1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf 65 Discussion Part 1

Dec 29, 2014

1. They are absolutely beautiful :D If this had been many years ago I would have gone crazy!! I used to grab my wallet as soon as Luts released some new fantasy characters xd. But I've been starting more and more to be able to resist releases such as these. Today I'm more interested in working on the BJD families I got at home, and adding new members to it based the BJD familie's background story.

Right now, to me the most important thing, and my priority is to get my IH YID Lucian his SID F. Oscar werewolf best friend!

2. Yes bory is so cuuute!! Not matter which version xD

3. Sort of. :P I started planning his character last year. The faceup they picked so far doesn't give him much of a cocky attitude like the other had, so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get him a custom faceup now. My SD crew is ridiculous right now. Haha. The character I planned from befor emay need to be changed a little however, because I did have him figured WITH elf ears before.

It's truuuue! I love him so much. >w<

4. I was just talking to my partner about that! How funny. Years ago I would just freak out over Luts fantasy dolls and buy them instantly. I thought I still wanted them, but after I saw these guys (even though, I stilled freaked out) I calmed down and really thought about it... even looking at my current collection they're totally different from this. I have fantasy dolls, but they're all part of one large story and they all are so different in terms of style, even sculpting style, than these. My tastes changed before I even realized it! There's so much to do with my current family I don't think I'll be able to swing these guys, so I completely get where you're coming from.

I still want them pretty bad, but just looking at my other fantasy boys I know I love them more. And they need so many things @___@

Do wish I could buy those moose horns though!

5. Okay...so Luts has absolutely conquered me with their Storm the ruler of forest elf! He just immediately started speaking to me and became a huge presence in my crew (they're all shouting at me now to bring him home...without even being formally released by the company yet.) I had promised myself "no new resin" in 2018, but enabler hubby is letting me sneak this one in just under the 2017 wire.:) Wow...I didn't see this one coming, but this gorgeous elf is just too epic to pass up. Thank goodness for layaway...especially at this time of the year.

#285 PoeticSoul, Dec 11, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    6. That's awesome @PoeticSoul

Human Breeze was a little bit tempting. But as I kept scrolling, Elf Breeze blew me away and I was ready to start hitting the buy button. :P I'm hoping this feeling will pass because I don't need any more resin... and new clothes, shoes and a wig and eyes... and I just want one year where I'm not trying to finish a doll. But he's so cute with those ears.

7. Yes, the elf ears on these sculpts are truly epic! And with that gorgeous Senior65 body they are bound to be utterly amazing in person! I'm so happy with my decision, even though...like you...I was truly hoping to be done with new resin for this year. But Luts reeled me in at the last minute with this amazing release. Storm's romantic eyes and elegant expression were absolutely impossible to resist!

8. @PoeticSoul I love the "bat ears", as I once saw them referred. They are so charming! As I've acquired more dolls throughout the years, I've found any new ones have to have something very distinct about them to bring them home. And I agree Storm is (nearly) impossible to resist! The only reason I didn't get him during his first release was because Luts insisted on only selling him on their outdated (and huge) SSDF body.:...(

9. Hehe, I came to a point in my life where I said to myself that honestly, I can not just run for my wallet everytime there is a special BJD release xd! Imagine how many dolls we'd end up with if we caved in on every doll that caught our eye! I don't want to end up like a BJD hoarder or something :sweat

I love that Luts finally made satyrs though. I've been admiring SOOMs satyrs and fantasy dolls for many years but never ended up getting any. If I could have gone back in time and started my collection all over, I would have bought so many of SOOMs satyrs! So it's of course a little hard to resist Luts's new release. But you just gotta remind your self what it is in your hobby that matters most. I also have a couple of basic Luts dolls on my wish list. One is a SDF Zena head on the new Delf girl body. The other is Delf Yun Ha clones. I have their characters planned out and everything and they are on my grail list. I feel that is more importand than any limited doll!

You can find some moose horns/ antlers on Etsy. And Souldoll sell some types of antler and dragon like horns.

10. Waah, Storm looks even more amazing in the new photos Luts posted!:...( I'm so excited to order him - I've almost got all the funds for him secured! Only thing I'm not crazy about are those big, meaty hands (though, that's a common complaint for me). I wonder if the Delf boy hands or SDF girl hands have any chance of fitting those wrists... Also, wish the event promos were a bit better. I always view random anything as likely to end up as more unused clutter in my doll drawers.:| Would much rather a discount or extra points on the order or something.

11. Just ordered my Elf Storm in Real Skin White!:D Anyone else take the plunge yet with either of the big boys? I'm honestly really excited to see if anyone ordered Storm in Brown or the Tans. I was thiiiiis close to going for one of the darker resin colors, but I think I need to stay true to my original concept!

12. Oooooh...me, me!:) I ordered my Elf Storm Satyr in Real Skin Brown. It suits my character best to have him in a darker skin tone. And I also ordered him with the face-up, outfit and wig...so he will pretty much be fullset. His original company photos truly drew me in and I wanted it all!

#292 PoeticSoul, Dec 15, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    13. @PoeticSoul Ah, that's going to be so awesome when he arrives!:D I can't imagine how exciting it will be to open the box and see all that amazing stuff in there with your boy.:ablink: Haha, like a second Christmas!:XD: I'm also looking forward to seeing photos of the Satyr legs. I went for the human option, but again I was thiiis close to doing the fantasy legs!

14. Argh argh argh they've released a new knight character and it's even more awesome than last years one that I was seriously challenged to resist and argh argh argh the price but argh argh argh all of the want!

*is having a moment...*

15. Wow, that knight outfit is amazing! As for price, look at it this way: you're still getting a better deal than a Volks or Soom fullset.:XD:

16. That French knight and my favorite doll from them, Abadon. His outfit and armor is so beautiful. I much prefere the English knight historically, but Abadon's outfit has a little touch of fantasy flair and I'm so dead. I was able to resist the hooved boys with the whole "yeah but my current resin family needs A LOT" but now..... I can't ever resist knights. I just barely escaped the last one.

Hah Kimchi I always think about that. Loongsoul and Luts are my favorite fullset prices. Volks isn't that bad, but their quality is higher so I'll take it. Soom though... just always has their heads up their backside (says the lady who can't resist them either) >_< I'm amazed I can get that fully blushed and armored knight for 1300. God. Someone hided my wallet.

#296 Littlebirdzoom, Dec 20, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    17. Me tooo... knight or elf... I don't know!!!!

18. I'm the same, I adore Knights and armoured character dolls and I just know i'm dooomed to end up with one :D I agree that the English Knight was great in terms of being realistic but the French Knight does have a fantasy element that's a lot of fun. I think the only thing is it's a bit of a shame the helmet is designed with a face piece rather than fitting on a head as the face sculpts haven't really clicked with me. But I suppose that would make the helmet too big and awkward? :sweat

Haha, Luts is so cruel making us have to choose between Knights and Elves, such a tough choice! ;)

19. They do that because otherwise it's guaranteed you'll chip the faceup or scratch the resin no matter how careful. If the helmet was too big it would rattle around and hurt the faceup. And if it was too tight it would hurt the faceup. Lose lose xD I wonder if they give you a separate head though, I'm pretty sure they do. I haven't looked but I remember the last one coming either one in the full package. But I agree... You can change the head head but the helmet face head you're just stuck with one sculpt. So the hybridization is limited. I love abadon but I'm with you. I would want to stick another head on too >< Now I'm curious if the helmet fits other dolls though!

20. I think you're right, @Littlebirdzoom. It looks like they do have a 2nd head for off-helmet time. They seem to call the helmet head "Armet Face". I'm paralyzed with indecision. I'm glad we have until February.