1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lumedoll Mature Mini discussion Part 1

Nov 10, 2011

1. What!? Arrrrgh! I'm caught now because Batchix is going to re-release her Dark Elf on Sept. 10th but I've no idea price/colour as Batchix hasn't released that info yet. I can't afford both dolls. God damn it all to hell!

2. I noticed that tonight, too, vermont chick. I'm disappointed as I think their heads are well done. Have no money right now to buy, so I guess that will be the end of Lumadoll? Sad. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. The 60-70+-inch dolls have become so popular that I think some businesses will be closing if they don't want to retool and redesign which is so costly at first that avoiding bankruptcy is tough. I'm doubly concerned because my hands no longer have the strength to handle the larger size dolls and have limited my group to the 43-inch range. Sigh...

3. I'm in the same boat--no strength for the larger dolls anymore. No way could I restring a 70+cm doll. I have only 4 dolls left between 50 and 60cm. What gets me about Lumedoll's decision is that she has timed it just as more companies are getting into the small head, mature mini size (Iplehouse, Creature Doll, Raccoon Doll, to name a few), which I would expect to fuel interest in Lumedoll as well. It seems an odd time to bail out. On the other hand, I can understand if Lumedoll's artist feels the need to stretch her wings and move on to something else. It's not like someone else can step in to continue and grow the line. Like you I'm disappointed, because I can't afford another doll at the moment and I do like her sculpts. I only wish I had become aware of her dolls before she discontinued the smaller line, because she had an elf sculpt I really liked.

4. While I could afford to get in on this final order period, I'm a little up in the air on it as I didn't intend to purchase a doll right now and I was thinking of getting the doll either at/around Xmas or even into the new year. I've already made my planned purchase with SoulDoll near the end of their summer sale. *sigh* I really like the Meissa sculpt and always have. Just... I dunno if I should pull the trigger or not.

5. Add me to the ranks of people who can't string a large doll-- my hands just can't do it. @vermont chick, I agree that it seems like there's a vogue right now for mature minis. I can't begin to guess the reasons for pulling the 1/4 dolls now, but it's a shame in any case. I'm glad I managed to snag the one I did, but bummed out that I won't be able to add any more. Her sculpts are so unique.

@Iron_Dog, Meissa is an amazing sculpt! It just depends on how much you're willing to gamble on running across one in the wild later, I guess, and whether the second-hand price may go up now that it's discontinued. I can understand the hesitation; they're pretty but ~$400 is a big chunk of money to throw down unexpectedly.

6. Because I'm Canadian and our dollar both blows and sucks in the unfun way, my cost would be at least $450CAN before shipping *winces*. For reference, I'd be getting him in WS and blank.

I also have several dolls that require face-ups and if I got this guy, he'd need a face-up as well. I can just hear the money jingling out of my wallet....

7. I agree with your reasoning, too. Iplehouse is another favorite for me so if and when, that's where I'll be looking. Wishing you a magic breeze carrying doll riches.

8. With this being Lumedoll's last order period for her minis, I'm finally going to get the Mira I've been wanting. I'm trying to choose between peach and tan skin, but I'm having a hard time finding good reference pictures that aren't from photobucket (and therefore inaccessible). Can anyone post pictures of their peach and/or tan Lumedolls?

9. Here's a Tyl in Tan. More photos can be seen on my Insta

[​IMG]

#189 kiwae, Sep 25, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    10. @kiwae - Interesting photos. In case you are not aware, we are allowed only one photo per post in the discussion threads. Multiple photos like these belong in the photo galleries, or else you can link to your Instagram or other photo source.

11. Okay thanks, I'll edit that post!

12. It's too bad that she is discontinuing them, it is so hard to find actual mature minis and hers were so lovely! I've never tried restringing a SD but that's because their size is kinda intimidating to me. They'd literally be a 3rd of my height cuz I'm super short.

13. Yes, it's sad Eva is discontinue these, but she did same with the SD13 and Vega. Her new project could be great, tinies are very popular. Interested in seeing what she creates.

14. Take a look at Raccoon Doll. Raccoon has just released his first male mature mini. (Not quite so mini, however, as he is a whopping 51.5 cm tall.)

I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with tinies, too.

15. Ohhh, a new in-between sized boy? I must go investigate this....

I'm really glad I got the 2 tiny boys that I did. 2nd hand is almost always a thing or dolls. It's actually how I got my guys. Of course, once a doll (or line) is discontinued, finding them becomes challenging but it is still doable if you're patient and persistent. I've been toying with the idea recently of posting a WTB on a FB group I belong to for a doll that's OT for DoA because it still haunts me that I was unable to buy him when Eva did the last pre-order for him *sighs*. Its entirely possible to find that one that got away as I managed to find one of my grails here on the MP just recently. There were only 100 of him produced and I needed him in grey and I finally have him. Fine, it was 7 years in the happening but it did eventually happen.

16. I regret not getting her tiny one with horns. Moon or Io I forgot what name was. Cutest little thing ever. I am excited to see what she makes for her new project.

17. I believe that was Io. And yes, he was adorable. I'm curious about the sort of direction she's going to be taking next. I'd love to see some 50-ish cm boys from her. There needs to be more of them around.

18. Hello all! I just grabbed a Tyl that was in stock but I am putting him on layaway. I've been wanting him for ages so I had to be sure to grab him. I did not realize they were being discontinued T_T but at least I'm getting my Tyl. He will be my second Lumedoll. The first is the cute little Io <3

19. Congrats @LuckyXIII ! She had 4 dolls for sale. I wonder if any of the others have sold? (I haven't looked today.) Good that she's allowing layaway.

20. They're still listed on the site...

I'm safe as the one I'd be interested in (Meissa boy) isn't list as in-stock.