1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. As soon as I set eyes on the human version of Sooms' Puss In Boots sculpt, it was definitely love at first sight <3

2. I've had that before, with Impldoll Gela and Soom Cheshire Cat. Gela I loved and wanted from the moment I saw the company photos but the official pictures of the Soom one didn't strike my fancy. When I saw a blank one in person though, I couldn't put him down. I knew I had to get one ASAP. XD And as luck would have it, I was able to buy the exact one that made me fall in love with the sculpt! ^_^

3. Now I have only one doll. I wouldn't say that it was love at first sight, because at the beginning I didn't distinguished molds, they all were equally beautiful and similar to each other for me. And after watching huge amount of doll pictures I began to notice the same pleasant features. Then I learned that it was Dollshe Rosen. Since that time I am Rosen-addicted!

4. lol yes, you could say that:) I really love Iplehouse Mari and Ring Doll Lucifer-Arios :D

5. I knew which two immediately when I saw them. Mystic Kids Francis and Evelyn are the two for me.

6. I've only had love at first sight once. My other dolls took time for me to love. When I saw pictures of these dolls that didn't interest me at first with amazing beautiful faceups, that made me fall in love with them.

7. lol yes it was :D i love Iplehouse Bianca and Luts Avalanche :dance

8. Happened to me a few times -- each time, the doll ahs become my grail, and I have not been able to get them yet. T^T

I fell in love with Delf Azure years ago. I'm not-so-secretly hoping they release a Model Delf version of him one day so I can get him! But I don't know if that'll ever happen.

The minute I saw owner pics of the tan Pukifee Pong Pongs, I knew the little thing NEEDED to be in my collection. I'm holding out to see if Fairyland repeats the events this year in some fashion so I can have him.

Another Fairyland I fell in love with is the NF Event head from Spring 2014. One day! One day I will have you, NF head!

Of the dolls that I do have, when I saw the limited edition Tiny Delf Alice (Alice in Wonderland edition) I knew I HAD to order her. She's in my collection now, and she is so lovely~ I want more Alices, now.

The same thing happened with Cheshire Kitten Lance from Crobidoll. I missed the event due to BJD hiatus, but when I saw him on the secondhand market, I made an offer right away. That was years ago, but he's still in my collection!

9. 100% YES. The moment I saw the LE Spiritdoll Stayne I knew I had to have him. Instant grail doll and near instant buy. It was close enough to my high school graduation when I found him so I told my mum he was the only gift I wanted. And wahla~ a couple months later I had my love at first sight doll <3

it was the most expensive and last/only doll gift I ever asked for x.x

10. Yes, there have been a few so far but defiantly iplehouse SID Shane. I was unsure if I wanted a male doll but when I saw him I was like yes he needs to come live here. It was a friends IRL pics that I first saw him in and I tried to find other alternatives but ended up ordering him b/c I knew I would be unhappy with anything else.

11. It's happened to me twice,both Leekeworld Mikhaila and Minifee Mir were instant love,I know that they are radically different though my idea of aesthetically pleasing when it comes to things like dolls and fictional characters has always been a pretty wide field.
      I did not hesitate to order a Mikhaila when I saw her in stock at DDE and as for the Minifee,I really do hope to order him early next year.

12. It's happened thrice with secondhand dolls, and once with a doll I ordered from the company. I'm not sure what it is about them, their faces or what, but I fall in love.

13. Yes, Peak's Woods' FOF v.f. Lady Alice in blue-grey, FOC Dlight and FOC Dandy Tristan White Rabbit XDD'

14. Yup! It happened when I first saw:

- Migidoll Ryu (not in my wishlist only because I don't have a char for him) and Vampire Miho, my favorite sculpts

- Souldoll Paolo

- Soom Heliot

Now, only if I had the money... XD

15. Oh, yes. Iplehouse Carina and Kamau. They are both at home now. I was so utterly thunderstruck with Carina. I think I actually gasped the first time I saw a photo of her. I have never wanted anything so bad in all my life. It took me two years to get her. I wanted her name to reflect how I felt about her... so Epiphany Epitome Paragon is what I call her. Iplehouse dolls are just...AMAZING. They are of absolutely unearthly beauty.

16. I absolutely fell in love with Souldoll Joelle.D and Iplehouse Roger at first sight. They are probably my dream dolls (I probably will never be able to afford Roger...sob)

17. Yes!! That's how I just ended up buying my Supia Haeun. Total love at first sight. My wallet cried the moment I laid eyes on her. ;)

18. I fell so so hard and immediately for the one who would become my first doll, OceanMoon's Eun-Ryoung. In particular a limited edition, but the price scared me off so I bought her blank instead. I still love that L.E, and if she's still available at my birthday time (another month and half away) I will consider getting her.
      Seeing if it's "meant to be," or if she'll find a home before then, but that was definitely love at first sight!

And then, months later, I saw in OceanMoon's blog archive this photo of a 50cm girl (Ara-Nuri) in progress, and she has been haunting me ever since. Like haunting me badly. Her sculpt has gone through some changes since that photo but I'm absolutely hooked. I can't wait til she is released..!

19. Many. Many times. :D

20. Before I got into the hobby I had seen a few dolls before and thought 'woah, these are lovely!'
      ...but then...then I saw 'Jan' from Souldoll and I instantly fell in love. X3 After that I got into the hobby and now I'm hooked. Some day I shall own him. SOME DAY.