1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lumedoll Mature Mini discussion Part 1

Nov 10, 2011

1. Hey, I've seen a few people ask this already, but it doesn't look like there's been any responses addressing it. What are the neck measurements for these minis?
      I absolutely adore the sculpts and Kwan is almost perfect for one of my characters, but the minis are unfortunately too short. Compared with the other characters I'm shelling (who I've found perfect dolls for so I can't really shuffle things around there) I need to get my guy somewhere in the low 50cm range? Between 50 and 55, he can't be any taller than 60cm at the max, and any lower than 50 will end up looking off unfortunately. As such im considering hybriding a Kwan head into the souldoll Vito male body (literally the only male body I've found in the height range im looking for, why must my entire doll shopping experience be absurdly difficult?) but I'm having a very hard time determining if it's doable at all, in measurements or proportions.
      If possible can someone grab a mini neck measurement for me? It would help a ton. And it would be absolutely amazing if someone just so happened to have a mini and a souldoll Vito so I could get some comparative pictures to see if the proportions can be managed.
      Thanks so much!

2. @fairithilien I notice the neck measurement question has been asked several times already--and never got an answer. I have a Lume guy ordered at end of February, but heaven knows when he will arrive. I also have a Vito guy on order since early February. I can take photos/measurements when they arrive if no one has coughed up the information by then.

3. Have you reached out to the artist? I've worked with her a couple times and was responsive and super to work with...

Wish I could help otherwise but I only own her discontinued 1/6 line.

4. That would be absolutely amazing! I won't be able to get this doll put together for a long time but having the comparison would be incredibly helpful to my planning! Thank you! I hope your dolls get to you swiftly and safely. :)

5. I haven't yet, I prefer to get my questions answered by owners before I approach the artists, and since there's a thread about the mature minis I thought this would be the place to ask it.

6. @fairithilien Totally makes sense...thank goodness for the threads! I'm the same way.... Just thought I'd add my own experience with Eva as an option. I know how it is to have a bit of info lingering that seems to get over looked in slower threads. Kwan is wonderful, so I'm sure someone will pipe up soon enough. :3nodding:

7. Which portion of the neck to you want measured - the circumference of the thinnest or thickest point? I should be able to measure mine tonight.

8. Thank you!
      I just want to see if the head is modable so top of the neck/inside of the neck hole would be amazing if you can! Thanks!

9. By a very strange coincidence, my Lumedoll Meissa (male) shipped today. Estimated arrival date is Monday the 18th. :dance Hoping for good weather next week so I can do his face-up.

10. Still no sign of my Vito but my Lumedoll Meissa elf is here. I didn't measure inside the neck hole while I had him apart, but the outside neck measurement where his head sits is roughly 8cm. There doesn't seem to be much room for modding inside the head. You can see the fit from the profile shot below. (I have another photo of the inside of the head, but I'll have to post it later. We're only allowed one photo per post.) The Lumedoll face is almost flat. There is so little room inside the head that the S-hook is placed sideways. The rest of the head cavity is filled by the tail ends of elastic. Judging by how it fits its own body, a Lumedoll head is going to look extremely small on top of a Vito body.
      [​IMG]

11. Darn. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Id still love to see the hybrid picture when you're Vito gets here if you're still willing. Thank you so much! Congrats on your awesome new doll! Lumedoll are all really gorgeous.

12. Just for grins, here is the inside of the Lumedoll head. I pulled out the coiled elastic to see how things were arranged in there.
      [​IMG]
      The hole the elastic passes through is very small. I've never seen a bjd with the S-hook in sideways before.

I'll try the head on my Vito when he comes.

13. Here is my male Meissa with a face-up. I'm not 100% in love with it, so he'll probably get a do-over one of these days. He's wearing clothing by Iplehouse for JID boys. The waist is too big, but I was able to tighten the laces on the sides so at least his pants don't fall down. I must have loosened him when I removed his head for painting, because now he won't stand without a doll stand.
      [​IMG]

14. Revitalizing the thread as I am not only getting a Lumedoll MSD Tyl, but also a Lumedoll Vega. So big and small guys. I have been reading the entire thread to see about clothes for the Tyl, I already have a small guy, Bishonen House Steve so will try his clothes on Tyl to see what works and what doesn't. I found great ankle boots and long high top riding boots on Facets by Marcia. So if they fit the Lumedoll guy, will order more. Should be quite the difference between the two.

15. Editing this as I sold one of my guys. ( 3/8/2017 ) I am now down to 3 with another guy arriving end of this month I am hoping. I will try and not delete photos in future that I had posted in a thread.

#95 animemom, Nov 11, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    16. Congrats @animemom - I can't wait to see him with a face-up! Are you painting him yourself or sending him out?

I ended up painting my guy myself. Now that he finally has an elf wig and outfit, he's looking much better. I'll be interested to hear what you've found to fit yours. I ended up sewing for my guy. His body was bigger than I thought it was, even though the head is small. I need to take new photos, which I hope to do at tomorrow's meet-up.

17. My daughter in law is doing face up. She is redmaiko here on DOA. I will share all information when I post new photos.

18. Can I ask where you found his shoes? I am having a hard time finding shoes that will not look huge on my Tyl guy.

19. He's borrowing them from my Iplehouse JID boys. The shoes are on the large size, so he needs socks with them. (JID boy feet measure 6.5cm, while LumeDoll boy feet are 5.8cm.) I currently have him in a pair of Dollmore boots for MSD. They are also big, even though the Dollmore Kid foot is only 2cm bigger than his.

20. Thanks, I am hoping I can get to a meet up soon. Where hopefully MSD sized shoes for sale to try on him. Hugs, Marie

#100 animemom, Nov 17, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 18, 2016