1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf 65 Discussion Part 1

Dec 29, 2014

1. I absolutely do not begrudge anyone who decides to leave grad school. There were many times when I was ready to jump ship!:horror: The first thing I'm going to do after defending is blast Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" on the way home, and then I'll treat myself to a nice glass of wine and some Pokemon!:D

Love me some of those original CP sculpts!:aheartbea I still regret not picking up some of the Delfs from Luts before Fairyland squirreled them away for apparently the rest of eternity.

I'm actually curious to see how big Storm's head is in proportion to his body. I can't tell from his company photos if he's got a big noggin like some of the other Luts boys or a smaller head that just looks big because of his ridiculous ears and bigger features.

2. yes. I was a freelance writer and photographer (am a beach bum now. no schedule. no deadlines!) looking at my press association awards, I thought. what the heck am I spending money and time on that M.A. for? I wanted to travel more, write for national magazines. so I did. 8-)

agree about noggin size. you will be my test case. from pics of him on that big bod, I think the 65 will look very nice.
      I've passed up Delfs because they look too childish for me, but when you see Elf ears, it changes everything.
      I think I'll pierce his ears myself, though. not too close to the edge.

3. I made the "mistake" of going into a field where a grad degree is basically mandatory.:doh I totally admire freelancers. High risk but high reward!:thumbup I've actually been thinking about joining a start-up after school to kind of ease into the idea of entrepreneurship. That or get into science policy or government 'cause lordy knows we can always use more sane people there!

Oh yes, I agree about elf ears. Any time I have the option I go for those pointy fellas. Even with Storm, while I find his human version cute it's those crazy ears that made him love at first sight! I think piercings work really well on him. I'm going to pierce one of my boy's ears around the same place Luts did in his initial release.

4. Actually, my SSD65's head is about the same size as my other dolls heads, one of them is a 62 cm DollFamily-H,so I would say it's not so terribly big. He doesn't have hugely open eyes, so he takes 14mm eyes though, but came with 16, which fit if you want that kind of look ^^ Even though the body isn't exactly what I was looking for for this character, it's a very nice body still, except hands and feet, which are enormous x)

5. My tracking # says my postperson dropped off the pink slip of death not an hour after I left for work.>__< Well, guess I'm not seeing my guy until tomorrow or Sat!

6. aaaaagh! the happy/sad pink notice. Photos. photos! :wiggle when you finally get him. I need more enablement.

7. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be delirious from sleep deprivation by the time I do get to open him, but I'll try to remember to take some shots before I put him away.;)

8. Photo of Storm! I've switched out his default big SD65 bear paws with Delf hands.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

9. He looks wonderful. Good idea to switch to SD size hands. Oooooh! those ears! He really looks good in white.
      Thanks for taking the time for photos.

:chocoberry

10. Has anyone done the Luts My Choice with a Senior65 Delf body and a Senior Delf head? I couldn't find any measurements for the neck of the Senior Delf body so I don't know if a Senior Delf head will fit the Senior 65 Delf body, or if it looks good.
      I'm getting my first SD and I'm gathering as much info before I order so I don't make a mistake.

11. I got the 2015 Senior Delf Winter gift head on the Senior 65 body and it's a perfect fit.:)

12. Awesome! Thanks!

13. Wait, so is the Breeze head for Super Senior and Senior65 the same head?!? The makeup is for sure different, but I loove the makeup for the Super Senior version.

14. @dragolivia they're the same head. Luts seems to be (intelligently) sculpting their newer bodies so that they can all share heads of the same size range. If you like one makeup version better than the other, Luts may be willing to accommodate you. Just post an inquiry on their Q&A board if you haven't already.

Sooooooo, I got around to modding my Storm. Originally, I was just going to do a straightforward open-eye mod buuuuuuut...

[​IMG]

I couldn't keep my modding tools away from his jawline! I really wasn't feeling that soft, baby-fat jaw so I carved it sharper (pointier chin included!). I also opted for a closed eye mod on his other eye since I had to do so much fussing with the open eye to reduce gapping around his glass eyes. This sculpt was clearly meant to take 16mm eyes, but I very much prefer the look of 14mm in him. While I'm surprisingly happy with the closed eye (first successful additive mod!), I may just go for a fancy eyepatch in the end.

[​IMG]

15. @Kimchi - that's some very fancy modding! I like what you've done with the jaw. that's one of the few reasons I'm still hesitating.
      a bit too childish for his body. but, oh those ears.... so cool.

does he have a certain character? eyepatch perhaps for fancy occasions, have them in different fabrics and styles. :apirate:

16. @petiteballerine I honestly can't tell if Luts made Storm's face softer for this new release or not, because to me the photos from his original release made his face shape look more mature. But then, of the few owner photos I've seen from that release his jaw does look very soft???:? It's probably just all differences in lighting, but the photo that made me fall in love with the sculpt, to me, looks closer to my mod job. His ears, though, exceed expectations.:love Very thick and sturdy, so not a lot of risk to breaking them unless one decides to chuck the head at a wall or something. It does limit where, realistically, you could drill holes for piercings but there's also a lot of real estate on those bad boys.

My boy doesn't have a character, per se. None of my dolls do, but they all have very distinct styles, if that makes sense? I've got this amazing set from Nalisinko that's all ruffles and dusty lavender and royal blues and some fancy velour shoes to match. I think a fancy velvet eyepatch with lacey and/or gold trims will go wonderfully with the whole outfit. I also decided on the name "Gabriel" because, while it does sound fancy, I realized I can call him stupid things like Gabby, Gabster, and Gabs.:lol:

17. I will soon be the proud owner of a Senior Delf 65 mychoice Breeze! He's pre-loved and I have him on hold for me, but he will hopefully be here by the ending of the month. I've never had a full SD doll before, so I'm a little hesitant about the size difference between him and my KDs. ;u;

18. Oh wow, I just ordered the same boy! My first SD boy too! How crazy XD Congrats!

19. @dragolivia
      Awesome! Did you get his default faceup? Mine is going to have it and I might mod some elf ears onto him later on.

20. I love the Super Senior version of that sculpt's faceup but I ended up buying one that was in stock from Fabric Friends Dolls, which had a custom faceup that I'm gonna end up removing. I'd rather have him here asap than have to wait longer ahaha ^_^