1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love the head, don't like the body - bad resin match, or new mold?

Apr 20, 2008

1. well, thought about it before i got my dolls. i knew i wanted coco to be more mature so she's a jeong on a mnf body...i have a few hybrids planned, because i dont like owning the same body twice! it just feels wierd, having characters with an identical body

2. I also am owner of a T.Too who I love dearly. I didn't mind the body so much, but the hands were buging me like crazy. Luckily enoguh I found new hands for him! ^__^

3. I got a Fantasy Doll body for my El because I don't like the stiffness of the Luts boy bodies. They can't slouch and it drives me nuts on my MNF boy. Luckily Fdoll matches pretty well with older Luts heads.

I'm trying to find the "perfect" bodies for my Ryu and Miho heads and not having much luck. I love the mobility of the Flexibody but the hollows in the limbs bug me. Souldoll double bodies are also nice except for those knees which look freaky. I love the Iplehouse body sculpt but it doesn't have the poseability I want. Also I've heard Iple and Domuya are changing resins to a pinker color so they might not match my heads anymore. Argh. *_*

4. Ohh I've done this plenty of times! Most recently, I took the DIM robel head off that godawful DIM minimee body that just was snappy and NO and got him an SDF, the resin match was hilariously bad until I blitzed the head with pastels and now, you barely notice it tbh and since he can now pose WITHOUT throwing off his wig when the torso joint snapped back, it's all good :)

I really don't mind working on resin to make it match and a little difference is fine to me. As some others have said, often you'll get a whole doll that doesn't match cos of the coatings anyway, so it's no big deal to me :)

5. Yes ..Lati just dont do a Lati Yellow boy body ...and I prefere a jointed torso
      so for my prefect tiny girl
      so I have I put 1 Lati Coco head on a Jaimedoll body ...prefect
      and swapped the hands because I dont like Jaimedoll hands

and for the boy I put my Byurl head on a Bobobie boy body , swapped the hands and the feet ...and he is now the most perfect little boy ...and a damn good resin match

Now I am wondering if the Lati Green head would go on the BambieCronie Bella body ..as that body is just too amazing

6. I haven't read through the intire thread so if this have already been said I'm sorry.

Couldn't you blush the face to match the body? You'd of course have to give him a new face-up too but wouldn't it be worth it?

Dustbunnie

7. It depends for me. I dont usually have a 'character' in mind when I purchase the dolls, the character is based on the doll. (If that made any sense) I choose a doll for the head sculpt and if it feels 'right' with the 'character' then I would get that one. So the head is very important to me. The body... is getting more important too so i'm starting to hybrid.

Although I like the Luts body, it would annoy me if my couple has the same body scuplt. My El-ss needs to be thinner than my El so... hybriding seems the only solution. I dislike the boyish look of the SD13 body so my Tony is getting a senior delf body (unless i can find a SD16 body...) The match needs to be well though, I can't stand it if the resin match is way off, a shade or two is acceptable unless it's horrid in photos. If all fails I would end up buying the original body just to have a good match. (even that isn't always the case of matching)

8. I blush heads to match bodies all the time. I have a definite vision of how I want each doll to look and if the body doesn't work, I have no problem switching. I try to get as close as possible for the resin match, then blush the head to be even closer.

9. I have a gorgeous Domuya head with a custom faceup that I absolutely LOVE, however I can't stand the domuya flexi body at all. It just is absolutely horrid in my personal opinion (can't stand or sit by himself and is really awkward and always popping joints and spinning legs around when you hold him).

I want to switch the body and keep the head, but i'm told the color won't match any other bodies, and do NOT want to have to re-do the faceup (as that's what I love most about him).

It's totally frustrating me to no end... so i'm in the same boat as to not knowing what to do. I tried putting up a feeler to sell him, but priced it kinda high on purpose so that if I sold him I would know it's to someone who REALLY loves him.

---

Oh, also... i've been looking for months for more mature MSD girl hands to match volks resin color because the chubby MSD hands from volks (and the long and lanky ones from DZ) just don't do it for me. I want elegant and feminine hands (with a lot of detail) on my MSD girl. I have a hybrid volks/DZ MSD girl because I wanted a more mature body for her... and it worked out really well (the DZ "yellow" skin matched volks pureskin almost perfectly), except for those darned hands (which I didn't like anyway, so no loss).

10. well.. i love hounds head but i don't like his body // i havn't really looked into the options but .. i don't thikn you should give up on a doll :)

11. If i was in love with the sculpt for the character, i'd be hard pressed to give it up regarldess of a bad resin match or a bad body. I'd find a way to make th ebody work, but that might just be my insanity XD

//also, a bit ot, maybe, but check around and see if maybe other bodies might work for him too? Not sure if its anywhere near what your looking for or if it would match, but i recently had a comparison of my kid delf (realskin) aru and an old body/old resin doc pitts, and they were seriously almost a perfect match. her owner was also looking for a new body to get rid of the doc body since she had issues with her posablity. just a thought =]

12. I thought it would bug me the resin matching being off, but I just stuck my Volks head onto a Luts SDF body just because I needed a more masculine "hard" male body for the charrie and its just perfect. Resin isn't 100% perfect (only shows up in pics), but it doesn't bug me and its a very good match I think, and the head fit without having to do any modding, and size wise, wonderful. Its like his head was meant for that body, lol. I rather have that than having his head on a body I hate.

I think nothing in this hobby really is going to be 100% perfect all the time. I know I can't have everything I want when building my dolls, but to at least get it to the point where I truly am happy with my boys. ^^

Although...sometimes though it does work out perfectly. I have my SDF Azure head on a B&G body and its perfect size and resin match for me. And the body fits the cuter charrie I have for that mold. :kitty2

13. I would get the head I liked and a body I was okay with that had a reasonable resin match. I wouldn't go for the body I loved with a terrible resin match.

14. I have a Leekeworld Min head from the blind head event last year, and when he arrived, much to my surprise... I don't have a single body that match him 8D;;;; LUTS' resin colour is way off (I didn't even need to try to see the proportion match LOL ) , and the Volks SD13 body looks too small proportionally + the resin match isn't that good. I can live with the Volks SD13 body for him if I'm doing a small photoshoot at home, but he has to be covered in long sleeves clothes and no way I'm bringing him out with a mismatched body like that D8

I'm still looking for which body to get for him, my poor floating head.

15. Just thought of another
      I LOVE the Oreint doll Vampire Tae ...so bought the head ..and treated myself to a face-up too
      he is my Haldir ....
      but I just dont like the body,i like its mature look ... I dont like the solid torso ., ..so poor head has been in a box since he came
      waiting for the day the jointed torso doll is made ...I was just about to give up ...when they have said they will be releaseing the new body in May ...I just hope its fab anad I am getting quite exited about it

16. This has happed to me with my Sooah! I disliked her body but loved her face.. I ended up selling the whole doll with mixed feelings~ :(

17. We have a battle cry in my house every day. "FAIL DIM FAIL" I love my achernar to death but from day one his body made me actually try and sell him twice before I finally realized it was the body I hated. it was far to over muscular for the char. I finally sucked it up and bought a new body

18. I have a DOC T.Too girl, and while I wasn't crazy about her body when I first saw her, it works well enough for her character. I haven't thought about different bodies for her.

BUT.. at only 57cm, my Delf Lishe is really short standing next to her 63cm beau. That has always bothered me. In addition to that, I hate her boyfriend's SD13 body too. The height of hi body is nice, but the structure is too immature. Now that I am looking for a new body for him, I know I will need a new body for her too (finally). Any body I will buy to replace the SD13 body will make him taller... and, consequently, he'll tower over my girl even more than he does now. I'd be happy enough to buy some old CP boy legs and swap them out for hers. That would make her tall enough to appease me, and I could simply shape the legs for a more girly look.

The task of finding bodies that correlate to each other's height is quite time consuming. Everyone in the house needs to be at the proper height for their character, in relation to the other characters as well. :roll:

19. Personally, in all honesty... I don't find that awkward hybrids really bother me. Whether it be ill-fitting necks or poor resin matches, I'll just try to fix them through modding and blushing. I feel that I should go with my favorite bodies and favorite heads, and not try to force myself to like something else just for the sake of compatibility. I just like it better that way, even if they don't always work together perfectly. :)

20. ..........