1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LUTS Christmas Event

Dec 5, 2005

1. I was so happy when I saw SporkNinja's BW Juri because it confirmed for me that they existed. I really wish there could be a tan one. heh.... Or that tan bodies would become an optional part. That would rock! Ah well. Can't wait for her to come home.

2. Since I've heard that the tanning process is difficult and only 1 of 5 will actually turn out correctly, I'm sure making tan bodies would be more expensive as well. It would be nice for them to offer it, but it sounds like such a procedure! I'm lucky to prefer the normal and BW tones so I don't have to worry about the Tan editions, but I certainly feel for those who want the skin tone options!

I know there are a few DoA members that have changed their darling's skin tones, perhaps someone will be brave enough to tan the Juri themselves? :D

3. Donn said that darker colored resin doesn't always set evently (the color) so the tanning isn't very easy to get looking right. Something about the tempurature of the curing resin effecting the color.

4. I would really appreciate if you could do that. I ordered a face-up so I'm excited to see what she might look like, thought I don't know what skin tone I'm getting. I'm working up my nerve to buy a blank head and do my own painting. I painted ceramics from 6th grade to 12th including some LLadro like ladies, but for some reason I'm not ready to try painint a doll yet.

5. Hey guys, just wanted to reassure a lot of you!

I placed an order on the 10th and paid for it on the 11th. I paid through Paypal, adding $50 to my order for make-up on the X-mas head. Later that day, I got an e-mail from Sean confirming my payment for my order AND make-up on the Juri head.

So in short, they're not running out of heads. ^_^;;

I believe the deal is that they're only making as many heads as there are orders $470+. So basically, as long as you order before the 25th and pay before the 25th, you'll definitely get the head.

If anyone's curious, I'll post pictures of my painted head once I get it. :3

Hope I was of some help~

6. I really want to see pictures of a painted head.

7. Here is my head that I modded a bit and painted, she's going to be a redhead and she needs bigger green eyes but this will do for now. Her lips are plumish (they really need more gloss x.x) and her eyeshadow is tan and mauve. She's a Elven Ranger (I think...) and I pierced one ear. I may redo her lips later on and she needs a different wig. (note it was dark so they picture isn't the best)

[​IMG]

she still doesn't have a name x.x

8. Oh some really nice Juris are popping up all over DOA. It makes me smile.

On another note, has anybody gotten their tan El home? I would like to see owner pictures.

9. I think Kauket's the only one with a tan El home so far. I know there's a thread for him in the gallery forum.

10. Here's my Juri girl, fully painted now and with one ear pierced:

[​IMG]

There are more pics of her here in the Gallery.

11. I just got mine and I will be posting pictures on the Juri photothread as well as my own.

12. She is GORGEOUS Arkady! Excellent job. I paid for a face-up on my Juri head and Doogi told me I was going to "wait awhile." So anyone else who asked for make-up should plan on a wait too. I'm guessing I won't see her or the Mini Fee Soo I ordered to get Juri until the new year. More time to find room for them :) BTW, where did people find out the event head was called Juri? I started using it because other people here were calling her that. Looking at gallery pictures, she reminds me of Soony more then Lishe.

13. They explained her name in the Christmas Event post on their notice board ^^

14. *waits for tanned el*

oh well :D happy holidays

and yeah i want mine to be sesshomaru :D i wodner if i can pull that off... :(

15. She looks very pretty! May I ask what you modded on her?

16. Had my "star" make-up mystery solved. I got an email from Sean saying Juri would be painted to look like the picture on their website since I requested a face-up done. Yeah! I LOVE the way she looks in that picture!!

17. oh I sounded down the puffyness under here eyes, redid her eyeshape just a bit, canded down her cheeks slightly. I'm going to take a better picture of her.

18. That's what I thought, too. On first glance, it seemed as if they were releasing a Soony Elf. She has Lishe's eyes, though.

Can't wait to see more Juri's :) The few here are gorgeous!

19. OMG. I wonder if it's not too late to add the makeup on? I paid for my order on the 10th... I was going to paint her myself, but I loooove that makeup.

20. I got mine yesterday! She normal skin too, what Mum was hopeing for!:)
      She was ment to wait till x-mas to get her, but she ran off with her as soon as she got home from work!:lol:

Charlie*^_^*