1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lumedoll by Dollist!

Jan 9, 2008

1. Oohh, that Keid Ara painted by SDink! Congrats, April :D He's gorgeous.

I owned Keid Ara once before, sold him because we didn't quite click, and then bought another that I'd been a fan of for years ^^ Faceup by Hiritai, but now mine, and I love him!

[​IMG]

2. I just got email that my Phaet has shipped.
      Squeeeeeee! My first Artist Doll!

3. Congrats, Therealwalter - and good news for me too - my Saiph shipped out today! *happy dance for both of us*

4. Yay! Congrats to both of you! I look forward to lots of photos!

5. Makoto, my Phaet, arrived home today and he is beautiful! Now I have to figure out how to post photos. :dance

6. Thank you, aernath - and congrats to you, TherealWalter, on the arrival of your Phaet.

My Saiph has also arrived, and he is gorgeous and so expressive, even without a face-up. Hopefully we'll have a couple days of warmer weather coming up, so I can get him painted (it's too damp and rainy this week), otherwise I'll paint him in spring.

7. My Lumedoll Phaet named Makoto with his friend Islanddoll Wind Noah. Noah has my first real face up and Makoto came with the artist's face up. Need to get him a wig since the one I had got was too small but he kind of looks good bald like the young Japanese boys sometimes wore their hair in a Bozu (monk) cut. I sewed the Yukata for Makoto but the size is wrong so now that I have him to pattern it on will need to try again.

[​IMG]

8. They're both lovely boys, Therealwalter!

9. [​IMG][/URL] image by therealwalter, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here is Makoto in a hoodie and pants I made him. It was a real struggle to put him back together as the hoodie would not go on over his head so I took his head off to dress him but the elastic she used is very large and the knots would not go through the neck hole of the head without yanking hard. Then the elastic slipped down the neck hole of the body before I got it stopped. The knots were so big they took a lot of pulling (and some foul language) to get back up the neck hole that they so easily went down. Grr.
      He is going to stay in this shirt or if I redress him will have to make something that does not require beheading to get on and off.
      He came strung very loosely so tightened him up in the process.
      He remained calm during the whole debacle. The same cannot be said of me.
      Tried on another wig I had for a different doll but it made him look like Cousin It.

10. YAY! Glad they made it home safely! ^_^

Therealwalter - I usually move the strings around so that the knots are inside the belly instead of the head for all my dolls. Those knots take up so much room, even when they do fit through the head hole, it bugs me and gets in my way of changing eyes.
      Your boy looks handsome! I like his hoodie and patterned jeans.

11. Thanks for the tip. Next time I dress him I will try that. My other dolls S hooks stay on the elastic and slip through the head hole so it did not face this problem before.

12. The weather cooperated, and happily, I was able to paint my Saiph, just before the rains began. His cap and fingerless gloves are also by me, and I tea-dyed his shirt. His wig is by my friend, Robyn-in-WA. It was originally white, and I custom colored it.

[​IMG]

13. Makoto finally got his hair. And a new outfit (it needs buttons yet)
      [​IMG][/URL] Makoto by therealwalter, on Flickr[/IMG]

14. Can someone tell me the neck size of the SD girls? I can't find it anywhere.....thanks in advance...

15. Finally got a sorta kinda decent picture of Rikki my Saiph. I just love this guy. Anyone considering her new boy Vega?

[​IMG]

16. Awww, he seems a little camera shy!

Vega? Yesssss!

17. Has anybody checked Vega's body? It is aesthetically very pleasing.
      I am not totally sold on the head though this is probably due to the minimalist/sensitive face-up, but I like the look the body. Lovely legs.

18. He is! Hie is my most difficult doll to photograph. Every time I try, the lens gets blurry, lights flare, shadows darken…lol

Woowoo to Vega…! Can't to see him when you get him and how he looks next to your Usil. I really kinda wished I got that guy.