1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Model Delf 45cm (MDF) mature mini discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2018

1. @Statuess
      Do you mean the male or female body?

Dont have access to a new female body for comparison but my partner has both old and new male bodies and loves the new male body.

The posing is a little better on the new one, for example the old one cant quite touch their own chest when folding their arm across their chest but the new one can. The old one is still a great poser compared to other companies though.

As for female body we have the old one (poor girl keeps getting traded back and forth between us as we try to work out a character for her. She is a brown skin Blanchet sculpt, which is a bit oddly childish looking on the super mature body. We kinda wish we had gotten Annette for her instead but oh well.)

The body poses fantastically and gotta love her adorable curves.

2. @Alaia I was referring to the male body. I noticed a lot of people were disappointed when they brought out the new body that they wouldn't keep selling the old one, but was curious how many people had actually brought this up with Luts and was curious if people were interested in trying to ask them to bring it back. :)

I understand that the mobility is slightly better with the new type but really prefer the aesthetics of the old one.

3. @Statuess
      Yeah, I was kinda surprised that they didnt keep both options available since they still offer like 4 different Kid Delf body options last I knew.

Maybe they prefer just having the simple "either Muscle or Slim" options on the males instead of having so many combinations of 2 different leg types and 4 different torsos? Doesnt explain getting rid of female though since only option there is boobie size.

Perhaps since the new bodies are so similar to the old ones they didnt want to get confused and mix parts when casting but it doesnt seem to be a concern with their multiple Kid Delf bodies so knows.

I wish we could convince them to sell heads by themselves though orz I love the MDF bodies but I have some characters who have different body types. And Kid Delf bodies are so.... THICK. They just look too chubby so cant go the My Choice route.

4. @Alaia I thought the slim/muscle mix-and-match options were great, too, but I can understand it might make things more difficult for them?

I'm mostly just disappointed that they didn't continue to develop those beautiful elbow/knee joints which were so highly praised (maybe it didn't get back to them?). I may still eventually go for the new-type body as it seems to be the best available option for that kind of physique, though. :sweat

I hope they can eventually be convinced to sell the heads separately, or at least that you have no trouble arranging a split! <3

5. I knowwww I bought the Old body for those joints! Well, and the soft bulk aesthetic of the body itself, but I am so tired of peanut joints and super impressed by functional soft edged joints like this old body has... They're just so gorgeous.

6. I hated the old knees, personally. I really dislike when companies make the kneecaps look like they are wearing kneepads. I get that they make the bent knee look better in clothes, though. So its really each person's preference.

It is too bad that they didnt continue offering both options for those of you that prefer the old.

7. I do wish they'd kept the option for both, so people could choose the one they like best!

8. Rain borrowing some mage garb.

[​IMG]

9. Can the model delf girl wear the same clothes and shoes as a kid delf?
      I think a more mature body might better suit a kid delf head I have but I don't know that I want to get a body that can't wear the same clothes as my other girl.

10. So I'm thinking of getting some jointed hands for my girls, the never ending search for info continues. Does anyone by chance have some jointed hands/resin comparisons from companies that make jointed hands?

11. Guys! Guys its happening! Luts is doing an event where you can buy heads by themselves!

I dont have full funds right now so I am going to layaway through bjdivas. Just mentioning it in case anyone else is in a similar predicament and didn't know about bjdivas layaway.

12. Cool. I've been wanting a model delf body for a floating kid delf head. Maybe I can justify putting a body on layaway.

13. @Aira
      I have been eyeballing Dia pretty hard since she came out but am a little nervous because it looks like her head might be bigger than some of the other model delfs.

What size of eyes do you have in her?

14. @Alaia she came with what looks like 12mm glass eyes, but they're too big. I tried 12mm handmade resin eyes, it seems that 6mm iris looks the most natural, though unfortunately I couldn't take any photos. I'll make sure to post some photos in future.

15. Hi there! I have a model delf boy/soul doll hybrid that I'm having a terrible time finding long pants for. I've been scoping out the Luts website, but I never seem to catch them when they're available. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've tried Alice's collections, but the pair I got technically fit, but he can't sit and they're a little too short.

16. I know you can order clothes custom sized on Alice's Collections but I have no idea how specific the changes can be. Still, I think it's worth a shot :) (unless the pants you've bought were already modified)

On a side note, what skin color does your boy have? How good is the resin match? I'm waiting for a MDF head right now but I still haven't decided on a body.

17. @RedMoonlight I'll have to check out the custom sizing, I just ordered the MSD size. Thanks for the suggestion!

My boy is in the real skin normal and the match for soul dolls normal skin isn't horrible.With the right faceup and body blushing I don't think you'd notice a difference.

18. Funnily enough I have a mdf Avalanche head coming in off the 2nd hand market that I plan to put onto a Souldoll NL boy body (love the mdf body, but not all my boys are beefcakes so I enjoy hybriding as well)

I am a LITTLE nervous at the match because the head is from 2016 but the pics didnt show any yellowing and the NS Blanchet head I have from 2015 isnt a bad match to the body.

19. You guys, finally! A second hand set option!
      [​IMG]