1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love the company but not the molds?

Aug 5, 2007

1. Same here. I also love many of Luts' sculpts, but i just don't know if they're for me. Meaning... They seem really beautiful to me, but I'm just not sure if their dolls are the right ones for me or if the final outcome will suit my fancy.

I also adore some of the Souldoll molds, but am not sure if I'll ever get one. For a reason similar to the Luts matter- they're so strikingly beautiful, but I'm just not sure if they'll suit my style.

2. ah yes i guess we have the same feeling >_< when i get to know bjd, around 4-5 years ago, that time there's only Volks around. I really like School A and adore them but it just doesn't made me have the urge to throw in thousands until i saw my first love frm luts cp. and i like Volks as a company just that i don't know why their mould doesn't appeal to me as much but i still do like a few!

3. It could just be me, but I sense a certain mystique about Volks: their highly limited editions, the full customization service, the adoption ceremonies, the fact that "Dollfie" is synonymous with ABJDs in many minds, the sheer difficulty--until fairly recently--of getting one's hands on them. And yet, when I actually looked at their line, I saw beautiful dolls, but nothing that appealed to me personally. Their sculpts are too young, and the older dolls (the SD16 and 17) just aren't accessible. Fortunately, I found and fell in love with Luts/CP instead. I wish it'd been a Japanese company, because we have tentative plans to visit Japan next year and it would've been so much fun to visit his birthplace, but that's the way things go.

4. most of the times it's the other way around for me.
      i love many types of dolls but i often can't get myself to buy them because i know that company's dirt

5. Yep, When I first saw BJD it was about 5-6 years ago, I saw Volks, thought hmmm nice but I can't spend so much on a doll but I see some of the korean companys recently (just got into the hobby again a year ago) I thought oh wow I HAVE to have one of those X_x

I agree that to me they look a bit too young, maybe one day I will get a FCS girl (I dunno I don't mind female young dolls as much as male, its maybe because male dolls I like ones I find attractive as a male, and younger males I have no intrest in IRL too...)

6. For me, I had a company that I did prefer (for sculpt and customer service) and now it would have to be quite the doll to get me to deal with them again. I used to adore Luts; I was stunned by the expressions of the CP faces and the beautiful hands. But that was 2005...and now, what with the inconsistency of the resin, the extreme similarity of new sculpts to old ones, and the lousy and slow customer service my friends and I have received from Luts, I find that I don't want to have anything to do with them.

Volks is actually the company I come back to, time and time again (my very first doll was Volks, back in the day), because of the unique beauty of their dolls, their lovely way of dealing with customers, and hehe, as was said above, I like the 'mystique.' ;)

7. I love the photos on the DoD website, and I must say, as far as Ducan is concerned, all the owner pics I saw only convinced me more that he was terrific. :aheartbea Scads of personality....;)

8. I love Souldoll. Their dolls are so beautiful, and the outfits are so pretty to. But they just don't fit my family, or something is just abit off in regards to the face. There is one Souldoll that I will be getting but the rest...as pretty as they are, just won't be part of my family.

-Anneke

9. Yes! Sha was the very first BJD I really fell in love with. I almost got him and everything! But then I saw the owner pics and he just DID NOT look as pretty as in the promo pictures. His face was much, much more childish looking.

Though, I do know of a couple of Sha owners here with lovely Shas. One is Izam's Hikari. Very beautiful.

10. Narin and Limhwa. Pretty, pretty dolls.....I'm always looking at them and admiring them yet, I don't think I'd buy one. They are lovely and yet they don't suit me. Plus I'm still a bit wary of the french resin. Well.....maybe I'll get a little Narin one day. But I'm not sure about it.

11. Soom is a company I've liked for a couple of years but I've just ordered my first doll from them. I've always heard such good things about their business and I like their dolls but none of them have been right. Apparently I was waiting for them to make MA Corvi. Who knew?

I'm really glad to have dolls made by small places like Dollstown and K-Doll. When I buy something from them I really feel like I'm supporting an artist.

I'd really like to support Luts, I love many of their sculpts and too much of their clothing but I'm really going to try not to buy from them. Every transaction I've ever had with them in the last two years has gone wrong and I've paid for too many services and goods that were not rendered. :|

12. I'm having a problem similar to this.

I really like the size etc. of the orientdoll Joongs. But I'm having trouble deciding between snow and normal skin (leaning towards normal at the moment)... and also between head molds.

The problem is that they look different in the owner pics and in the company shots... but even the owner pics are rather different.

13. yeah i understand completely. They're sweet in real life, the two i have seen but some of the owners pictures can look like they're slightly... staring into space most of the time

oh yes. I adore DoD's clothes and there are a handful of dolls i really do like (I have a soft spot for Kirill, Tender Too Sha and Ducan) But sometimes in some owner photos i can't but think their eyes are too round! I like the rest of the face but the eyes just turn me off on a few of them.

The other company is Souldoll. Beautiful dolls, i really like but i never had that urge of 'i want' from them just yet.

And as much as i like Volks, non of the standards are doing anything for me. I always prefer the random limited. I like the limited Mark but standard Mark was a let down.

14. I've had this problem with Luts. I've heard mostly good things about the company (overall impression has been good), and I like the overall "look" of a lot of their dolls, but most of them have something... that just isn't for me. (though I do love some of them, they aren't "mine.") That and the body mold just wasn't compatible with the poses I wanted. That may have changed with the new body, looking forward to seeing more of that, but until now at least, even if I loved the company, overall, the molds were just not mine.

As I said though, the new Luts body may change that a bit for me, and new head molds come out all the time. If anything does, they are a company I'd be happy to order from, I think.
      You never know what will come next with BJDs these days.

15. Iplehouse. I love the customer service and website, as well as admire their sculpting. I just don't love any of their molds. :sweat

16. I can't say I've had that issue with my DZ Mo or Luts Shushu. I've had a feeling that sometimes pictures misrepresent a dolls skintone or general angles, like they saturate the picture too much...or the angles are funky.

Edit - I actually do kinda have an issue. I really like Angel Regions Cien but their customer service stinks!

17. Although I have Shushu, I know what you mean. I am in love with Shushu's but the only think that irks me about the open eyed mold is that her eyes are a bit too big for me. I have just had my sleeping Shushu modded and her eyes are very dreamy and perfect now ^^; Otherwise her face is just so perfect I just find her eyes sometimes too big in pictures that it puts me off.

18. My favorite companies to do business with are Dollmore and Iplehouse. Both have exceptional customer service. and I really appreciate the quality of their dolls.

The only company I avoid doing business with is Tensiya. I wish I could in good conscience support Tensiya, as I am a HUGE fan of Anu's work, but their customer service is deplorable. And, I hate how the whole sale of the LE Bermann's has gone. I think they have made very poor business decisions regarding those dolls, and along with the fact that buyers of those dolls pay for them up front, and rarely get them in less than 7 or 8 months time. Sorry, nobody gets to use my money, interest free, for that amount of time without providing me with the product I have paid for.

19. --

#39 Devil's Trill, Sep 22, 2007
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    20. I'm quite new to BJD collecting, but I really want a Delf Dark Elf Soo. I love everything about her face except the chin. I almost feel as if it's too pointed and "anime-styled". I won't let that put me off though!

I love the Soom Sabik, but I don't like him being 80cm tall. I can't justify owning someone that big! :sweat Plus, some of the Soom dolls have "droopy" eyes that really put me off. :o