1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Cutie Delf Discussion part 1

Feb 17, 2005

1. Hi, i'm taking the plunge and this will be my first Asian ball jointed doll. I have fallen in love with Cory and I was given some $$$ as an anniversary present :D

I see there is a choice of one or two face-ups and I only want the open eyed head done.

I would like Cory to look as much like the one shown as possible but that does not seem to be an option(???)

I will be very grateful if you will help me be as clear as possible with this order. I don't want to mess up! :? Thank you, annie

2. you could e.mail Sean form Luts when you order , or before you order

Cory is lovely ...so lovely my Mother ran off with my :grin:
      its her favorite ball joint doll

3. you tell them you want him to look as close as possible to the picture they have of him and they will do their best. He is a cutie.

4. Hello everyone, I just joined Den of Angels but am hugely looking forward
      to meeting new people! I have very recently ordered my first doll, a Luts Cutie,
      Cory Model and am beyond excited about him coming.
      I was wondering firstly, does anyone know of glasses that fit Cutie? I'm desperately
      seeking large square ones so any help would be appreciated greatly!
      Secondly, for UK residents, did you have to pay customs when your doll arrived?
      If so, how much? As I'm quite worried he'll turn up and I'll have no cash to pay for
      him! Finally, does anyone have tips on where I could buy furniture that would fit Cutie Delfs?

Thanks!

-Ann

5. Hello Fellow UK person! *waves from up in Scotland* Welcome to the board :) I bought my doll from someone else in the UK so I couldn't tell you about customs but the person I bought it from has lots of dolls and told me that when I ordered my Soony from Luts I was unlikely to get charged custom tax, however that may not be the case for you so sorry if I'm wrong! I couldn't tell you about glasses, they seem pretty hard to find, furniture might be easier - try hobby shops and toy shops, you're bound to find something.

Just out of interest how did you go about paying for your doll? Is it easy or difficult *doesn't want to mess it up when she buys from luts* and how much was shipping to the UK? Thanks :) Don't forget to post loads of pics of your boy when he arrives :D

6. Hi sweetie Im UK too
      the Cutie is a fab tiny ...I have a Cory ...well my Mom has , she ran off with him
      its her favorite doll
      I had to pay customs on mine ..about £60 .
      :(

but he was bought on the secondary
      . the previous owner sent him fully insured
      if you have ordered from Luts , you most likely wont get charges as they ship undervalued

which is a god send for our country , Customs are particullaly evel to me ,I get hit every time :(

I have web site address for a company in the UK that make furniture ,I will see if I can find it for you

7. Hi teddybay-o and helo up there! Hope it's not too cold, it's cold here :|
      Ahh, I do hope I don't have to pay a lot of customs! I shall ask luts to mark
      it as a gift. Yes glasses do seem to be hard to find ;_; maybe I'll just make
      him some! I paid for my doll via credit card through paypal! They recieved
      my payment and accepted it the same day(I happened to order during
      working hours, time difference is hard @_o) but, my shipping was $45.
      But I did order 9 extra items with my doll, so maybe yours will be less than
      mine? But I don't think $45 is too bad! I've been charged a lot more for buying
      clothes from America >|. But I promise to take a ton of photos of him and post them here :D

Hi to you too Tinybear! I've seen your cutie and I think he's gorgeous! I can see
      why your mum ran off with him xD(my mum wants to make my cutie a ton of clothes
      which I of course don't mind). I've also seen your Leeke and Petite Ai(one of my personal favourites next to the cutie) and gosh! You have *such* beautiful tinies, they're enviable! I've also seen the clothes you make, and they're all so adorable.
      Customs are evil :| they always charge me a lot of
      money for most things I buy outside the UK, hopefully they will not charge me on my doll! Thank you for taking the time to look for websites for me :grin:

Hello to both of you :grin: :grin: and hope to talk more very soon. Have either of you been to a meetup?

Thanks for your help~

-Ann x

8. Woohoo! That's cheaper shipping than I thought! Well I plan to get a full size doll so it might be more, but then again it might be the same as you ordered lots of extras? We'll see. Good to know it will be around $50 :)

I was worrying about payment because on the site it says you can pay by giving your card details through e-mail or wire transfer but doesn't mention paypal. Thankfully life is easier due to paypal :D

I've never been to a meet-up, not been in the hobby that long but also there's a general lack of meetups up here. I might hop on a megabus to london one day for a meet-up yet! lol (cheapest option is the best - more money for future dolls :p) I really want to go to a meet up actually, and my boyfriend does to - to see if all the doll folk are 'just like me' (i.e get excited when i go to luts and show him the dolls) :D I'll try and convince him to drive me down one day lol. Good luck with the glasses and furniture!

9. Yea :D I'm sure it'll be around $50, I know what yo umean about people thinking you're crazy! A lot of my friends think spending so much on a doll is a crazy idea. I think the option to pay via paypal is on the third page, it worked fine for me :D.
      Ahh, it must be hard and expensive to make a meet up in scottland! I hope we both make it to a meetup one day though :D It's been a week and a bit since I ordered my doll and I'm already impatient xD dear me.

10. Hehe. The worst part is, it won't be the only doll, you'll just want more and more and more. But in a way, that's also the best part :D Its better than slowly throwing away money on sweets and useless junk you don't need. And if for some reason you ever got bored of your dolls :cry: they don't decrease in value, so you're never loosing out. :) You just can't lose lol

As far as what I've heard from Luts they are very quick with shipping, its probably slowed due to the christmas period but I don't think your doll will take too much longer to reach you :D :D

And, as I forgot to mentioo it before, yes it is absolutely freezing up here :| lol

11. haha I just saw on the news if your toes are cold you're more likely to get a runny nose! How curious.
      I do agree it will be addictive ;_; but I just think, oh I can buy a doll and not blow all my money on video games. I'm thinking I would very much like a Seredipity Ismy Boy, or a El Shiwoo. My friend has a gorgeous Serendipty girl ;_; who I'm in love with, but I think my next will probably be a full boy. I have around £150 saved for him! :D But I fell in love with the Cory Model instantly, so I hope it'll happen again to me sometime soon xD

12. I've asked for all the video games I'm wanting for christmas and plan to use all my money (not spent on christmas presents) to buy dolls :D.

I've got around £115 but i have a few more presents to get so I decided 70% of all my money will now be my doll fund :D

Just got word from Sean on the Luts Q & A board - shipping for Soony will be around $55-$60 Which isn't too bad.

Me feet are always cold :roll: Because basically, Scotland is always cold. When poor Delphi arrived on my doorstep around september her resin was like superchilled! Even under all her cushions! :o

13. Gosh that *is* cold! Your poor doll ;_; I hope my doll doesn't arrive and is very cold :| I doubt he'd like that. Have you thought about what your Soony will be called? or what she will be like in personality?

14. I know she's going to be artistic, loving bright colours and I've commissioned a dreadlock wig for her in pinks and purples and a few yellows and greens here and there. Her boots, once i buy them, will be blue and green. She'll be very natural, loving nature and beauty, so I can have lots of photostories in the garden. She'll also be very maternal, thus my plan to eventually get a petite uriel as her daughter lol. I have NO idea what to call her :?

How about you? What's your little boy gonna be like?

15. Omfg :o a dread wig for dollfies! that's so gorgeous! I personally make dreadlock extensions <3 so I have black, pink and blue dreads in with plastic and foam stars and butterflies. She sounds so adorable! <3 What is your other doll like? :D

My cutie will be called Michael. He's based on a character I already had, who is 16, but the cutie reminded me exactly of how I saw Michael as a child. He's going to be going on 8 years old but I haven't deciced what his birthday will be yet. He's going to be very shy, and won't like to talk to strangers. He'll mainly talk to his teddy bear Puddle, who he found in a puddle(this happened to me xD and I decided it was perfect for him) but doesn't think he belongs to him. He'll attend a private school(so I guess I'm just like temporary care for him aha xD). He'll like to have little adventures, and is very inquisitive and likes to learn. I know a lot about how he turns out to be when he grows up, so it'll be fun discovering this side of him :D.

16. I'm buying a Cutie Delf Mary, but now I'm wondering if it's possible to do the make up myself... It feels horribly expensive to me to pay $50 for it...

Is it possible to do yourself, or is her face to small?

17. You could always try to do it yourself and if you don't like the way she turns out, have a DOA customizer redo her faceup. :daisy

18. I've done mine and she wasn't too small. It's easy enough to remove if you aren't happy. The pocket fairies are really tiny, but I found Mary fairly easy. I would have a go and see how you get on.

19. Do the boy and the girl have different bodies? Or are they the same? I know Luts has the cutie delf body up in their option parts, but it doesn't specify a sex. Thanks!

20. I believe they are the same, but I could be wrong.