1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Model Delf 45cm (MDF) mature mini discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2018

1. If they released the current wide shoulder female bodies with wider hips too, my wallet would be very much in danger. But as it stands, just the wider shoulders are a major reason I don't want a lot of the newer bodies and lines. Hoping Luts gives some love to some of their older aesthetics. There hasn't been any new Baby Delf sculpts for a while and my dream is for either more Baby Delf elf versions (they only ever made one limited elf head) or for Luts to make a 1/3 size doll with the Baby Delf aesthetics. Just scale Baby Delf up double the size and I'd be happy!

Anyone planning to get one of the new centaurs? I'm safe from the dolls but mildly tempted by the female outfit. Need to ask if it would fit Kid Delf Centaur too though.

2. I ordered a centaur Muhwa. I have both KDF and KDF45, and they're generally compatible clothes wise except the KDF45 has longer legs so pants might look too short (Unless they're capri-style).

3. Funny enough, I really love that there is a broad shouldered girl finally available. It's so rare to find one in the MSD range, particularly as the current trend is for extreme pear shape female bodies. I would love it if they did a version of the body which had some muscle definition as a tall, broad shouldered, athletic looking MSD girl body would be the bomb! Sadly I don't have much hope as there's such a weird dislike for girls/women to have muscles or look strong :pout:

But have to agree that i'm also not a fan of the tiny head + extreme thick neck & broad shoulder aesthetic that seems to be popular with new male doll lines. I would love to be able to get some of Luts's more mature looking SD heads in a MSD size but would prefer them to be closer in size to the Kid heads. I think if they're scaling proportionally, the heads might end up even smaller than the Model heads, which are a bit too small for my taste :sweat

4. The centaur clothes are labeled for Model Delf so I'd still like to ask Luts if it would fit Kid Delf. I have a Model Delf girl and a couple Kid Delf girls (one centaur) and there's enough of a size difference between them for me to be a bit worried that it would be too big. Especially if the KD45 centaur is more like Model delf size. Did Luts ever post a comparison of the Kid Delf, Model Delf, and KD45 centaur bodies side by side?

Ooo, if the broad shouldered girls had slight muscle definition that would be a lot better too! Didn't even think about that but now I want it to happen. Like on par with Slender male model delf. That slight muscle definition but not quite ripped. /adds to dreams for Luts list

5. Aw, so no model delfs at all in this summer event then as there's only week of it left and none has shown up yet so it's unlikely they'll make a quick last minute release of one either, I'm honestly sad.:atremblin

I guess they're planning on some special event for them once the new bulkier/bigger body is ready to release then. I just hope the future heads will still be compatible with the current MDF bodies since "bigger and even more muscular" is the opposite of what I personally want. :sweat actually, what I'd love would be if they released body similar to the muse body for senior delfs in model / kid / kid45 delf size. I'd be all over that! Unlikely since they seem to think that bigger is better but a girl can dream right? :drool

6. Yeah I can understand that. Since no model delf, I am still... pondering ordering a limited kid45 to pair with my model delf girl and hope the head size difference is not too weird. Because I want a softer looking boy for this character in particular I actually kiiiinda prefer kid45 body than model delf bodies, even though it has less details. I guess I have a couple of days to think :sweat

...I am just glad they released centaurs and not "deertaurs" (cervitaurs?) cause I would be so tempted anyways ._.

7. Personally I feel like the head difference is quite big so I would rather ask them if they'd let you order a MDF head on a KDF45 body instead.
      [​IMG]
      That's MDF Ani next to KDF45 Aengdu.

[​IMG]
      KDF Aengdu head on MDF body and MDF Ani head on KDF45 body.

8. Ohhh thank you so much for the photos @laquaza !! It helps a ton!! I agree, though I think since they would be a boy and a girl it would be slightly less weird (I heard people use some tricks for photos like have bigger head in the bg and smaller closer to the camera). My problem is I always want the limited heads because I need the elf ears xD

9. Took some pictures of Aurelie (MDF Ani) today. The clothes aren't necessarily her style but I still think it looks good on her.
      [​IMG]

10. @laquaza She's stunning! I love everything on her. :D Is her skin tone light tan? Lovely color. :3nodding:

11. Thank you so much.

She's actually rosy brown which has very strong redish undertones. But they don't really show up on camera. Depending on what colors I put her in she looks unnaturally pink or purple. I feel she looks best in neutral colors.

12. Luts is teasing their winter event already on Twitter. :abambi:

I just hope we'll get some model delfs this time around. That's all I'm asking for.

Added: I wonder if the new bigger model delf body will be part of this event? They teased it already before the summer event and then nothing was heard of that again after that. Surely it must be finished by now if they didn't run in some huge problems with it? (Maybe the old MDF heads are too small for it after all and they are trying to solve that problem or end up making it a whole new line? It's possible right?)

#452 digi, Oct 24, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    13. Hi Everyone! I've been eyeing the model delfs for a while and am really considering getting Larimar or Jean as my first resin doll! I do have one question, and that is about shoes (for female model delf). Are there any shoes/ shoe brands that fit them well aside from the ones on the Luts site? Are they closer to minifee shoes sizes or more regular MSD shoe sizes?

14. My MDFs are boys and the only minifee I have is on the Moe body (which has extra tiny feet and nothing fits her ;__; ) but the boys wear the same shoes my other MSD sized dolls too. Looking at their measurements on Luts site both (female) model delf and (female) kid delf have 5.3cm for for length and 2.1cm and 2.3cm for foot width (in the mentioned order) so the difference is barely existing, they should be able to share shoes just fine. Pretty sure that's pretty much the average size for 1/4 dolls so you'd likely get better results with regular shoes than minifee shoes.

15. I think the difference in shoe wize between my KDF and MDF girl is noticeable. MDF girls can wear KDF shoes but it's definitely too wide. The shoes don't fall off her feet or anything but depending on the style of shoes it doesn't look that great. Socks help though. And for (ankle) boots it doesn't matter.

As I don't own any minifees I can't make any comparisons there.

If that'd help you I can take a comparison picture in the evening when I get home from work or so.

16. Okay thank you both for the information! I'm still a bit new to figuring out the measurements so that's good to know that KDF shoes should fit but will probably be loose.
      @laquaza I would love to see a comparison picture when you have the time!

17. I've tried minife heels on my MDF and the MDF high heel foot is more arched than the minifee's so unfortunately, high heel shoes don't fit

18. Would MDF be able to wear Minifee heels with their flat feet? Or are the shoes too narrow?
      The KDF heels I have fit on MDF flat feet better than the KDF flat shoes. But I guess that might not work with Minifee heels as these are way more narrow.

@xmintpie
      MDF girls have almost the same foot size (for flat feet) as KDF45 girls. I took some comparison pictures with KDF and KDF45 feet but I still need to crop them down for DoA

19. I just tried and the feet are just a tinge too wide to fit into the minifee heels