1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Delf Discussion - thread 2

Jul 16, 2014

1. Approximately. They are interchangeable and you can put any of the senior delf heads on delf bodies and the delf heads on senior delf bodies.

2. Can anyone share a Annemarie? I love her and I'd love to see more of her with the default faceup! :hug:

3. I meant Annamarie lol but yes shes on the site

4. Oh! Is she new or am I blind, LOL. She is a little cutie :)

5. Shes not super new, but i think shes newer than others...but i'm not sure :whee:

6. oh my this thread had fallen really far back! Hope no one minds me bumping it up to share a new picture I took of Siduri, my Ann!

[​IMG]

Every time I take pictures of her I struggle to narrow down which I want to keep and which I don't want to keep. I swear it is impossible to take a bad picture of her!

7. Don’t mind at all - she’s beautiful!

8. Shes so pretty @malvinas! I love seeing her!! :D Does anybody have any more pics to share?

9. I snagged a Delf Nina secondhand and she will be arriving next week! She might even arrive on my birthday depending on how shipping goes. Just when I no longer have any smaller SD, another one happens. I plan to make her my Singapura Sisters. Basically I have 6 identical sister characters that I want to shell as one doll. They all have the same eyes and face but have different fashion preferences and hair styles. So I can dress her depending on which sister I want her to be at the time. Wigs I'm very picky about so I will be making those. The dolly I'm getting has some odd yellowing but I honestly don't mind because there's a very big chance I'll dye parts of her body as well. Overall I'm excited. :D

10. Congrats @Cap'n! Be sure to post pictures once she arrives!

11. I remember posting a little while back but does anyone have a Dan?
      I am REALLY tempted by him, but i kinda wanna get him in tan or one of the special skintones they do on events sometimes.

His little lips and cheeks give me chiwoo feels. I feel if i keep letting him go then i might regret it if they ever discontinue him like the old sculpts!

12. She's so lovely and I bet she looks perfect with your Soony :love

I second the congrats, @Cap'n!

13. Hello. Lurker here

I’m heavily considering a rs brown Delf Arwen on the type 5 body. Does anyone know of any patterns for this body? Knitting, sewing, anything. I can make my own, but it would be nice to get a sense of her size and have some clothes waiting for her.

And are there any “tricks” to these dolls? I’ve heard about pulling the leg down to move it, but anything else?

14. Oh! She's one of my favorite dolls! I have the NS Arwen. I actually wanted the brown one but made a mistake when I ordered. I just love the type 5 body!!! Yes, the pulling down on the leg to straighten it to allow her to stand solidly and also to allow her to sit - She sits sooooooo much better than my F60s! She is a wonderful poser.

For clothing, she is a little bit wider in the hips than SmartDolls so any patterns for them (there are a lot for Smart Dolls) must add just a bit in the hip region (or use smaller seam allowances - or stretchy material). I found patterns for leggings and knit tops for Smart Dolls to work well without adjustments as they use stretchy material. The Type 5 body is a bit longer legged too, so adding a tiny bit in length helps. Her hips are a lot like my FairyLand F60s in size, but again, the Delf type 5 body has slightly longer legs.

I would wait to have the doll before attempting jeans with non-stretch denim or tailored pants because I have always had to make small adjustments for those. I use a jean pattern from Forever Virginia on Etsy for my jeans (She has nice stretchy fabric on Spoonflower to go with the pattern.)

Here is a picture comparison in size between the Delf 5 body and the FairyLand F60s - Arwen is in the middle . An F60 is on the left and an F60 (long leg) is on the right. Arwen is wearing Smart Doll sized tops and all 3 are wearing jeans from the Forever Virginia pattern using her Spoonflower fabric in stretch knit. (If buying fabric from Spoonflower, wait for a sale. - sales are common and much cheaper.)
      [​IMG]0D00F25E-5158-47F3-AF07-F491558F6C5D_1_105_c by Jane K, on Flickr

#635 Dollquest, Mar 18, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    15. Thank you so much! This was really helpful. She looks like the perfect size. I like how you styled yours- that red wig is gorgeous on her.

It’s good to know that they pose well. I was also kind of considering a feeple 60 girl, but didn’t want their posing. And I really want her to be able to stand up.

I’ve eyed smart doll patterns in the past- the free ones Smart Doll released looked intriguing - but never had any excuse to busy try them. All my dolls are msd so nothing would fit. I guess I know what I’d be doing over the wait. And I was wanting more loose clothes, not fitted, so that works out great. I’ll wait to put fastenings on to be safe. Plus I hate putting on fastenings. Last time I said that was 2019 and I still haven’t put those on.

When I first started getting into BJDs, I spent an afternoon scrolling around DDE and Arwen was the one I kept coming back too. I wanted her but wasn’t willing to spend that much. But years later, I got a gift card for my birthday that puts her within my limits. I’m still a little hesitant to spend that much but I’ve been coming back to her for years now.

16. I know what you mean about fastenings! That’s the part I hate as well but I make myself put them on as soon as possible otherwise it might not get done. You could do leggings and a loose top or a dress and underwear. Smart Doll size would be fine for that or SD 13.

17. I never shared my Nina. I need to fix a couple things about her though so she's a bit of a project. She's unevenly yellowed and the inner locking area in her torso, I'm not sure what that area is called but its the extra piece in the hole inside the torso, well it was glued in lopsided so facing forward she looks all kinds of crooked. I had to break it out. :sigh Dunno if that was a Luts thing or prior owner thing (I got her secondhand) but she's only from 2019 and for having this much wrong already I needed to save this poor girl! Limbs may also get dyed but at the very least I plan to add tiger stripes. Possibly add them to her face as well.

Her character is actually 6 in one. I have six identical sisters that all have the same face and eyes so I had the bright idea to shell them all as one doll. I'm going to make her 3-6 different wigs. Each sister has a different style so an excuse for a wide variety of SD clothes. For now she's Yasmin, the more mature of the sisters.
      [​IMG]

#638 Cap'n, Mar 23, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    18. Your Nina is gorgeous Cap'n! That's such a great idea for identical siblings to have them all be one doll ^^

19. Pictures are all so dang gorgeous everyone! Thanks for posting! Does anyone have Isabella?

I never see owner pictures!
      [​IMG]