearly smitten!

2. Yes! I did! even I dont have a doll yet. When I saw supia rosy! I am really decided to buy and save money for her. She will be my first doll :)
      Even if she cost higher than any doll that I can buy right away Im still saving for her I like her so much! :)

3. Ummm. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! Haha.
      Especially for my first and second doll. My first girl was just to dye for, and I had to have her. And still have her! <3
      My second doll, my boy, totally LOVED him! Then I figured out he was kinda tooo big for me. =/
      So he's gone, but a found a sculpt that is similar and smaller so I will get him one day.
      I had a LTF DES. I really loved her sculpt with her cute elf ears. Then I got her, and we just couldn't connect. :C
      My Juri 10 girl, total love at first sight! I just didn't know if I would ever be able to get her. And now that I have her, she will never leave me. EVER.
      Ummmmm. I have a Luka|girl and I ordered and I thought she was sooooo cute. Then after waiting so long and seeing others I was getting a bit scared that I wouldn't like her. But I was gonna give her a try and after seeing a face-up preview I'm super excited to get her home.
      And last but not least my Celine. She's actually the only one I didn't want from my dolls. Haha. I just didn't care much for her when she came out.
      But then I saw an eye mod of her with her eyes opened bigger and fell IN LOVE! So I sold my DES and decided that I would reshell that character into my Celine.
      When I finally got her, OMG she was so cute! Much cuter then I expected her to be. So now she isn't getting that eye mod and is slowly becoming my obsession. XD
      So yeah. That's my life story. Haha.

4. I saw a moded head on the market place and it intrigued me. I looked up the original head on the company website and a character that has been taking shape in the back of my head walked up to the forefront and introduced herself and very sweetly informed me this was her face and that i needed to get a move on to buy her. So now I am saving up for a Little Monica Chloe. And every time I turn my phone or computer on I get to look her and remember why I am working so hard to save and pay the bills.

5. My first bjd which is DF H nangong is my first love :D

6. Ringdoll's new Lucifer! Fullset or basic, doesn't matter. His face sculpt means the world to me and one day I would like to own him.

7. Yes. I have one. Impldoll Juno is my "love at first sight". Since I saw him first time I know that I need this boy. And once I have lucky chance to buy his head exactly in skintone I need. All time I'm in hobby it was the best day.

8. Lillycat Cerisedoll Ellana. She's been my grail doll since I first saw her... It's a curse... I can't even look at the dolls I used to love without thinking I'd rather save for her. Someday!!! *shakes fist*

9. Ringdoll Jack. He's my grail. When he was on market, I was too busy for ordering, so I'm still searching for him... A lot of time passed.
      I think I will never find him :(

10. I totally did fall in love with sculpts before, usually from owner photos I randomly find... just takes one great photo and I'm hooked!

With my own dolls... yes... I also fall in love with them when I get them. Even if they are eyeless or wigless or wear only "ugly" clothes cause I don't have their actual ones yet, I usually fall for them right away!

11. Enchanted Dolls... they have everything I am looking for in a perfect doll - size, sculpt and excellent body structure.

12. YES. Iplehouse SID Edan. I had to hem and haw a bit because he's so darn expensive but oh my goodness, I'm so glad he's on layaway :'D

13. Actually..my first love on bjd is for Bianca from Iplehouse
      Omg i think she's purrrfecttt LOL
      But too expensive >.<

14. My first love is Crobidoll daydream Zionnn. But it was too late for me... *cries

15. I felt like that when I found my girl Vivian, but with my boy I looked around for a long time before picking a ResinSoul Mai for my very first doll. Guess it just depends on what you're looking for at what time.

16. I have seen a Littlefee on Flickr that I just keep going back to look at and I am trying to decide whether to get this Littlefee or the Minifee I was intending to buy next month! I am searching for a wig just like this Littlefee is wearing but yet to find one! I just hope I can mine half as good!

17. This happened with me 4 times
      Iplehouse Bianca and Victor from addiction series, Soom Clozel and Phonolus
      I knew I will buy them at the very first moment I saw the promos

18. Soom Amber. I think I'm not original with it =) I've seen her on site but it was too late.
      I do everything I can for getting her.

19. Yes Iplehous Bichun but now its a lot of them I see and fall for one at-lest once a week.

20. Iplehouse Carina, Souldoll Yeon-Bee and Dollshe Ausley Love. Saw them and fell instantly in love. I have brought the first two home and now am saving to bring Ausley home too.