1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lumedoll Moon 20cm Line (Lunar, Luna Dionne, Io)

Sep 23, 2010

1. I did the same as you, also after seeing Stella Maris's lovely girl. And also because of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe where C. S. Lewis said that Mr Tumnus (a faun) had reddish-brown skin -- and I figured he should know.

2. Has anyone's Io, Luna, Lunar, Dionne arrived yet? My boy is in British customs causing who-knows-what havoc. I don't think British customs is used to the wild ways of fauns.

3. I'm crossing my fingers for you that he'll be released from customs quickly!

Our local customs office is completely used to BJDs by now -- we have a small BJD store (for off-topic BJDs, though), so we're getting boxes full of dolls all the time. The customs guys have even started commenting on which ones they like better. When I come in, they usually say something like: "Come in, sit down, have a cup of tea, I'll go get the dolls" before I've even said anything.

4. Thanks, Keladry!

How funny! My first bjd was delivered the other day. The delivery guy said, "It's a doll." stares at parcel Then incredulous, "From Korea."

On another topic (a wrong topic for this thread) I've just looked at your doll family, Keladry, and I think I've fallen for one of your dolls!

5. [​IMG]

Here is my lovely boy, arrived two days ago. He's gorgeous. Suntan flesh realskin. Beautiful eyes as you see. (Though I'm thinking maybe brown would be nice.)

I want to take some more photos, but high winds, strong winter sunshine and my limited photography skills are making that difficult.

6. Oh my god he is so beautiful, I am completely falling for him! I need one!!

7. Ah he is gorgeous. Eva says my boy will ship this Friday. I cant wait after seeing yours! He is suntan RS as well. What size eyes are you using?

8. Oooh he's a cutie!!!!!!!!!! I second the eyeball size question.

9. I cant wait to tweak those ears! Whoo hooooooo

10. Ah ha ha imajica, I can't wait to paint those horns gold. With sparkles.

11. LOL now that doesnt sound like you!! Do you know when yours will ship? Is she still going to be a she?

I need to start listening to names for him. I have a pair of pants. I think this doll will travel light .. hope so!

12. He is, isn't he? Hugs self with glee. Thanks for compliments, guys.

Er, they're the eyes Eva gave him, so whatever it says on the website. He looks fabulous with them, but I can't help feeling he somehow "ought" to have brown eyes. The resin is beautiful -- it has a glow to it and a depth. It's not as dark as I was expecting considering it was the darkest resin available, but it is absolutely gorgeous. I've emailed Eva to ask if I can order extra hands for him next realskin period. He hasn't a stitch to wear. There seem to be an awful lot of naked dolls round here...

sewing as fast as I can....

13. My little darling boy is on his way home. I love watching the tracking. So exciting. He should be here by end of next week. I just cant wait . More spam would be appreciated those who already have theirs.

14. Oh boy imajica, that means my little one should be up pretty soon!
      I still think it's a she, of course I'll wait until she (!) gets here.

15. Does anyone know what size wig these cuties wear? The site says Io's head is 13cm, and that's smaller than my Petite Ai, who wears a 6-7, but maybe not enough smaller to make a difference. Also, is that including Io's horns or not?

16. Ordered mine, yey !! I chose urethane light pink as a skin color, as real skin seems a little too...real for me! :lol:
      And also because I am totally in love with Wicklow, he's the first Io I saw and still my favorite! :aheartbea

17. I think 6-7 may be right, but the horns may impede any wig application. What type wig were you wanting thessalyrose?
      koxinel, congratulations! I assume you got an IO.
      Those poor other lil ones are going to get a complex!

18. Actually, I'm making a head wreath for someone else's Io. I was just wondering if I could use my Petite Ai as a model. He wears a 6-7, I think, but his head seems to measure a little larger than Io's. Thank you for the input!

19. Yup, sorry, I forgot to mention that! But he is indeed the star around here so we tend to forget about the others...
      And for the story, I was actually saving to buy a second pukifee, my zoe wanting a new sister, so now I'll have to tell her she'll have a brother instead (for me he is definitely a he).
      Anyway, thanks for the congrats Stella Maris!
      I'll keep you all posted!

20. Lol that would me my IO!! Fancy meeting you here! I thought I recognised the wings. My guy is still hanging in customs apparently so I cant take better measurements yet. Winternight has one already , I could ask her for more accurate measurements if you would like?

It was 2 weeks today he was posted. He took 9 days to get to Australia and has now been sitting in customs for 5 days. I have NO idea why they are so fascinated by him. Usually things sail on through , this is the longest I have ever had to wait for someone to get their hooved butt to me.