1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love the company but not the molds?

Aug 5, 2007

1. DoD! I love more of their larger dolls, but they're too big for me, and their smaller dolls aren't quite what I'm looking for. I dunno. I still love their molds. Just nothing's quite... perfect.

2. I'm the opposite..

I REALLY badly want a woosoo but luts has only released a limited amount..which sucks for me. So I'm more annoyed at the company than the moulds.

3. I don't think I've been around long enough to decide really, but so far Lati has been great! Their molds are probably some of the only ones I can really see myself owning. There's tons of dolls I've seen that I think are gorgeous (soulkid apple comes to mind), but don't think they would fit with the rest of my dolly family.

4. Soom, I LOVE the company, they have great customer service and I think some of the best default faceups in the business... but I just don't care for most of their dolls.

Dollshe, I LOVE the company (they are such sweethearts)... and I love the dolls, but I just don't care for the size (I'm a small doll person)... but I think they do beautiful work, and I promote them every chance I can get.

5. I really love Dollmore's accessories because they have EVERYTHING but their dolls just don't do it for me.

Especially around the mouth area. I really hate how some of their lips are parted, but, instead of just empty space there's a little resin mouth wall.

Which brings me to my next gripe... the face-ups. I really wanted to like Mellow Cole because of my soft spot for the tanned, but damned if she doesn't have that cheap plastic Kmart-style Barbie knockoff look to her.

Cocori puts her to shaaaaaame.

But I will give it up for Black Candy Ipsae. She's really purty.
      Lovely face. Beautiful beautiful face up. But almost a grand and sold out. So, so much for that. :doh

6. soom dolls looks so woow and i love the way they introduce their dolls and the whole fantasy parts included but when it comes to the sculpt i say to mysell there are really not my type v.V

7. i just adore the fairyland moulds, in particular the real pukis and pukifee Ante head. one thing that depresses me though, and is noones fault is that i cannot for the life of me find a real puki Pupu in white (or any colour)! There are quite a few other company moulds out there that i really dislike but hey, that is just personal preference i guess. i think the thing really is about research, and this site isbrilliant for great photos by owners to see that the little folks really look like. with regards to clothes and accessories, i love things that are properly scaled down to fit the dolls. anything with lace though is a no no for me as it just looks out of proportion. realpuki Roro, all covered in fluff and too much hair for my liking.... this means you my sweetie!

8. When I first encountered DollPamm, I felt this way. I adored the look of the bodies, and the uniqueness of the faces, but while the dolls in general were tempting, no specific sculpt called out to me to come home. The eyes, or the face shape, or the expression just weren't quite right. I didn't quite have a character that would fit. I couldn't see how each would fit into my collection. That changed when I saw in-production photos of Ivi, and I ordered her the first day she was available! (And I adore her and am very glad I got her.)

With the boys, again I have a similar feeling toward them. I love the sculpting of the bodies, I love the look of the heads, but none feel "right" for my collection. But I still watch to see what's out next, to see if something will fit in around here.

9. Kinda nervous to say this but Iplehouse. Don't get me wrong I love the faces! The detail that goes into those things is amazing and I dream of one day bringing a Luo home to join my doll family. My biggest problem with the dolls is the bodies. I don't like the way some of the heads look in proportion to the neck and some of the sculpts (like YID Eddie for example) seem really silly on the big muscly bodies they have.

I like how they offer those body types (I would love to get some of my guys on bodies with that much beef) but I wish they offered other options for certain sculpts. Or that they would sell just the body or just the head more often so that people could get their dolls to look just right for them.

The girls are less interesting to me. Girl dolls in general are harder for me to bond with and a few of their ladies are stunning. Allot of them, particularly among the larger girls, have a face that just seems perpetually ticked off. This is a shame because the crafting of these dolls is again, amazing. I would love to see some different dreaming sculpts or versions of the same dolls where they were smiling or something.

10. Agree with Clorista about IH bodies >.>
      Also I like to browse (serf?..) Rosettedoll site (it's awesome!) and Bluefairy's one, but I don't want a doll from these companies. But BF's cloth is quite nice... x)

Отправлено с моего GT-I9300 через Tapatalk