1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Senior Delf Discussion Part IV

Apr 26, 2016

1. Quincey is absolutely lovely, and Luts did a great job with her makeup! SDF65 Shell is a stunner as well, I adore her eye shape. <3

Fortunately for my wallet, I'm just not a fan of the bigger girl bodies -- regular SDF is about the biggest I can really enjoy handling. Hopefully this BIGGER! TALLER! kick Luts is on won't go on forever. :lol:

2. I totally agree, the new sculpts are very pretty but I'm not interested in the bigger bodies, and hope they turn some attention to their regular senior delfs again soon. I have a picture of my Diez W head (which is meant for the new bodies) on an SDF type 2 body I can post later, if anyone's interested.

3. Oh I would be very very interested in seing how that looks.
      Out of all the SDF girl bodies I like type 5 the most. At least aesthetically. But the fact that it has single jointed knees makes me hesitate. I mean all my 1/3 dolls have single jointed knees and none of them are great posers but I'd really really like to gave a pretty 1/3 body that's also a good poser. That sounds like the jackpot.
      And as I love taking pictures of my dolls I care about poseability.

4. Here my Diez W head is on an SDF type 2 body next to two other Luts SDF girls (Erzsi is a type 7, Agnes is a type 2 as well). Both the body and the head are NS, the body's from February 2020 and the head's from this summer. Sorry for the lighting and posing, it was just quick snaps with my phone in winter light. I'm planning on getting a body from another company for her, though I haven't decided which yet.

[​IMG]20211123_225944 by Dreadromantic, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      Luts Diez W on SDF 2 body
      by Dreadromantic, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      20211123_230043

[​IMG]20
      211123_225530

[​IMG]
      IMG_4149

5. Thank you so much for posting these pictures. Your Diez W looks absolutely stunning. I love how you style your girls. It actually looks so much better than I feared. If I was planning to get a NS doll I feel like it could work on a LM Harmony body that has a slightly wider neck and is a good color match for Luts. Not that they are the greatest posers but they look super nice at least.
      And I feel like depending on the wig (and angle) that gap in neck size could be hidden pretty well.

How do you feel about the head movement?

6. The head movement wasn't great. It wasn't as bad as a Volks head on the same body, but it was noticeably looser than the original head.

If you do end up getting a head + an LM body, definitely post pictures! It's going to be 6-7 months before I order the body, but right now I'm looking at Doll Family H and Telesthesia & Dragon as possible options.

7. I actually have a SDF summer event head from 2012 on a LM Harmony body. I will need to take a picture where you can see the neck/head connection properly. This one is the best one I found and it's not exactly great.

[​IMG]

She's the NS doll in the middle. There is definitely a gap similar to the one on your pictures. It's just not visible from the front. And her new style and wig hides the gap completely.

[​IMG]

I will have to measure how wide the neck hole is as I can't find the measurements on Luts' homepage but as it's meant to go on a male SDF body I imagine it's wider than a regular female SDF head.

Edit: LM lists their Harmony body as having a neck circumference of 9cm which is the same measurement that Luts gives for the SDF type 8 body. I am actually pretty confident it would work. My only problem is I would prefer to get one of the tan resin colors so there's no color match available.

8. Anyone else have plans for the winter event head if they get it? I'm really smitten with him and already have a character in mind.

9. Hi, I don't have either of those models specifically, but I just received my Noelia Senior Delf body type 5 2 joint torso with heel legs & extra heel feet a few days ago.

The bodies are slightly loosely strung compared to like T&D, but they will stand on heel feet just fine, and plant like a... plant with flat feet! the posing is great, though the 2 joint torso does like to slide around. If you are really into detailed posing I would recommend buying the actual heel feet to go along with the lower leg heeled feet.

The normal "heeled feet" are the lower leg parts, so the ankles do not have a joint (it's like a hook system). They are great for posing as the doll is more stable, but obviously you cannot rotate the ankles. I bought both the normal heel feet (lower legs) and the actual heel feet (feet) pieces for my body, both have their uses!

I hope this is kind of helpful!

10. Hi, I think this was directed towards me? Thank you so much for the review ❤️!

11. I think I'm planning to get the KDF head and I just love how they did the faceup on her! No plans yet but in the future I think I'm gonna get her a KDF45 or model Delf body.

12. @seramoonie The KDF event head is super adorable too. I had a hard time choosing between the two but in the end decided I wanted a twin brother for the girl I plan on buying. :)

13. It was, I am still new (and bad) at this sorry. :XD:

14. The other head they had looked so beautiful as well! I'm excited for you!

Haha dw me too!

15. I finally ordered a senior delf Chloe! been on the fence about her for a while but I finally took the plunge.

16. Just finished a 6-month layaway on SDF Niya!! I'm soo impatient waiting for word from denver doll telling me when she's ready to ship, I want her noww :...( but at the same time, I do still need to buy her eyes and wig

17. Niya is such a cute sculpt. I hope you'll receive yours soon :)
      Can't wait to see more Niyas ! :love

Here's mine ^_^
      [​IMG]

18. @kulukala I love Niya's expression. Such a lovely sculpt. And your Niya is soooo pretty! Her black hair matches her brown eyes very nicely. :D:love

19. your Niya is stunning! Mine will have a similar style with dark hair and brown eyes, so we'll have a matching pair lol. I wanted a look very close to her promo photos as they're what made me fall in love with her, I love the sporty look they gave her in those photos!