1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf 65 Discussion Part 1

Dec 29, 2014

1. Hi! I just got my senior 65 Joe on a type 3 body, and I was trying to see if he could sit cross legged and.... his leg fell off? It looks the string came off the peg... has anyone had this happen before?? I don't think I was being too rough with him??The knots gotten stuck in the thigh joint, so I'm trying get that out and re-sting him.

2. @ItelyNotItaly Yeah, that happened to me a few times. That’s just how the body is constructed, unfortunately. Putting it back on is a pain so I just move everything very slowly and try not to rotate the thighs too much. :|
      I wouldn’t mind if Luts reworked their 65 cm body line up…

3. Oh, that sucks.... Whelp. guess I just have to be careful... It really does seem like a pain.

4. I rememeber seeing an SDF65 called Sky, but I can't find it anymore.

5. I don't remember a Sky but there is a SD65 Cyn. I believe it was B&G whom had a sculpt named Sky but there's probably others as well.

6. I even wrote about it somewhere because I thought it looked like an event head I like, but it was a limited edition and already sold out.
      It must exist because it's one of the head options for their superior body. I specifically remember it was a 65 head, though the superior body is SSD.

7. @ninive That sounded familiar to me and I found the Sky sculpt mentioned on BJDCollectasy~ It was released as a limited with the slender 65 body.

8. That's weird, they still have the page for the romance Carmine but Sky disappeared. I wanted to know if anyone had one to see if it really is the same as the event head, seem to have quite a distinctive lip shape but it's hard to tell with one picture.

9. Wow, I'm surprised there's nothing about Sky on the Luts website too. Thought they still kept info on their limited sculpt releases. He reminds me of a SD version of the Winter 2020 KDF event head.

Edit: Found the notice on the Luts site too but nothing more.

#749 Cap'n, Nov 23, 2022
      Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    10. The event head he reminds me of is the winter 13 and summer 09, I was wondering if it was another release of the same sculpt.

11. Anyone have an SDF and SDF65 head they could show side by side? Or just know in general if SDF65 heads are smaller than SDF ones? I’m being tempted by an Abadon but the one SDF howl head I have is quite a bit larger than the Switch heads next to it…

12. For the longest time, pretty much all Luts SD same gender heads could switch bodies and still look fine. Luts only recently messed that consistency up. I've have mutliple "hybrids"; a SSDF head on a SD65 body, a SD65 head on a SSDF body, and a SD65 head on a Senior Delf body. But that being said, Abadon looks a bit on the smaller size due to how chiseled features make him seem so. Wig size is the same. I have a Howl right now and used to have an Abadon (no longer do tho). My Howl has been on a Senior Delf body (tho he's currently SD65) and the Abadon I had came on a SSDF body.
      I think I posted this before but here is a comparison of a few heads including Abadon.
      Luts; Clary, Abadon, and Brinicle
      [​IMG]

I no longer own Abadon but I still have Brinicle and Howl. They look about the same size.

13. Hi all! Is there any kind of consensus yet about how the Senior65 girl body poses? I've poked around DoA and only seen comments about the size of her shoulders. Which I agree turned me off at first, however I have a girl character who I want to wear boy clothes and I realized this body might make that easier. (She's on a Senior Delf body right now, and in general boy clothes look extremely oversized on her.) I don't like the look of the SDF65 knees but if she poses really well like the boys do then I could probably get over it. :evilplot:

Edit: Realized that I should clarify- I'm not talking about crazy amazing poses or anything, just basic stuff. Can she stand? Can she sit? Can she bend her arms and they stay in place? That sort of thing!

#753 overlordu, Dec 3, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    14. I would totally wait for someone that actually has the SDF65 girl body as I don't have one BUT from looking at the pics on the website and then comparing them to the pics of the boy body, they certainly seem engineered the same. The SDF65 body, to me, poses extremely well. I'm not one to try any wacky poses or have need for them but the things that I do like, which are things you mentioned, are quite on point! The arms should be able to bend and maintain a pose and I would assume much like the boys she should be able to touch her face, keep her hands in the same position, etc. The knees also look similar to the boy body to me so... yeah they do have that awkward looking peanut joint looking thing that I find hard to engage but, it does make for good sitting, especially if you want them to sit cross-legged! I think the standing should be good because in all honesty, ALL of my LUTS dolls are solid standers even my SDF from 2008 that could use a restringing is an excellent stander!

If you do happen to take the plunge and get the SDF65 girl body, I would love to see pictures! As a broad shouldered gal myself I think the controversy over her shoulders was greatly exaggerated! LOL xD

15. @Cap'n thats super helpful thank you!!

16. That's cool, but still no new body for the Delf boy, and I wonder will the Delf boy ever get any updated, new body type?

17. OMG Luts is going to sell heads only for a few days. That's so nice and I definitely need to check if I can swing a brown Shell head spontaneously :love.

18. Does someone know if sd65 heads (still) fit Senior Delf or Delf bodies? I'm tempted for Dian Romance Elf Unicorn but he's just so big, I'd prefer a bit of a smaller body for him, especially since I don't need the hooves body

19. not normally browse in large section, but have not seen this anywhere else, such a short time window too.
      Did Luts or have they ever offer head only with make up?