1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Smokey Quartz MiniFe Shiwoo

Aug 13, 2010

1. No, I'd say they cast him before the split in order to release him... and then put him in cold storage until now and have dragged him out for the 10th Anniversary.

2. I hope that means there's still a decent amount of them. Regardless of the history, I'd really like to think that people who really want the doll can get a chance to buy him.

I'm hoping that Luts will announce something about him over the weekend so we all know what's going on and how limited he might be (hopefully not TOO limited! XD).

Do you think he'll only be sold as a fullset or will they sell him blank? I'm not sure about luts as I've never ordered from them before...

3. Lulu: Let's not get ahead of ourselves and give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Fairyland believes that the name is a typo because obviously, there is no Siwoo sculpt made by Fairyland. I'm sure that Luts will give their side of things and details and that this is all a misunderstanding brought on by a typo.

However, if it isn't a typo... I don't know what to say or think about that one. D:

EDIT: Don't want to do the dreaded double post thing. Gridbug, I'm thinking that since he's in the Delf Art category, he'll probably be a fullset and he'll probably have a nice price tag to go along with him, especially since prices were raised at Luts due to the shift in the economy recently. Again, pure speculation here as I don't know for sure what Luts plans on doing with this boy.

4. I should have enough to cover it in my bank account (hopefully)... and I do like his make up - unlike the last tan doll Luts put out. I could handle a fullset of him really. I like how casual he seems to look. ^__^ I'm going to be waiting anxiously for his release.

5. It will probably be a super limited amout since tan has the tendency to be tricky. looking at the last delf arts, Annette Frost was 20, the Anhel Dion was 10, lolita soony only THREE! Same for the Romeo MNF El and Juliet MNF Shushu.

I don't expect there to be more than 3 of these guys, MAYBE 5.

6. Forbidden I want to give them the benefit of the doubt on this, but even if it IS a typo, Fairyland have outright said it's nothing to do with them, so Luts have held onto old tan castings of a Fairyland/CP sculpt and are about to sell it. At best, that's ODD, at worst, they're selling dolls cast in a tan resin they KNOW to be unstable. It just all seems very, very like a dig at Fairyland to me, which is disappointing after all the history between them seemed to have been laid to rest.

7. Yep, he's bound to be super limited, which is why I said it might be harder for the hunters. *sigh* If anyone here manages to get him ( that isn't me ), please spam him.

I do like his faceup a lot, Gridbug, unlike the last Luts tan release. I just didn't like anything about that, personally and I love tan dolls.

Lulu: You do have a point there. I'm going to quote part of my communication with Fairyland on the subject below:
      So the point you raise was pretty much stated directly by Fairyland, bolded by myself for emphasis.

It does seem a bit... I don't know which word to use so I'll just call it wrong? To sell something that was originally going to be/supposed to be returned.

8. He's pretty, but here's one major concern on my part. There was never a MNF Shiwoo tan release. So is the tan just airbrushed on to a WS or NS doll?

9. Oh no, there was a tanned Shiwoo release a long time ago, along with El, Lishe, Chiwoo, and Soo (I think those are it). They're rare and hard to come by these days but they did exist.

10. I had to consult the way back machine and it looks as though there really was never a MiniFee Shiwoo tanned release. I see Soo, El, Lishe and Chiwoo, but no Shiwoo. Unless he came after all the other tanned MiniFee releases.

11. Forbidden and now Luts gets to sell it as an 'art release LE', slap an epic price tag on it and claim they're doing nothing wrong. Yeah, this is me pretty much done with Luts now I think, whichever way they're working this, they're shafting CP/Fairyland royally AGAIN and once was enough for me. What a waste of a once beautiful partnership.

12. >.< I'm not a huge Shiwoo fan, but this little one is adorable. I'm curious how many are going to be released and if it would be worth me grabbing one or not.

13. I hope they don't have the really horrible green problem that others had though - if they really are that old! O_o;;; I mean I really want to buy him, but I'm not sure how I'd handle it if the resin was that unstable...

14. Forbidden, I checked again as well and I could have sworn there was one. Oh well. That might have been wishful thinking on my part. ;)

15. No, you were just wrong. :daisy

So, again, that raises the question of whether this is really a tanned-resin doll or if he's been airbrushed/dyed/etc.

16. It really looks bad, I know, but Fairyland didn't seem too upset about it. *sigh* I really want to know what Luts will say about the situation and I hope they don't try to make him too expensive because that would make things look even worse for him.

You know, since there was never a tanned MiniFee Shiwoo released, I'm wondering where this Shiwoo is coming from. I doubt they'd cast such a popular sculpt just to hold onto it to release later. And even if it was old stock, that would mean that the dolls have been casted and have been sitting for awhile so there could be greening issues. Is it that they still have access to the Shiwoo mould or whatever and casted him for the sake of selling him? Or is he just airbrushed/dyed as raised by mosaicwolf?

Somehow I am now even more curious than I was before, which is bad because my brain is already overworked and exhausted.

17. Wow.. well I'm going to wait for Luts' statement on this. Too much speculation can blow things out of proportion before all the facts are known (usually at least).

I really hope it's not just airbrushed though - that would be a serious disappointment.

18. Yes, I was and that was what I was saying. There's no need to be rude. :daisy

19. From what fairyland said, it strongly suggests he was cast and ready for release... but CP broke it off before they had a chance to release him officially. From the sounds they are old stock.
      My Tan Delf Shiwoo came to me very very recently and he's never changed in colour and according to the previous owner, was bought new, didn't really like and just put him back and kept him in the box. The yellowing-greening process is inevitable, but veeeeery slow if they're kept out of light. So I gather they'd be old ones cast in the tan resin.

Raises an interesting question though, what ELSE do they have? I know an elf Lishe was planned in MiniFee but was never completed because of the break....

20. It's entirely possible these are dolls that Luts had had made and never had a chance to release due to the falling out, or, for all we know, they have worked out some agreement with Fairyland to release. Fairyland/CP still casts the Delfs for Luts as the resin is completely different from all of their other lines. It's a bit ridiculous to start accusing Luts of stealing molds or recasting when they never made the Minifee to begin with.

I have a friend who owns an original run Tanning Lishe who has never greened/yellowed/changed colour, and this doll has seen a fair amount of play.