1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. LOL, glad you're here @Dollquest :D I hope you'll share pictures when she arrives.

Speaking of pictures, has anyone else ever gotten an Isabella? I've seen so few of them around and I'd love to know if anyone around here has one as well?

2. If I can figure out how to share pictures, I absolutely will. In the meantime, I will just enjoy everyone else's. I should have a few months before she arrives to learn.

3. I'm thinking the new type 5 girl body might be good for my luwen, Snow, but I'm wondering do they have the turn key neck and is the resin color close to old delfs? I have no real experience with luts delfs other than my CP Lishe.

4. @SacredMonsoon , no, the new delfs don't have the neck mechanism anymore. Your choices would be a neck donut or a 3d printed neck piece unless you can find one in the market place. I don't know which solution is best, I've only used the 3d printed adapters on Impldoll model bodies, but the head movement was limited. Was it the body? Was it the neck adapter? I don't know. But if you get the delf body, the $2 donut is cheap and might be the better solution. I suspect it is the better solution :)

5. Does Luts ever discontinue sculpts? I mean other than the ones from the split with CP. They have so many and release new ones so quickly that it's hard to keep track of them all. :ablink: I don't remember seeing any discontinuation notices and I'm worried that something I like will suddenly disappear.

6. I know you were looking at the Zaoll body for Snow at one point, which is going to be much more petite than the delf body that Feather has. If that is what you want (a smaller more petite body) you won't like the type 5. It's quite a bit bigger than the original delf girl body. This isn't a great image but I had put Inanna next to the type 5 body when Siduri first arrived and you can kind of tell that the type 5 (in the middle) is quite a bit bigger.

[​IMG]

You can probably also see that the resin match to the old CP resin of Inanna isn't great (granted Inanna is very old being from 2006 and has definitely yellowed with age. Snow probably wouldn't be as dramatic but I do think there would still be a difference.)

7. I think Snow is white, @malvinas @SacredMonsoon ?? How does Luts white match up to FL white if anyone knows? Also, has Luts discontinued the old type III body? If so, that's a bummer, there are many things I liked about the old body, and many things I like about the new body, and I love choice! :(

8. Ahh thank you @malvinas! Yes, definitely too big and too pale. Thank you for the help!

@IngieBee Snow is normal skin, but shes quite peachy with age. Her and Feather are the same shade now.

9. @SacredMonsoon ,I see, well shoot, I just don't know of a smaller body than the Moe line from FL :whee: It's like 54cm no heels. (I wrote 36cm before and thought what???) LOL

#549 IngieBee, Oct 14, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    10. I think the type 3 mature body is still available unless you mean a different one?

11. Oh! Last I looked, I didn't see it, but I'm known to be a terrible airhead, so I'm really happy to hear it, thank you :thumbup

12. Yes, When I bought my Delf - Arwen, I was able to choose between the type 3 and type 5 and that was just a few weeks ago - and I just checked and its still available that way.

13. I received my Delf Arwen today and she is beautiful! She is definitely more substantial than my other 1/3 dolls, so I am going to have to buy/make some larger clothing for her. I'm learning how to pose her and I think I found a good wig for her. I will post a photo below but it doesn't do her justice!

[​IMG]026FC084-D24B-461F-B561-BC40D4FBD828_1_105_c by Jane K, on Flickr

14. Really, @Dollquest ? She is bigger than other SD dolls? I guess I have been playing with a lot of big versions of SDs so much lately, that I keep thinking of delfs as small SDs, LOL Your Arwen is adorable though :D

15. She is heavier and more substantial than the other 2 I have. 1 is a Smart Doll and the other is an ALM. Both of them are thinner. It's funny, because she is a Delf and not a Senior Delf, I actually expected her to be smaller than the other two. I think the Smart Doll is actually a tiny bit taller but much lighter and her waist and hips are much smaller. The ALM is also a lot thinner and is a tiny bit shorter. Arwen is just - solid! I did make some clothing for her today. I will have to make her some jeans because the ones I have that fit the other 2 don't stay snapped. I know there are others that are larger out there. Of course, Ive been playing with my little minifees lately. :lol: This is a whole other ball game!

16. LOL, I just had one of my mnf out last night, and I was like "what is this little thing?" LOL. Yah, I've been messing around with really big dolls lately. I think I went big because it's less intimidating to sew for (I'm just not good at small things, LOL. I must not be as handicapped as I thought with my arthritis, as I find even my feeple65 to be small, but she has a slighter build than my other tall girls :)

17. Heel leg question: I was about to order the heel legs for my Delf Arwen and then I started to consider - 1) How do they attach? 2) Would they be a pain - All my other dolls have heel feet. Most of those attach easily, either through magnets, pegs, or even hooks, but I would think, you would have to have some kind of alternate stringing if you were going to remove that much of the doll's leg and I'm not sure it is worth it for heel shoes, even if they are cute. Why doesn't Luts make heel feet?

18. @Dollquest Are they for the new type5 body? Yup, it looks like it's for the type5. So maybe they string the dolls differently now, but my type5 was bought when they first came out and is strung normally to the ankle where it attaches with a hook on the foot through an ankle ball. Thus, if I wanted the legs, I see no other way than to restring her shorter, so it hooked on the knee. From there, I would have to create another string with probably a small S hook to the knee for switching out. I would think that Luts would string it properly for switching out now a days, if you bought them together. You could always ask.??

Note: it also looks like they are single jointed when you switch to the lower legs. This is probably a good thing, better stability, though I have found my dj type 5 body to be very stable, I really like it :D

19. I know that when I bought my type 5 body, it was possible to also order the heel legs. I have not taken her apart to see how she is strung yet although maybe I could peek. I also love the way she is strung. She is quite sturdy.

20. I agree, she's well strung. I just took a peek, and could see the strings go straight down :) At least on mine @Dollquest