1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Model Delf 45cm (MDF) mature mini discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2018

1. Nope! The pair he came with were actually pretty nice, but these are two different eyes that I purchased from various places - I think the one in his open eye is from Shrike Aesthetics and the other one is from Curkitty on eBay!

2. @Magnus Vale I love that faceup you gave him, even if it is temporary!!! The scar is so cool. If you end up redoing it I hope you'll post a photo for us to see!

3. @angelangel Aw, thank you so much! I'm probably going to end up keeping this one for at least a little while. I mainly want to redo the eyebrows and fix a little smudging that occurred when sealing, I'm mostly happy with other parts of it. I've definitely improved in the face up department since I first started.

Here's Harley and Milo hanging out together!
      [​IMG]

4. @Magnus Vale - Conrgats!! That resin color is so petty!

5. @Magnus Vale OMG, I just noticed his nails!!! That's way too cute, did you do those yourself? I love his pink & purple colors next to Milo's green & gold. Did you paint him, as well? Lovely dolls, you're making me excited for mine!

6. @Fiishu Thanks! Luts really does make the prettiest fantasy resin!
      @angelangel Yup! I did his nails and the blushing on his hands! I also gave him a bit of a "paw"dicure on his feet!
      [​IMG]

As for Milo, I didn't do his face up, but I did do his body blushing and added the tattoos! The tattoos themselves were premade ones, but I applied and sealed them and cut them to the right sizes, at least! Here's the rest of them, Milo is quite the fun boy to model with!

7. @Magnus Vale Oohhh, his feet are SO cute. That is way too adorable. The blushing looks really nice too, it gives it a lot of dimension!! Milo's blushing looks really nice, too. I'm impressed by how perfectly placed the tattoos are since you applied them yourself-- good job, they look fantastic! :blush

8. @angelangel Thank you so much! It really was fun to do the painting on him! I'm still on the fence whether I'm going to give Harley a tattoo or not to match his lovely partner.

I did end up revisiting his face, mostly to fix the eyebrows which were driving me a bit nuts, and the smudges which weren't really apparent in the picture, but much more in person. I'll get some better pics of him tomorrow, hoping for decent weather!
      [​IMG]

9. @Magnus Vale Oh, the eyebrows look great!!! He's way too cute. Have you given him a personality or a story or anything? What about Milo?

10. @angelangel Thank you! I'm slowly getting better at eyebrows!

And yes, this is one of the few cases where I had the characters made before the dolls! They're both part of my modern fantasy world. Harley is a member of an international peacekeeping force that basically deals with supernatural threats around the globe, mostly monster attacks, natural disasters, and the occasional evil cult. Milo is one of the princes of a small island kingdom who met Harley whilst being rescued from kidnapping by one of said cults. For Harley, it was pretty much love at first sight, and Milo became pretty fond of Harley as well, and ended up joining the force as a strategist.

Harley is energetic, enthusiastic and super friendly, although he does have his awkward moments where he'll rush into things without thinking and second guess himself. Although it bothered him at first, he's trying not to let his sudden case of werewolfitis get him down. Milo is elegant, soft spoken and polite, but has a brutally honest streak and may have a bit of an affinity for pranks.

11. @Magnus Vale Oh my goodness, I love that story, it sounds like so much fun!!! They are so cute!! Milo totally looks like a prince, and Harley being a supernatural agent guy is just soooo cool... I love their personalities, too, they totally fit! Making OCs is so much fun. Do you have other character for that universe that you plan to shell into dolls, as well, or is it just these two?

I ordered my doll to be a character that I've had for a few years, now, too. Her name is Columbine, she's a shut-in gravekeep who can see ghosts, but she kind of ignores them because she would rather be left alone to do the maintenance and gardening at the cemetery in peace, LOL. I've made paper dolls of her in the past because I've always liked putting her in fun outfits, so I thought it might be fun to have an actual, physical doll of her... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had this type of idea!

12. @angelangel My dolls are about 40% characters I wanted to shell, 20% sculpt I like that became a character I had, and 40% just loved the sculpt and came up with the character later. Of my current group, Siegfried, Kristophe, Niko, Marlowe, Ashe, Hiroyuki, Nimuel, Clarinne, Aidrian, and Meta are all characters I wanted to shell. Elliot, Ymir, Orion, Rae, and Zhion are all later decisions. Rune, Hyde, Aeon, Camus, Lysander, Caspian, Canaan, Kaine, and Minato all had characters I came up with later after just loving how their sculpts looked. My Dollzone Mo boy is currently the only one of the group who is still in flux character wise, since I reshelled the character he was representing (Orion).

Your character sounds cool! Can't wait to see what she ends up looking like!

If the weather stays nice and not too hot today, I'm hoping to get some more pics of Harley outside. Pretty boy needs some more better quality photos.

13. @Magnus Vale Awww, rescue romances and body-guard crushes are my favourite romantic tropes! Personally, a little tattoo on Harley would look cool but his claws/paws are already butch, like, why would he need to decorate more? He a tough pup.

14. @A Wee Tiefling You're probably right! I may give him a small bracelet tattoo to match Milo's though, as a romantic thing.

I did manage to get a few pretty pictures outdoors today, although it is hot hot HOT!
      [​IMG]

15. @Magnus Vale Gosh he looks stylish despite the heat! And a bracelet tattoo would look adorable, especially in a complimentary pattern.
      -
      So I'm getting a head and I'm a bit curious, has anyone hybrid an MDF head onto a DV body? I've seen lovely KDF hybrids but the head I'm getting isn't KDF

16. @A Wee Tiefling - I could get you a photo of this (male head on a male body), if by DV you mean dream valley?, sometime this week if you don't mind waiting.

17. @xyuemoto Thanks! It was a good day for photos, heat aside!

@A Wee Tiefling Thanks! I'll probably try to apply the tattoo when it gets a bit cooler. I'd like it to be in black to contrast Milo's gold, I'll have to see what I have available! (And sorry, no idea regarding your question. Harley's my only model delf head boy, since Milo's a MDF/KDF hybrid, and neither of them would resinmatch my dragon DV boy.)

@angelangel The lighting on my "fire escape" was super good today, so I got a nice photo set! That one ended up being my favorite, but I got a bunch of nice ones!

[​IMG]