1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf 65 Discussion Part 1

Dec 29, 2014

1. @talithax OMG your Cyan is sooooo cute! I'm happy to see another Cyan here! Brown Skin is really attractive and his baby face works perfectly on a Delf body:D Your R.Carmine is very pretty as well !

@Dr.Zed Your R.Carmine is amazing :love Carrot wig is always one of my favourite!

I hope your guys won't mind my little interruption of your R.Carmine party with my new boy Breeze. His name is Nikolai, after the name of a character Nikolai Krasotkin from a Japanese animation. I am so busy recently so I only took a few photos of him with my old smartphone.

[​IMG]

2. @Moria_ash Your Nikolai looks so charming in that outfit~

3. Your Breeze looks amazing in that outfit against that backdrop! What a handsome boy he is.:)

4. @Dr.Zed @PoeticSoul Thank you! I'm so glad that you like him. I've just taken a few photos of him by camera and with a better lighting. I hope I have the time to do some editing and post them here again.

5. Hello, I took some photos with a better camera of my new boy today. I'm surprised that even I gave him a pairs of 18mm Makoeyes there are still gaps....should I get some oval-shaped eyes??

[​IMG]

6. @Moria_ash Such a pretty boy! What a lovely photo~ I can't get over how dashing he is!

As for eyes, I've personally been solving gap issues if the eye seems too small by getting a size bigger with a smaller iris (so the iris is the technically the correct size and the whites are bigger). Colors are usually more limited this way though T_T But I imagine trying to find oval eyes would be limited as well (I've been using Captured in Glass btw! I just told them what I wanted and they said they could do it and gave me the price).
      If it's gapping because the eye doesn't seem to fit right, beveling the eyewells a bit might help? Dollmore sells them. I think I sized up when I had this problem, but it was a while ago so I don't quite remember.

I hope that helps? Mako eyes are so pretty T_T It would be a shame if you couldn't make them work!

#246 Dr.Zed, Apr 24, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    7. @Moria_ash - What a gorgeous boy you have! I love his outfit and you captured a beautiful portrait of him.
      As for the eye gapping issue, I agree with Dr. Zed, I would go a size bigger with a smaller iris & possibly go for a low dome eye as well. If you prefer urethane eyes, I recommend looking into enchanted eyes, they offer custom eyes that include both narrow iris and low dome options.

I've long admired the Senior65 boys and I'm so tempted by both Diez and Romantic Carmine. What a wonderful release these two boys are, I'm leaning slightly more towards Diez at the moment since I have several boys with contemplative expressions already. Are these boys hard to find clothes for? Do they fit most standard Sd17 size clothes?

8. @faireva Yes, I've found SD17, Super Gem, and similar sized clothing works~ I haven't had trouble with clothes yet. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't purchased anything specifically for my S65 boy. I've just been using clothes I already had on hand.

Though I'm curious if anyone has had trouble or has other suggestions?

9. @Dr.Zed - Thanks for the info! :-)

10. @Dr.Zed
      @faireva

Thank you so much for your compliment and advice! Breeze is much much handsome than I expected. I love his cat-like eyes the most.
      Hope he goes well with my Cyan and Abadon!
      Five of my dolls (Breeze, Abadon and three other Switch boys) have the same eye fitting problem :( I've tried different makers but most of them failed (Soom Soft Silicone Eyes is probably the only pair that fit) Sometimes I just gave up and ignore those gaps XDDD
      Makoeyes are pretty and not too expensive (sigh) well I can still use them on my other doll with round big eyes anyway.
      Breeze's already wearing 18mm...do you mean I should try 20mm with smaller iris? Small iris eyes and low dome eye are rare so I think custom make should be the best. Enchanted eyes and Captured in Glass seem great! I will try them! Thank you very much!!

11. @Moria_ash - I'm sure that he will go along great with your Cyan and Abadon, what a nice Luts crew you have! I love your Breeze's cat eyes too and his little smile.
      To clarify, 20mm with smaller iris is just what I mean. :) If the eyewell is shallow you might consider low dome too.

12. I don't think I like this style for my boy, but it was fun to try anyway!

[​IMG]

Has anyone bit the bullet on one of the new boys yet? I think I'm going to decide this week if I need another R.Carmine.

#252 Dr.Zed, Apr 25, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    13. Curious, did anyone order Platinum the knight? I wanted him super bad and just found that some of the limited sets are still available but I haven't seen any user pictures of him yet.

14. My Abadon shipped and looks like I should see him today. Could be tomorrow though. I'm not ready. I don't have a name for him. I don't know who he is or anything about him. He's so mysterious. I hope everything I ordered fits because I don't think the clothes I have will work for him. Now, I need to find him a pretty lady.

15. Congrats!! please share pics of him!! I love Abadon mold, is gorgeous!!

16. cute boy! pink boy! :blush

17. I realized that I completely forgot to share my Abandon after his arrival. I've named him Alex because he insisted. He has the default face up and it turned out nice. However, there is some weird highlighting going on around his eyes. It looks ok but it's just odd. I got him in real skin brown and that probably emphasizes the highlighting. Overall, I'm really happy with him. I thought Luts stopped sanding the seams but he has these spots that would have visible seams and is quite smooth instead. He also doesn't have any marbling or discoloration. I love the 65 delf body. It's nice and sturdy. My Migidoll boy feels floppy and small in comparison.
      [​IMG]

18. Alex is very beautiful! :blush

19. wow!!! your boy is gorgeous!! one of my dream boy is a Abadon in brown skin! what default faceup he has? I see two Abadons in Luts page, one in 65cm and other in super senior
      Thanks!

20. I just received my R. Carmine head in normal skin with face up yesterday and I noticed that he has ugly yellow shading or discoloration under his eyes. I want to contact Luts about it, but that might be more trouble then it's worth.

I'm also having issues with eye gaping, but I hope that Enchanted Doll eyes will workout better.

#260 fuu-sensei, Jul 20, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2017