1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf 65 Discussion Part 1

Dec 29, 2014

1. Oh!!! He doesn’t do the sitting thing that I was worried about (because my other two Luts dolls do it lol). Thank you so much, I am totally getting this body when I get another SDF65!!!

2. It truly is a beautiful body :blushI compared the image of the Muse body you showed, to a SDF65 slender body image, and the Muse body is more beautifully sculpted!

I can see now why it is called a Muse body XD I'm tempted to get my Diez on a Muse body instead, based on the way I am thinking of styling my Diez. I could make his character a genderless shapeshifter. He wouldn't be the first genderless shapeshifter I got. I do have a Rainman Su modded genderless, they are my Zodiac sign in a humanoid doll form.

There's another thing that makes me tempted to get a Muse body over a SDF65 slender body, and that is it is 1cm shorter. I know it's not all that much :lol:, but I don't really want another SDF65 body. At the moment, besides not wanting my dolls having duplicate, same body types, I want to have as much differences in height as I can between my different doll characters. Every cm counts, even it it's just one cm shorter :3nodding:

I won't be able to order a body for my Deiz head during this event, because of my Delf Dan order. But I'm glad I got some time to think this through. I thought I wanted the SDF65 slender body, but that 1 cm matters to me :lol:

Edit: Wait, now I got a bit confused about the measurements. It says on Luts site 64cm (head included), but right underneat it says 67cm. No matter what it is, I do like the idea of a tall, slender, genderless, shapeshifter elf character :)

#802 manabusama, Jun 29, 2023
      Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    3. @Ashel I'm glad you like it! I got this specific muse body: Senior Delf MUSE Body Type 2 Neck compatible version. I wanted to make sure the neck would be compatible with the event heads which can fit the Super Senior or Senior Delf bodies.

@manabusama The idea of a genderless elf is totally why I got this body! I wanted to be able to dress them up however they wanted - boy clothes, girl clothes, no clothes since there is no genitalia on display. My Elf Diez head is currently on the Muse body but I also have an Elf Carmine head who will share it with him.

4. I guess I should call my Diez "them" instead of he, since he have no gender. Or maybe he is a he, only that his sex is hidden, much like with some animals. Or maybe his species are genderless from birth, but they all have a sense of gender and freely can shapeshift into whatever gender they feel like at the moment. There's so many options XD

But I also want him to be able to have a wolf self. Like Timmain from Elfquest, she's one of the high ones. For so long she wandered the earth as a wolf, so she got lost in that shape for quite some time!

I still call him "he" although he is a genderless being, but his sense of self is that he's a he. I just have to go with that he's an elf and a wolf, just like Timmain is :)

Yes, genderless definitely gives a lot of opportunities when it comes to clothing, I love that as well :3nodding:

5. @manabusama You can call him a he! I was trying to be respectful of the body but I think mine is a he too. I love Elfquest! That would be a cool concept for your Diez!

6. Don't worry, it wasn't anything you said. I were just thinking out loud, because the opportunities are many with a body like that. Just trying to figure him out :) I'm very excited about creating this character, so I just blurt out any thought that came to mind :lol:

Long time Elquest fan here. But back when I first discovered the comic, finding their books weren't as easy as it is now. I used to borrow the books from the library when I were younger. I currently have an art book, but I'm thinking of buying the books now that I easily can find them in any online bookstore, including in my own country.

#806 manabusama, Jun 29, 2023
      Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    7. @manabusama Oh okay! Glad to help you create!

I used to get them from the library too! I also read it on their website - recently I bought them all digitally from Humble Bundle. I even met the creators at a recent comic convention! But I can tell you more about that in messages if you like haha!

8. I had many of the comics on Comixology, but then they sold their site to Amazon and it's just not the same anymore :| Cool :) Were Wendy and Richard both there? Well, you can tell me in a PM, it'll be fun to hear :3nodding:

And seeing some images of the Muse body really helped deciding. I have been into the idea of getting a Muse Jean before, but after a while I weren't so sure if a full Muse doll (head and body) were meant to be. But I'm glad I at least get the experience of having a Muse body to use with the event head, that'll be real cool!

9. @manabusama They were! Your inbox is full so I can't tell you more just yet haha.

I'm glad my photos were able to help you!

10. I didn't realize :sweatI've been longtime chatting through PM with someone, so that's what filled up the inbox XD But I fixed it now :)

#810 manabusama, Jul 1, 2023
      Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    11. @manabusama I've done that too! Thank goodness for Discord or other messaging avenues these days!

12. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I tried to find videos or info online, and I was unsuccessful. :sweat

How do you change the hands? I never had a doll whose hands weren't attached with a very obvious hook, but my SDF65 boy's hands seem have the cord looped right through them...

Like so: Photo link.

Tips? Advice? Am I missing something very obvious? :...(

13. Pull the hand away while keeping the wrist [half]ball against the wrist socket. The hand has a built-in resin hook around which the elastic is looped.

14. Oh, I see it now! Thank you!

The hook is very thick compared to my other dolls'. Is changing hands somewhat difficult...? I was considering blushing these hands and buying other ones, but I usually rely on the hooks being thin and easy to slip into the loop.

15. I have very poor hand strength and I haven't had any trouble changing the hands. I poke a little retainer made from plastic- coasted wire into the elastic loop so it doesn't shoot up into the arm while I remove the hand.

16. That's good to know! Thanks for your help! :aheartbea

17. My large Luts order shipped after just two and a half months. I'm shocked! I got a boy in the Rosy brown and a looot of extras and I haven't seen Luts ship that fast in a while. Definitely beats my dealer time with Divas (almost a year ><, but I know it's different). Last time I ordered direct they took longer than this too. Very excited

18. Hi! I was wondering, does anyone have Volks Bronze (like SD17 Regulus) to compare with any of the Luts tan resin colors (brown, light tan, or tan)? Thank you in advance!