1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. I have type 5. The jeans I have can actually snap but she can't sit down in them. I might look for a pattern and try to alter it.

2. Wait a sec, type 5 has such a small bum?!?!? That's strange that jeans don't fit?!?! Hum... mine wears a dress, I don't think Ihave tight jeans for sd size to try on her :(

3. @IngieBee the type 5 as a whole is larger than the type 3. Some of my pants that my CP Delf girls can wear won't even get up over the type 5 thighs. Even though the bum seems small in proportion to the body the whole body is larger.

4. Wow, I have to remember this! Thanks :D

5. I got my Delf Nina the other day (also on the type 5 body) and really love her.
      Enough that I pretty much spend about two whole free days sewing a Hanfu-Set for her (good thing I planned this from the start, given the latest posts suggests dressing her with bought clothing is a bit tricky?).

[​IMG]Luts Delf Nina by Wildcard_Snowy, on Flickr

6. Man, if you can sew like that, you don't need to worry about fitting, LOL. Congratulations and wow, she looks beautiful in her Hanfu-Set :D @Snowy

7. @IngieBee :blushWow, thanks a lot XD I initially was thinking about getting her something pre-made, so she'd have something to wear until I got to it. Luckily I was inspired right away. I admit this Hanfu is one of my works, that was the most elaborative / work-intense ones I've attempted so far for BJDs and I had a few moments where I wanted to grab everything throw it in a corner and never look upon it again :sweat Luckily I'm also quite stubborn, so unless something entirely fails me, I tend to fight my way through the finishing line.

... I'm rather glad throught, that my next 'to sew for' dolls are all males ^^° So much easier to get the clothes to fit... ^^°

8. @Snowy adorable hanfu. Reminds me of back when I got my delf boy, one of the 1st things I made him was also a fantasy Tang inspired hanfu. I can understand the pain, so much fabric and so much fraying (I used satin, chiffon and brocade), and it wasn't nearly as detailed as yours.

9. @Mew-Lidia9 Thanks a lot! I remember that before I got into the hobby I was already regularly checking Luts out and admired outfits like these there and on a few other webpages, so I can totally relate to getting this kind first <3

Oh yes, exactly! i remembered only when I worked on the belt that I had this iron on thing that was meant to prevent fraying... welk, too late at that point. And while the apricot colored fabric didn’t fray, it was a pain to iron out the wrinkles x.x

10. @Snowy at the moment all 3 my dolls have one, and I'm sure my future dolls will have one too:XD: even if they're a pain to put together, they're just so pretty in the end.
      I've heard of that iron on thing, but never seen it, I've learned to use fabric glue to seal the edges of my fraying fabrics just after I cut them

11. @Mew-Lidia9 and @Snowy they do look absolutely gorgeous, I wish I knew the traditional clothing. Is this Korean?

12. These are hanfu, which is Chinese, I don't know the specific names of specific types of hanfu though. If I remember correctly, one of the traditional Korean clothing styles is a hanbok. I hope that helps:)

13. Yes, I know the word Hanbok, but sometimes there are other names for slightly different traditional dress in other areas :) I love traditional dress, I plan on a lot of traditional clothing for my dolls, mostly European as I know such dress a bit better but one of my dolls must have a Sari, as I want one with a Sari so badly :D And I'll have to research to do other countries. Germany alone has very distinctive dress in all kinds of "lands", which I think are 18th century inventions but fun nonetheless :D

14. @IngieBee & Mew-Lidia9 Here's actually an overview and info on the 'history of hanfu' development (to the point it wasn't a hanfu anymore and developped into the cheongsam)

Mine are mainly based on a mix that is often used in chinese fantasy Wuxia and XiaXia Tv shows / dramas or movies. -^3^-
      I've had a love for Wuxia/XiaXia themed stuff from very young on and am delighted that it now finally gets more popular thanks to a few series and games.

A Sari certainly sounds like a challenge. Thought I think Luts had black and white ones in the past? Unless I'm remembering it wrong...

I'm European, but my mind is failing right now to come up with traditional dress other than the dress of spain flamenco dancers and the german/austrian dress 'Dirndl', wich are rather modern ones. Perhaps you mean stylistic stuff like roccoco and victorian dresses?

15. Aww, so cute.

16. Nah, I mean the dirndl with the silly huge red pompoms in the black forest to the silver chains with tall ships in thee Baltic or the beer maid showing it all in München, LOL Also the chintz dresses still sometimes worn by the Dutch. Hey, this could be a theme. Beatnik in a Parisian cafe all in black stripes, punks in Great Britain, hippies in California nudists for Sweden LOL. Except I'm certain my ideas go into PIC territory, LOL

17. Wow, what an amazingly informative site @Snowy ! I'm gobbling it up :D The Qipaos, or the sexy "modern" Chinese dress we all know an love is over 350 years old?????? I'm stunned! OK, need to make some Chinese clothes now, LOL :D My nephew and his wife had matching hanboks made (they're both called hanbok, no?) for their wedding. His wife is Korean. It's funny because the "in" color that year was pastel peach and it looked so 80's to me, LOL. But beautiful. My nephew loves to wear his :D

18. @Snowy I actually used that same picture for my own reference, the creator of that image is on Deviantart and sometimes has more comprehensive clothing breakdowns. They also have similar pictures of other countries and hairstyles throughout their history.
      Mine are definitely a mix up of various styles, but definitely has a more fantasy feel to it, the main inspiration is the Tang dynasty though. I like xianxia/wuxia quite a bit as well, just a bit hard to find good ones though.

19. @IngieBee Cool right? I wish there were more kinds of clothing style with visual supports of traditional clothing like that.
      Aahahaha, they are so pretty I'm sure your chinese themed outfits will be cool too ^^
      And kinda lol :D Hanbock look rather comfy too. Don't get why either ever got out of fashion for .. 'normal' nowadays clothing...

@Mew-Lidia9 Oooh, that's cool. Where might I find that deviantart creator?

Totally feel you about it being hard to get good stuff. I'm hopefull that with two series being widely popular right now and more incoming, that it will be easier to get more qualitative good ones :3