1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf 65 Discussion Part 1

Dec 29, 2014

1. Oh so it was not just me who think the hands of 65 are too big. I recently switched the head of my 65 Ginger doll for an Event head and then I began to realize how huge the hands are. I pondered maybe it was because the event head was a little smaller than the original head but since rest of you think so then it's not problem in my eyes.

I'm planning to order over 1000$ (possibly) which would give me the event head + face-up. Though I'm not sure if I really like the carmine sleepy head. Guess I'll just give it away. I love the 65 body but the heads are too soft and round for my taste.

2. I'm glad that i'm not the only one who thinks that about the heads. I feel like since the SDF65 body is larger than the regular SDF body, the heads should be more mature... but in fact, it's the opposite. They look like young boys to me. I have plans to possibly get an SDF head on an SDF65 body because I'm looking to fill a more mature character. However, I think the SDF65 heads would look lovely on a delf body <3. I'm so glad that Luts allows us to do this!! :)

3. [MENTION=54261]Wennie[/MENTION] - Oh fabulous! Glad to hear a confirmation that they do fit well. :)

[MENTION=69382]ShaySugar[/MENTION] - I originally bought Ginger too, but then my Taeheo stole the body (his head is smaller) and that's when the hands started to look really really big.
      I think they'd look good with the bigger eyed/bigger headed dolls like Bliss, though, but the hands just look silly with my Taeheo. I need SDF hands for him asap. haha
      I would absolutely love to adopt your Dreaming Carmine head by the way, but I'm afraid I can't take on any more big doll purchases until later in the summer. >__<

[MENTION=59227]duskblue[/MENTION] - I feel that way too! I'm glad they have the option of adding the more mature SSDF and SDF heads, but a shame it's more money. XD
      I hope in the future they add more mature heads so I don't have to keep hybriding Switch boys (although I'm not really complaining). haha
      Actually, I do agree some of the SDF65 heads would look SO cute on the Delf body... omg. I might have to try that in the future. :aheartbea

4. Britt: Does switch NS match Luts NS? I may look into this!! I may be doing that too with the SDF65 head + delf body!!

5. I can't be 100% certain about new Switch resin, but my 2013 NS Taeheo matches that body like 90% - if not more. I wasn't even planning on keeping the head or hybriding him but it was a perfect match!

I apologize in advance if this is a little OT, but here he is on the 65 body:
      [​IMG]
      BJD+365 - Day 122 by Britt Miscast, on Flickr

With flash you can see the slight difference (body seems slightly yellower):
      [​IMG]
      I can't believe my eyes. by Britt Miscast, on Flickr

If anyone else is curious about the proportions and all, I can share more pictures too if it's allowed. I love this 65 body and am happy I finally found an excuse to keep it! :)

6. Love your boy Britt! Switch guys have such sharp/refined features that hands can be tricky.

I got the SDelf fist hands and the new revolver hands for my guy. I'm planning to do plenty of hand-focused shoots with him (he's a fighter) so there will be plenty of practical references once I get my guy (not that it helps people looking right now ^^;). I actually really like the big hands, but then I got a mature head for my guy. I've thought the childish look of the 65 boys a bit odd too, but they are cute (and I guess it's the same logic that goes into putting a cutesy girl face on a curvy body).

Oh, I qualified for two of the SDelf event heads as well. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but they should be fun to paint. :3

7. Thanks, Britt! looks like a pretty good match to me! I'd love to see a full body pic. And as far as I'm aware, it's okay to share pics here because his body is SDF65 :)

8. @Brit Glad to hear! OF course I won't be getting the event heads until somewhere middle or the end of autumn because my order for Luts is going to be quite large, but if and when I will get the head of Carmine I shall remember you :)

also you have a good point, ginger does have big eyes while the head I replaced his body with has way smaller eyes. I guess I'll just deal with the hands' size since they have blushing detail on them already :sweat

Duskblue are you going to get yourself a SDF65 head on a delf body? I'd love to see what it will look like!

9. I can confirm the resin match with new Switch resin is very good, I have a Ryun:R from early this year here and I checked :) About 95% I'd say!

Edit: been meaning to post this for ages! Here's a comparison between SSDF, SDF65 and SDF type 4. Some more pics are in the same Flickr set, my iPad won't allow to post them directly atm.

10. Wennie, thank you for those comparison pictures!! The SDF65 body completely works for my older character, just not the head. So I'll probably be doing some mixing and matching in the future XD

ShaySugar, I have at least 2 characters who are younger males that would be perfect with a delf body. I'm not sure I've really chosen their heads yet. I think an SDF65 head would work really well and it's a good possibility. There will definitely be some considering!

Edit: I think I figured it out. SDF65 heads are basically model delf heads enlarged. I was comparing Dion and Dion and I can't detect a difference.

So I just did a little photoshop comparison. I think they're exactly the same.

[​IMG]

11. They do looks exactly the same put together like this! It would make sense for them to enlarge a sculpt they already have, it saves a lot on the sculpting. I have big Avalanche and small Avalanche, but they don't look the same to me and the vig one was around first, so my guess is when they made the Model Delfs they did make new sculpts and for the SDF65 heads they're scaling them up. For those that exist in MDF size that is :)

12. I believe the SDF one is the same too. I just thought they were slightly different till I looked more closely.

Question: what size clothes fit SDF65 dolls? (If i'm not looking on the luts website)

13. @duskblue I went and picked my Carmine up yesterday and tried various outfits on him. He can fit into Sadol's SD17/Crobidoll R-line perfectly (not too big/small) and tata paradise's normal sd17 clothes however, the sleeves of the sd17 jacket is a bit too short... Also, Peakswoods' dandy clothes are a bit too small for him on the chest.

14. Thank you, reitsuki. That is a huge help as I plan my boy!

15. He looks absolutely INCREDIBLE on this body! Wow! :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

16. Hello~

I really love the look of the sdf65 body but I'm not sure if the Migidoll head I wanted to pair with it would fit well/proportional. If anyone has got any photos hybriding the two, I would really appreciate if you could share them with me. >w< Thank you!

17. I went to pick up my Carmine from my friend's house a couple of days ago (we did a large resin comparison...for anyone interested please visit my flickr ^ ^)
      There's Kanadoll Lune, Switch (Ryun.R) and Ramcube Lamu. From what I found Ramcube's skin color is the closest to Luts and the proportions are very good.

Kanadoll Lune

[​IMG]

Head a lot more yellow in photograph than in real life.

Switch Ryun. R

[​IMG]

Head is more yellow than body both in photograph and real life but is around 96-98% match.

Body Proportions (pardon the intense lighting from overhead..)

[​IMG]

Ramcube Lamu

[​IMG]

Body Proportions

[​IMG]
      @moshimellow My friend who has a Migidoll Ell head is coming to me tomorrow. I can ask her to bring Ell with her. ^ ^
      (Though head only body is not Migidoll's but is Pipos body so I can't compare with Migidoll's body... Sorry)

18. [MENTION=59227]duskblue[/MENTION] Thank you!! Here is a full body picture with clothing and another "head shot." I took it quick, I apologize it's not the most exciting photo ever. XD
      Also, regarding clothing, I can second that TATA's Paradise seems to be a good fit (he is wearing their shirt and sweater in the picture). Not sure about their pants, though. Milk+Honey BJD (shiroiyukiko) on Etsy makes these amazing harem pants that feel like they were made for the SDF65 body, which are what he's wearing. I definitely recommend those!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[MENTION=69382]ShaySugar[/MENTION] Thank you! Yes, please keep me in mind for the Dreaming Carmine. I would super love to have him. :aheartbea Yep, the small eyes definitely do it! I am not as bothered by the hands with my Taeheo head as I was initially, but definitely still going to try the SDF hands... haha

[MENTION=68934]reitsuki[/MENTION] Oh wow, thank you for the comparison photos! Ryun:R must be a different year or batch than my Taeheo because Taeheo seems to be slightly pinker than the body. But they all look amazing and very proportionate! ^^

[MENTION=9402]miffimifster[/MENTION] Thank you so much!! It was luck, honestly, but I hope more people will hybrid the Switch boys with this body because it is AMAZING and poses like a champ. :D

19. Thanks, Britt! I think I will go with tata's if possible. My problem is that I'm looking for a Regency outfit for him.... which feels almost impossible. I'm going to check out the commissioned threads at some point and see if there's anyone who can do it. BTW your boy looks great and those pants suit him!

20. [MENTION=68934]reitsuki[/MENTION] Oh my goodness thank you so much!! No that's perfect, I just wanted to see how the proportions work with Migidoll + SDF65 body and if the head fits well onto the neck! Thank you again!