1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Smokey Quartz MiniFe Shiwoo

Aug 13, 2010

1. I don't think anyone's accusing them of recasting and such, 'just' questionable business practices involving the resale of goods Fairyland have openly said they were expecting BACK.

2. This.

Also, I recieved my Tan El about a month after he was first released (I ordered him two days after luts put him up for sale). He was also the first tan doll Luts ever made. He has never turned any other color than tan nor has his neck cracked. The neck issue was a risk with all of the delfs who were strung too tighty with the neck piece they had released with the tan dolls and was later used in all type twos. The greening and neck cracking were isolated incidents. You can still trounce about the forum and find plenty of current pictures of luts tans that look great.

Another thing, when did all of this hostility arise over Luts? I know the story of the split, that happens with millions of companies out there (not just doll ones) but what else have they done for people's blood to boil over the thought of them? :(

3. Why is he adorable?!?!?! I never found Shiwoos adorable until now. :o

4. Good point.

Fairyland seem perfectly fine with the release. No one knows the full story, it was possible that should Luts have given them back, Fairyland may have destroyed them as they just don't do those super limited releases, so instead, they requested to keep and sell thm as art dolls.

I think people get so wound up because looking at it with NO knowledge of how or why they split (and they're pretty close lipped on it) it LOOKS like big bad business meanies versus poor starving artists. I'm a big believer of not judging without the details, and seeing fairyland still cast the Delfs, the evidence is actually pointing more towards a quite amicable agreement. Most likely they split due to creative differences. Luts wanted one thing, CP wanted something else. Contracts made when they were both setting up and saw the partnership being permanant left the Delfs with Luts, while the less solid miniFee contract left with CP. *shrugs* just my take on it

5. Is possible the 'Tan' was the Cyber Shiwoo that was released. He is a much deeper color that the standard LUTS WS, but he is not quite tan.

6. I'm just going to bump up this quote for you guys to see so you can stop saying they're stealing xD

And you can definitely tell he's pre-FL. The way the arms are bending suggests that he is definitely a B-line body. :)

7. But isn't a Cyber Shiwoo a Delf?

8. Cyber Shiwoo was indeed a delf. ^_^ I almost bought him when he was released.

He also was not a tan doll. He was just a fullset Shiwoo.

9. My first doll was a Delf El Tan and I've had him for 3+ years now? His color is the same it was the day I got him, probably the best tan I've ever seen. Ever.

Bah Delf Art, anyone take a guess on his price range? I wonder if they'll offer layaway for him.

10. Obviously I can't speak for anyone else on where the hostility comes from, but personally, the little hissy fit Luts threw quite publically after the split in which they attempted to get everyone to start calling their Delfs 'Luts Delf' instead of the standard moniker of 'CP Delf' left an extremely bad taste in my mouth and certainly meant my views on Luts changed pretty heavily. Perhaps I'm not alone in that.

11. As I was reading through this I was so confused too. I swore there was a Tanned Shiwoo... turns out it was Delf, didn't click in my head. Oh, memories, you play funny jokes.

12. Yep. There's a tan minifee Soo in the house (my daughter's) who is just as beautiful as the day we got her ... at LEAST 3 years ago now. Gorgeous little thing, she is.

And there was a tan big Shiwoo. One of which is sitting behind me :) He's also just as beautiful as he was... (in spite of an accident with fingers, weep...) But yeah, Cyberdude was just a cool fullset.

13. Nope.

As others have said, the Cyber Bohemian was a Delf. Not only that, he was regular Normal skin... not tanned or anything at all exotic. (I've played host for one that belonged to another local owner. He was exactly the same resin type as my standard Type 1 NS Shiwoo. He just came with a very spiffy outfit. ^_^)

Also, re: Luts for the poster who asked... I think most of the lingering hostility has to do with the little hissy fit their rep pitched a few years ago. If you look around the forum, I'm sure you can find re-posts of the statements that were made... They were really uncalled-for and seriously rubbed many of us who've been following CP for quite awhile the wrong way.

On the actual subject of the thread... As much as I like keeping my "one of each" Shiwoo collection current, I'm not sure I'm going to try for this little guy. I have a tanned Delf Shiwoo, and while he hasn't cracked or turned green, CP tans do seem to be more fragile than their NS or BW counterparts, and knowing that has had a strong impact on how much I'm willing to handle Karru.

I don't need yet another "cabinet baby" I'm terrified of scratching or having break a finger. >_>

14. Actually, that bothered me too. There's a lot I don't know about the current situation between CP and Luts, so I don't want to overspeculate. However, the business with the rep did end up coloring the way I view Luts. Perhaps that's an overreaction on my part, I don't know, but at a gut level it just didn't feel right. All the dolls I have from Luts were purchased when they were still working with CP, and I still consider them to be CP dolls as it wasn't until the rep got upset that there was anything to suggest that Luts had been anything other than a distributor of sorts.

On a gut level, this business with Luts suddenly selling a minifee feels pretty weird too. However, I don't think there's enough information to really cry foul on this yet. It will be interesting to see how everything pans out.

15. Oooh, lots of talky-talkiness while I napped. :)

Lazulistar, Hmm, that's a good question... I decided to consult my friend the way back machine once again, and unfortunately there is no record of how much the MiniFee Delf Art packages sold for. Perhaps they sold so quickly that the page with the pricing never got archived? However, the point amount shows as 6.70 which suggests to me that they were sold for 670.00.

The tanned MiniFee were sold at 415.00 and this is a Delf Art doll AND a tan, so he'll probably have a nice price tag on him. I wonder how many they're releasing.

Also, looking at the image of the Shiwoo/Siwoo even the image file is named Siwoo, perhaps even Asiwoo. Is it possibile that the typo was made twice or that there is no typo and he's really going to be called a Siwoo? *_* Sooo many questions...

16. Agreeing with this completely. I'm not going to jump to conclusions or anything yet... it just kind of made me go "huh"? It seems so out-of-place and was something I'd never expected.

I love my MNF Shiwoo Elf/Vamp twins, and had planned on getting one of each version of MNF Shiwoo... (I've always envisioned a little zany army of MNF Shiwoos). I'd love to add this guy to the group, but there is no way I'm going to be able to snag him. Aside from the "Shiwoo-hunting experience"... Even if he was the "standard" tan MNF $415, that's just not in my budget right now.

Good luck to those of you out hunting, and hopefully I'll see some picspamming later! ;)

17. Well, seeing this release in the news section sure made me scratch my head! :lol: Sure is a cute little guy though. <3

I think that Taco said well what I am thinking on this matter. If Luts and FL were known to be all friendly and nice with each other, I probably wouldn't think this is as strange as I do -- heck, unrelated doll companies have even been known to collaborate with each other from time to time! But based on their record it does make me wonder.

Who knows though? I am sure many people will be happy for the opportunity to snag this cutie though, and I wish everyone hoping for one luck. ^^

18. Oh, he IS pretty! I've always loved the tanned dolls. I've heard those horror stories, too, but I have a tanned Dark Elf Soo that is a little under four years old. So far, she is still perfectly tan, no greening, and no signs of cracking anywhere on her body. Of course, I'm VERY careful to keep her out of direct sunlight, so I'm sure that helps, too.

As for Shiwoo/Siwoo, he's really gorgeous. Still, the only minifee I really want are the ones with elfy ears, so as long as he doesn't have those I can resist, tanned or not. heh heh

19. I actually have to wonder.. how do we know he's tan? To me, the photo looks like it's color - his eyes and jacket show blue. Is it possible he's grey? Considering the possibility of Luts having held on to a bunch of tan MNF Shiwoos, it doesn't seem like a totally impossible chance that he's been cast in grey.

Again, like with any doll, one cannot know anything for certain until the release is done and Luts makes their statement (if at all).

20. Luts always messes with their pictures before a release. It just looks desaturated to me so of course if you have the grey element to it. Saturate the picture and he's tan, which looks quite nice actually--

[​IMG]