1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Model Delf 45cm (MDF) mature mini discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2018

1. Finally settled on Bliss in rosy brown on type 2 body + Xylon limited head in white. Diez will probably also be coming home (or at least ordered) by the end of the year. I'm thinking about getting Xylon the kdf 45 body so there's a bit of variation; also because he's probably going to end up being a Peter Pan-type character so I'd prefer younger and more androgynous.

2. @monkeypizzasonic Bliss in Rosy Brown will be absolutely gorgeous!!! Excellent choice ;) I can't wait to see him!

I have a question for MDF collectors as I only have one. I noticed that the sleeping heads for the original lineup of boys (Abadon, Dion, Cian) are all marked as Sold out... :frownyblush: Did they discontinue those? I was going to get a Sleeping head for my Dion boy... but never really "jumped" on it since he was a standard. Or so I thought?!

Now Joel will never sleep :huh?:
      [​IMG]

3. I've been curious about the model delfs for a while, and I fell in love with the rosy brown resin option, so I broke down and ordered a Terra in that color. I've added some clothes to the order, but I know I'll want to dress him up different ways later, so here's a question to all of you: where do you shop for your MDF boys? Is Luts the only company that makes anything that fits them? I was thinking maybe clothing made for the 1/4 sized Dollshe boys might fit... Thoughts?

4. hello :) I've really fallen in love with the model delf Ann, but I'm still really confused because I do not own any dolls yet and there is so much information. I'm really confused about what size doll this is in general, (like 1/4?) the sizing of the clothes, and I'd like to be able to have options for my first doll. I want a doll that is kind of smaller sized to start with, but I don't want a child doll, so I feel like this is a great option for me. I also like that I can buy directly from their website and it isn't too confusing. I was looking at minifee as well but their website doesn't appear to have in stock options. do you guys think this is a good first doll option, or is it too complicated, or is there really no "right" option for a first doll? I guess I'm just really overwhelmed and it's hard to find information on this specific doll. thank you in advance :)

5. @rubycat I really like the Ann sculpt as well it's so pretty! my first doll was a model delf Jean and in my experience, I would definitely recommend a model delf as a first doll! I'm same as you, where I wanted a smaller but also more mature doll and model delfs fit the bill pretty well I think!

I have ordered 1/4 sized clothes from Alice's collection and they tend to be slightly big on her, but nothing crazy. One thing about model delfs is they have smaller heads than other 1/4 dolls. 1/4 dolls tend to fit 7-8 sized wigs and model delfs fit 6-7 which is yo-sd sized.

The model delf body is only single jointed as opposed to double jointed like fairlyland, but since she was my first doll, I can't compare the two, but posing her hasn't been a problem with me.

Also, fairyland doesn't sell in stock dolls, but Denver Doll Emporium has an in stock page for their minifees and they are located in the states, so depending on where you live, this could be super convenient for you. I'm also learning as I go, so hopefully my limited knowledge helps!

6. The current model delf girl body is not single jointed, unless you put heel legs on it. The previous girl body had an option for single jointed knees, and was not exclusively single jointed. That body has since been discontinued.

7. D'oh haha my bad I don't mean to spread misinformation. Wow I can't believe I couldn't tell the difference. I just got her in summer 2020 so she must be double jointed then!

8. thank you so much, this does help, I really appreciate it!!

9. I tried a pair of pants made for the 28M fashion size and they do fit on my muscle model delf but Im sure fabric and cut could affect the fit. I didnt have time to try any shirts.

10. This is still very helpful, thank you!

11. My Avalanche arrived :D
      [​IMG]
      (He should actually be blond but the blond wig I own - supposedly in his size - doesn't fit his head so he has to wear this now till he gets his own one.) Kind of regretting not getting him in bronze skin but the brown skin is lovely too in person, nicer than I thought it would be, it's definitely not as green as my picture makes it look like at least! :sweat his head appears to be much bigger than Terra's one is so hunting suitable wigs for him will be "fun":sigh but other than that, I love him and I'm excitedly waiting for warmer and dryer weather so I get to paint his face.

12. @digi congrats. so you have a pic of him with (mdf?) Terra?

13. I'll take one later, I want to swipe Terra's faceup first. Guess you want to see the difference in their head sizes? Terra is still body short since the kiddelf45 one I had meant for him just doesn't work, the s-hook sinks inside the body too much and he looks short necked due that x( so now I need to order him yet another body *sighs* guess I'll wait for spring/ summer event for that unless I can snag mdf body secondhand somewhere.

14. @digi yes please that would be great. i am curious now that you mentioned about head size difference. i'm also eyeing Terra. :3nodding:
      also apologies if i sound rude... was meant to type "do", not "so" :sweat

15. Alice Collection offers a “donut” of resin that sits on top of the neck, under the head that may help with your problem.

16. I use a neck piece from Cool Cat for one of my doll which looked short necked and it works well so might be worth a try! ;)

17. Thank you two! I'll have to check those out and add one to my next order :)

18. Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I was wondering if the head sculpt on the Model Delf's are the same as the Kid Delf heads, and if they're compatible with the Model Delf bodies? I have an older Kid Delf Ani and I'm in limbo with him. I'm wanting to get into more mature looking MSD girl dolls, yet he was my first doll so am reluctant to part with him. I actually like the look of the MDF Ani girl, so, could I simply buy a MDF body and have it work with my KDF head?

19. MDF heads are smaller in size than KDF heads but they can be switched out. I am planning to get a MDF body for a floating KDF head as well :).

Luts had even released KDF heads on MDF bodies in the past. I think they called them Model Kid Delf or something.

20. Thanks for your answer! Hmmm, I thought they might be a bit smaller, to give more 'mature' proportions...I guess that answers that.

That's pretty interesting, I've had a look on the site and Model Kid Delfs do seem to look a little more mature than regular Kid Delfs, but not as mature as the Model Delfs. It would be nice or some side by side comparisons, or someones home pictures of their MKDF.