1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Model Delf 45cm (MDF) mature mini discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2018

1. I'm thinking of buying heel legs for my Lazuli. Does anyone know if they come with replacement string? I would expect the string to be shorter than the one that comes with the flat foot version because the legs connect at the knee instead of at the ankle. I don't want to cut her existing string in case I want to go back to the flat feet later. And if I have to buy string separately, does anyone know what size? Is it 2 mm or 1.5 mm?

2. You could just retie the elastic shorter without cutting it.

3. Thanks for the suggestion. I may do it that way. I've already placed my order.

4. Does anyone know how Abadon looks next to a regular msd girl (with the typical larger head)? I see his head is around 6-7, and the girl I'm wanting to pair with is a Doll Leaves Betty, and the stats on Alice Collections says her head is 18.?cm. Do you think that is too big a difference to look good together? I have neither doll right now. I'm trying to plan ahead first.

5. Hi all, I've wanted a mature mini for years and I'm seriously considering a model Delf (Diez, to be specific)... but before I take the plunge I wanted to ask: how easy are they to dress? Will they fit clothes for any "slim mini" or are there specific companies that have similar dolls?

6. Model delfs are not slim minis. It depends on what body type you are looking at for clothes. I would say that none of the male model delf body types can generally fit slim mini clothes. The muscle and slim body type can not easily fit general standard msd (when I write msd I mean standard 1/4 bjd, not volks) clothes, it does depends on the piece (and the measurements) but any slim fit standard msd clothes probably would not fit, but looser or stretchy stuff could work. The new slender body type, looking at the measurements, appears to be closer to a standard msd. So I would think that body type could generally wear standard msd clothes, but it was just released and no one probably has it yet. If standard msd can fit certain type of slim mini clothes, like stretchy or loose stuff then the slender body type might be able to as well. Generally, you definitely need to check the measurements when buying clothes for male model delf. If fitting clothes matter the most to you, I would pick slender body type. I personally have not seen any companies with dolls similar to the model delf muscle and slim body types, but maybe someone else could know more.

7. Thank you for your answer, I appreciate it! I should have mentioned... yes, I think I'd be getting the slim body type... or slender? I'm really not sure what the difference is...

8. Look at the measurement numbers (they are on one of the images) to see the real differences. The muscle and slim are very similar, the slim is sculpted less muscular. The slender is physically less bulky than the other two.
      Muscle - Model Delf - BOY Body New Type1
      Slim - Model Delf - BOY Body New Type2
      Slender - Model Delf Body BOY Type3 Slender ver. (Doll 15% D.C)

9. Ah! Thank you so much, it really helps to have the links all in one place. :) Yeah, I'd be getting the slender body. The others just have too much muscle for me.

10. It used to be you could depend on Luts to make or sell clothing to fit Model Delf male bodies, but I recently ordered pants, a tee shirt and a denim jacket for my original muscle type 2 body boys and of the 3 items, only the denim jacket fits. The tee shirt didn't go over the shoulders and the pants wouldn't go up past the MDF knees. I suspect they've resized their clothing to fit the new bodies. Those of us who have the original muscle bodies have been left up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

11. I'm having trouble finding pants for my new MDF...I really don't want to pay EMS shipping for just a pair of pants from Luts directly. Does anyone know where the pants come from (like how some of their clothes come from treedesign)? Or any ideas on where to get pants?

Also, do MSD shoes fit them or are they too big, anyone know?

12. I am guessing you have the muscle or slim body? The clothes list the manufacturer in the details under the price. But some of them, like the mdf span cotton pants from nine9 style, if I remember correctly from something I read, are actually special sized for model delf, so if you buy normal nine9 style pants they may not fit. Unfortunately I haven't found any pants aside from luts that fit, hopefully someone else can help. I use normal msd shoes for mine. Their feet (I don't know the length/width of the new slender body feet and I can't seem to find the page for that body right now) are shorter than the common inner length I see of 6cm for standard msd shoes but their feet are wide enough so the shoes stay on, though some shoes could look oversized on them depending on the style. I'm going to guess that if the clothes chart for the pants say they only fit mdf and it's from a common manufacturer, like nine9 style or bears for example, they were probably custom sized for luts to sell. And if they say they fit mdf and kdf they might not fit as vermont chick above stated they just bought pants that were supposed to fit and they didn't. Hopefully someone else can help you with more info if I'm wrong about anything.

13. @xyuemoto I actually have a girl body, but some pants I bought don't fit right. You may be right about the company sizes not being the same on the nine9style/treedesign website, and if so that sucks. I'm not even sure if the pants on Luts will fit a girl or if they're only for males. I'm confused about most sizing because I have mainly SDs and YoSDs, lol

Sorry I didn't specify which body I had, completely slipped my mind.

14. Oh, sorry I assumed. I haven't heard of people having problems dressing the girls so I assumed you had one of the male bodies. I guess you can ignore most of what I said.

15. It's okay, it was my fault for not stating. Maybe I just got a one off pair of pants that don't fit and others will be fine, lol. Like I said before I don't have much reference for MSDs so I may just be having a blond moment. Thank you for your reply though! I appreciate it.

16. Not sure if you do this already but one thing you can do aside from asking sellers for the measurements of the clothes, is if you can find out what body the company uses as their standard msd model or what bjd is in the product photos (if they have a bjd wearing the stuff) and then compare that doll's measurements with your girl's measurements it might be easier to find stuff that could fit.

17. Hey all! I wanted to share some pics of my bubblemint Bliss, currently unnamed. Can't believe how fast this guy showed up?? He's my first and only MDF, and I wasn't sure what to expect. But he's super easy to handle, and I love this resin color.

[​IMG]MDF Bliss by allie strom, on Flickr

18. Ooooh, congrats! I ordered MDF Dia in the same color, it's exciting to see it in owner pics!