1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. Hi ! I hope this is the right thread to post my question !!
      I have a SD65 boy, and I've considered buying him pants from ACBJD. I've looked at the measurements from the website, and you can either choose 1/3 size which is slightly smaller than my SD65, or the 70cm size which is bigger ! Has anyone ever bought pants from this website ? I don't know which one to choose.
      Thank you !

2. I have been a fan of the Claus sculpt since he released and my baby finally arrived last week! I fell in love and knew I wanted it to be my first bjd.
      I have named him Coran. I am still waiting on a wig, but since the one I ordered is coming from China it will be a while before it and his proper clothes get here.
      I hope I can replicate this pose when it does, it's my favourite picture I was able to take of him.
      [​IMG]

3. There's a new senior delf girl named Niya if anyone hasn't seen her. lutsdoll co.,ltd. I think she's very cute. There's a new senior65 boy named Sienna as well, but I suppose he's better suited for the senior65 thread. They'll be available starting the 28th.

4. Joining this thread since I just put in an order for a senior type 4 boy body to go with the event head! I don’t have much in the way of clothing for him just yet. Will Volks SD13 boy stuff fit okay?

5. I missed this, he D's gorgeous!

6. My My Choice 'Delf Boy' WINE arrived on the 30th of May, but I held off on sharing him; for, his clothes just arrived today (since LUTS had shipped him out very early). Here is my Vincent. :whee:

(I apologize for the awkward pose. It was exhausting dressing this boy, so I let his arms bend the way they wanted~ he is definitely heavy, and tightly strung. :sweat)

[​IMG]

Not entirely the look I was going for--the black wig I bought for him was too small, so he is wearing another one I had lying around--but I suppose it works for now. :roll:

7. He's really cute. That wig looks great, but I'm sure black will too :D

8. Thank you! :aheartbea

9. I finally gave my Yeon her faceup. It's my first time doing one so it's definitely not perfect. I'd like to redo it in the future, but for now it will do.
      [​IMG]
      I kept adding blush since it wasn't showing up at all in pictures and wound up blushing her so much her head no longer matches her neck so I'll need to body blush her at some point. She definitely looks more purple after the faceup. I've been thinking about getting her a lavender kid delf sister.

I'd love to see more pictures if you have any, @Snow White. He's really lovely.

10. She's beautiful! :blush I don't really see a difference between her face and neck, but maybe my computer lighting isn't picking it up~ A lavender kid delf sister would be lovely! You should go for it! The lavender skin is gorgeous! :aheartbea

And, thank you! I'll try to find the time to take some more photos of him today. :whee:

11. I also don't see a difference in color. She's adorable! Great job!

12. Here's a close up of my WINE, Vincent. :blush

[​IMG]

I'm still trying to get use to the color of the wig--it's very light. I'm really disappointed that the wig I bought for him didn't fit... Now I have to buy another one... and it will surely take some time to arrive, since it will be combined with a doll order. :|

13. He's so pretty. The faceup is gorgeous. Luts did a great job. He looks nice in that wig, but black would contrast nicely with his pale skin. I'm glad the difference between Yeon's face and neck isn't too obvious.
      [​IMG]
      I got her dressed in her kimono which took forever and a half. She's going to have to stay in it a while after all that work. I'm tempted to get her a new wig. I like the black a lot, but I think one of the dark blue or red wigs that Luts sells might also be nice.

14. I apologize for the late response, but I was super busy. Thank you so much! I have a black wig on shipping. Once it arrives, I'll be sure to share a photo of Vincent in it.

Your Yeon looks even more gorgeous in the kimono. I find the black lovely, but I'm sure a dark blue or red wig would look just as lovely. :blush

15. Everyone's new dolls are lovely! I hope no one minds me reviving this thread. I recently took a new picture of my Ann, Siduri and wanted to share.

[​IMG]

16. Super cute! I love her dress. It's very summery. I got my Yeon a red wig. I don't know that I'm feeling it, but I'll have her wear it for a while to see if I change my mind. I think part of the issue is that it clashes with her lipstick.
      [​IMG]
      I also dug up something interesting. I found out that the kid delf Yeondu sculpt is an old Custom House sculpt which had me thinking that Yeon must also be a Custom House sculpt since they look alike. After a lot of looking I think she's the Sia sculpt. They don't look exactly alike, more like 90% alike. I think the Custom House molds must have been in bad shape when Luts got them since a lot of the Luts version of the CH molds look a little different. They probably had to do some touch ups to get the molds usable. It makes me wonder what other sculpts are secretly CH sculpts

17. I think Luts is pretty transparent about which molds are Custom House molds. Luts Yeondu is the Custom House Yeondu mold. Luts Sariel is the Custom House Sariel mold. Luts Yuriel is the Custom House Yuriel mold. So far I haven't seen them change any of the doll names, so I don't think any sculpts are "secretly" CH customs -- Luts is really not making it secret.

In fact, for several dolls, Luts lists on the sales page which sculpts were formerly Custom House / Aidolls. See Ren for example:
      lutsdoll co.,ltd.

Clearly labeled: "Kid Delf REN is the same as Custom House REN, RENA" Nothing secret about that!!

Yeon is definitely not the Sia sculpt, imho, not even a modified Sia sculpt. The eye shape is entirely wrong, the cheeks are too chubby, she's missing the distinctive CH nose, the lips are wrong, etc.

I think the Luts versions of Custom House dolls just look so different because face-up styles and techniques, along with photography, have changed drastically over the last 15 years. But I used to own a Yeondu, and the Luts Yeondu doesn't look changed one bit to me. Even comparing my old photos to the new Luts ones, they look identical.

Plus, Look at this old announcement for Luts -- they're super-transparent about which dolls were CH dolls, and they state in plain terms "Face mold is not changed":
      lutsdoll co.,ltd.

18. I'm not trying to say that Luts is purposefully hiding which dolls are from CH, as yes, many of the dolls' listings say so, but not all of them do. Yeondu and Yeonu have nothing mentioning them being CH sculpts so I was surprised to find out they were. I'm sure Luts didn't purposefully leave that out. I don't personally feel like it's obvious which exact CH dolls are which Luts dolls. I'm incredibly new to CH and trying to track down information on some of their dolls hasn't been super easy. They used different names for all of their lines even for the heads that were meant to look alike while Luts uses the same name for all sculpts that look alike, like Hani, Hanael and Darea all being called Hanael. It's definitely more convenient that way, but makes it difficult to figure out the CH name. To me this made it seem more reasonable that Yeon might be from CH. I did try to look over the announcements from when Luts acquired the molds, but all I found were dead links. I didn't mean so much that Luts was secretly pulling one over on us but more that there might be other sculpts from CH that might not be immediately obvious. I'm simply curious about if this is the case. Some people on one of the CH threads thought that some of the event heads might be CH heads.

Since Yeon and Yeondu look alike to me and their names being similar it seemed reasonable to think that Yeon might also be a CH mold, and I spent quite a while looking at all the ai dolls to see if any were similar. To me Sia seemed the closet. I was able to find a few good pictures of Sia with faceups and comparing them to my Yeon with a faceup I do feel that they are similar. Sia's eyes are taller and less wide, but they're similar shapes. Their profiles also seem similar. I'm not able to compare the two side by side without faceups which would make any differences stand out more. I do feel that Yeon looks at least a little Custom House-y even if it wasn't intentional. Granted this is all my speculation. I'm not trying to call Luts a liar, and all I'm saying is that to me Sia and Yeon look a bit alike.

19. Luts is definitely changing the sculpts a little, more than just faceup. I have two CH Hyuns both with custom faceups and can say with certainty that the Hyun from Luts is inspired by, but different than the CH version. Cyn is also very clearly different than he was when sold by CH. HOWEVER you can see some similarities.

That said, I don't believe Yeon is Sia. I currently have four CH dolls and have had one other as well and my best friend @Zavrinas has a Sia. Having seen Sia in person and in many pics over the years the differences are too many. Plus I don't think Luts would have changed the name.

20. Agreeing with @malvinas that yeon is not Sia. As soon as I saw her I knew she wasn't. Cause I've been waiting for them to bring back the sculpts too. Anyway, here's a picture of Henna (CH Sia) with an older faceup next to Luts Yeon. The cheeks look chubbier and more squared to me, the chin is slightly wider, the eyes are different shaped and the nose is a nose. Lol it's a pretty generic nose that I've seen on a lot of dolls so I can't say it's unique like on some sculpts. But, having had Sia since 2011 I do not believe that is Sia. And I belive that all the customhouse dolls that have been released by Luts have their original CustomHouse name. I don't believe that they wouldn't do the same for any future releases.

[​IMG]

#520 Zavrinas, Jul 4, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2020