1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Twins Geoffrey and Fia Senior Delf Limited Discussion

Nov 7, 2008

1. Gahhh, I just looked at Geoffrey on Luts' site, and that sweet, childish, Chiwoo-like face with those big veiny Senior Delf hands...what on earth could they be thinking :?? I've been waiting and waiting for a mid-20s-looking sculpt to match with my Delf Moon, and they're putting out children's faces on adult bodies :ablah:.

EDIT: So he reminds you of Chiwoo too, Dybbuk? I always thought Chiwoo was just a touch too young to be believable as a Delf (he makes a much better Minifee), but Geoffrey as a Senior Delf looks ridiculous.

2. I'm really surprised about Geoffry given how much everyone ohs and ahs over Azure and Ethan. I would have thought more people would jumped for him. (And why does everyone comment about the SDF boy hands? They aren't THAT big.)

I think this sculpt has some of the best lips yet, nicely shaped and full.

3. Don't get me wrong; I love the Geoffery/Fia head sculpt and I'm a big fan of the Senior Delf body sculpts.

I just find that the Senior Delf girls are more successful because while the body is mature the heads and bodys have the same soft lines. The only Senior Delf guy that's really suited the chisled boy body has been the most masculine looking one - Abadon. The other boys have soft baby-fat faces and the heads seem to be getting younger and younger looking with each release. Geoffry is the chibiest looking Senior Delf boy head so far so it really stands out. Why not put a Chiwoo head on a Super Senior Delf? It look silly. Geoffery is almost that out of place.

If Geoffery had been a regular Delf boy, I would have bought him in a second. And it's too bad the real skin resin doesn't match the resin used for Delf, so it's not an option. :(

4. I'm not so sure about SDF girls being more successful, idrisfynn. I've only seen 3 Camillas on DoA, and half the Annettes are boys. Online and at cons, I have a lot more people running up to see my SDF boy than my girl. Sad but true.

I do agree that Abadon is the most mature, manly sculpt of the SDFs. I really think it has to do with his nice, sharp jawline. I do wish that the Delfs would be made in Real Skin too. It's such a lovely resin.

I don't think Geoffrey looks as chubby as a Chiwoo in the other pics of him on the Luts site, modeling the hats and the check shirt. It is a baby face, but it still looks proportional to his body.

So the issue really is that there isn't another SDF body type, like a slimmer "model" body, for the baby-faced boys, and not so much an issue with them being baby-faced?

5. [SIZE="-10"]I suppose you would be an expert on this, seeing as how you have so many Senior Delfs. ^^ I have to say that I agree with you as Azure, Ethan, and Cian all seem too "cute" for the Senior Delf boy body in my opinion. But they're pretty popular it seems.

I also agree with you about the lips. I am in love with those lips! Also, it seems that someone else has purchased a Fia from the English site. No one has bought Geoffrey yet. [/SIZE]

6. What a cute pair these two are! The lips are a bit full for my taste but that might be the faceup as I really like them on Fia. Overall they are both darling! I do agree that Geoffrey would look better on a less buff, manly body than the SDF body. ^^; He seems a little more gentle and young than even Azure and Cian to me. I think that faceup is particularly gentle looking though, which really contributes to his sweet and young look. I'd love to see what people do with him!

I saw someone with a Cian on a B&G NS body, and IMHO it looked great. If I wanted this boy I'd probably just do a body swap, as the SDF boy bodies are lovely for other heads too. :)

7. I certainly wouldn't call myself an expert on SDFs by any means, Forbidden. At this point I think I'm lazy and don't want to buy different sized dolls and worry that the clothes/wigs/shoes I have wouldn't fit them. :sweat I do love the SDF girl body and how well it poses, and hope that they will offer the SDF type 2 boy body on future sculpts.

I have ended up buying a Fia, so I hope to have pics and a more-informed opinion when she arrives. ;)

8. Woot woot! finally a discussion going on XD

blackwingsblackheart: Yes...his baby face reminds me of a Chiwoo in a way. He's the Chiwoo of the SDF...just a LITTLE too cute for the bod. XD

Emberens: lol....SDF hands are huge to me. XDDD even though they were my first dolls too...in comparison to many companies....they're giant. XD Gorgeous, but giant. BTW congrats on buying a Fia!! <3 can't wait to see her ;)

I still think Geoffry is way more 'baby-ish' than an Ethan. With the right faceup...Ethan can look older. Azure and Cian i can see be grouped with Geoffry, but I've seen some manly Cian's every now and then. XDDD I'll admit that Azure looks like a baby though. XDDDD My boy isn't quite manning up the way I thought he would. ><;

Abadon definitely works that SDF bod well...but i'm kinda biased and think Dion's and Frey's do too. XDDD The rest of the lot though could use some smoother less buffed up bods...but I do love the SDF body regardless. Granted the head mold *should* be a good match. :/

9. I want their outfits~ I think they're both really nice looking overall. I generally like a youthful look to my dolls, and they have gorgeous lips.

10. Yeah, finally a bit of discussion. :)

Dybbuk: I know the hands are a bit big... but why does everyone keep mentioning it? Maybe I've been around too many 70 cm boys. And thanks about Fia, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy delivery.

Certainly Geoffrey has chubby cheeks, but I don't think the deer-in-the-headlights eyebrows help. I think a sharper eyebrow, a la Frey or Abadon, would give his face a much different look. I'd love to see someone get one and give it a new faceup.

I do want to say I am happy to see SDF full sets being offered from Luts, even though the head mold for this one might not have been a good fit. Maybe this is some of the feedback from the questionaire and we can see more fun stuff like this in the future.

11. Emberens: I think everyone keeps mentioning it because for this mold, and even some others like Azure and Cian...the hands don't even fit with the head. The hands look out of proportion with Geoffry's head because he head is really small and cute, BUT he's got these gigantic man hands...and it does look a bit funny. XD I've yet to see hands as big as SDF on other SD boys~~ i wonder if there is a size comparison thing out there, but I know when i took my first boy to a meet for the first time..one of the first things everyone sort of mentioned was how huge his hands were XD

I agree with a new faceup he could look a lot better. The overall expression given to him by those brows doesn't help with the softness of the sculpt at all. :/

Is it me guys or does Geoffry and Fia look like they have open mouths???
      http://www.eluts.com/frontstore/Ite...art_id=lutsdoll&level=&mother_catalog_num=384
      The profile view especially!! @.@ I love open mouths...XDD

12. I think idrisfynn meant that the sculpt as a complete doll was more visually successful, not commercially successful. :)

I'd agree that a slimmer type of boy body would be great for the younger SDF heads. Or an a la carte/full choice system which would allow the buyer to select head, body and resin type from all of the Luts offerings. That would be ideal! :D

13. I'm pondering getting the both of them for me and my fiance- he likes the girl, and I think the boy is darling for a boy or a girl doll. :P They'd be our first limiteds, too!

14. I'm not sure I like them. I mean..the senior delf body is pretty masculine and the geoffrey looks like a little kid. O_o Dunno.

15. Dybbuk: Maybe Luts will release some more SDF hands in the future. They've already released 2 other types, and based on how many there are for the Delfs, there's a chance of more for the SDFs. Although they're probably just going to be different positions instead of being slimmer.

I was hoping that the new SDF boy body would be different from the original ones, but other than the joints, it looks the same. Does anyone who has the new boys know if this is right or not? Luts says the body "is modified slightly."

If Geoffrey's mouth is more open that I thought, that would be even better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for when I see my Fia.

St. James: I agree that idrisfynn's comment about "being successful" might have been a bit ambigious about what it is refering to. I wanted to comment that based on my observations on DoA and in my local community, SDF girls aren't as popular as SDF boys.

Also, with the problems Luts has been having with white resin, I don't expect too many new sculpts to be offered in white skin in the near future. I'm more than happy to be mistaken if they do. I was just admiring my white skin boy today.

16. St. James has it right. I was only addressing the visual aspect of the dolls. I find the girls more visually successful than the boys.

17. oh~ I just popped in and it seems that there are some interesting discussion going on. :)

I'm liking Geoffrey a lot and I think that he'll go well with Frey (who I plan to buy somewhere in the far future LOL ) . I dont like his faceup because it looks too soft and gentle. But with the right faceup, I'm sure he can achieve a different look...but dunno if I want to wipe that faceup off if I paid for it... XD;

Dybbuk, they both look like they have opened mouths to me as well.

As this discussion of SDF boys looking mostly like boys, it looks like the SDF body was originally created using Abadon's head as a prototype. But Bliss has been successful, Dion and Ethan as well, so it looks like they decided to make boys instead.

Also Geoffrey is being released on a type 1 SDF body with a special neck piece. In September when Luts released a 2nd edition of Dion and Cian, they said that all dolls made afterwards would be on type 2 bodies. And that the heads will not fit on type 1. I think Luts is trying to see if the new head molds made for type 2 is going to fit type 1 bodies with the neck mechanism. that - or they originally made a Fia head and decided to plop it on a boy body to see if it'll work and sell too. LOL ( because there are lots of female turned male SDF here as you guys have mentioned, maybe they wanted to make it convienent for those people? it's a good idea tho )

Again, these are just speculations. XD;

Personally, I dont mind the SDF body looking masculine because my boys will wear clothes most of the times.

As for the hands, they do look huge, but again, there are other hands in optional parts that look less gigantic. XD;

I think if people want mature heads to match with mature bodies, then the SSDF boys would be the ones who'd have them. Personally, they dont look that mature considering their age is supposedly 24 (and compared to other companies making 24 year olds, Luts SSDF definitely looks younger XD; )

But maybe Luts sensed that, because in their survey, they did ask about head molds...so if you answered the questionnaire, then maybe it'll give them an idea of what type of molds to make next. But if most people didn't care or were content with the current youthful looks then maybe they'll keep it. Who knows?

Anyways, I'm glad that it'll take awhile for Geoffrey to sell because then I'll have time to save. It was the same with Ethan and Cian too. Unfortunately, I missed out on Ethan (decided to get Luwens cuz their numbers were lower, but who knew they'd last this long? -_-; ), lets hope this does not happen to Geoffrey. >_>;

18. I also likeGeoffrey, damn cute. I actually don't mind his mature body... bah, I like it!:) My Geoffrey - most likely - would be an adult (in his early twenties), just with a pretty childlish face... kinda a lost guy, less mature and grown up than he would like to be... I would like to buy Geoffrey, but can't right now, as I still have to pay 50% of my DZ Wilka (it seems I have a soft spot for cute guys in little black hats??XD)... not seeing any owner's pics doesn't help, too:(

19. I just ordered Fia. She's so cute and pouty, she's going to make such a great little bitchy character. I'm so excited.

I really wasn't planning on buying a girl doll any time soon. When I first saw the twins, I thought about getting Geoffery; but he's just sooooo girly looking. I just couldn't imagine him on a boy body. So Fia it was.

20. i like fia :) im not feeling the head as a boy though.