1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Man Parts - How Important Are They?

Feb 22, 2012

1. I want them to have something. Just a little something, no matter how unrealistic looking to make a little bump in the underwear, to show that they are indeed men.
      When it's too realistic/detailed, I find it awkward :sweat but I got so used to my dolls having something that if they don't it feels... Empty xD
      But since I don't plan on taking pictures of them naked or use their junk as drawing model, I don't need it to be realistic and honestly it makes me uncomfortable...

2. Firstly, for the terminology of male genitalia discussion- It's a penis. Guys have 'em, there's no reason the word should be offensive. It's just a body part like what anyone else has. I'm all for the use of other terms, and I often use them (many of them in day-to-day conversation. In part, I blame Juno), but we're specifically talking about genitalia here, so I think penis is a safe term. If it's going to offend someone, they should probably avoid this topic all together.

Lelite and adhara made some excellent points about size and testicles, by the way. I'm rather glad someone brought those things up! (No pun intended.)

And onto the questions...

1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

Honestly, it's pretty important. One thing I cannot stand is when it looks like a tic-tac stuck onto the body. Dollzone has them, and so doesn't my MSD hybrid with the old style B&G body. On the other hand, my Resinsoul Long has a gloriously crafted penis- nicely shaped, I mean, but not really on the large side in comparison to his body. It's not the size that counts (and it's not like he can use it), it's the shape that's important to me.
      I like a nicely sculpted, shapely penis (I'm just as picky about breasts in that regard, however that's another topic), but the size I'm not so concerned with. In general, guys (I use loosely since the age range I'm talking about) acquire the size of their penis by puberty, which is, on average, between 12 and 15. Jailbait, technically, and as adhara said, there is a wide range of sizes of un-erect penises. AND, THAT can even vary depending on things! It's actually pretty realistic that it ranges like this in resin as well.

2. Does it upset you when the BJD company or forum members censor the man parts when posting pictures of male BJD sculpts?

It bothers me when I'm looking to buy the doll (as indicated in my answer above). I know photobucket deletes photos like that (although I don't think Flickr does, for those of you looking for an easier way that "racing Photobucket"). I can understand why it gets censored though, so it doesn't particularly bother me.

3. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?

It's never 100% a determining factor, since I don't plan on oggling his man-bits on a daily basis or anything, so no, it's never been a variable in the decision whether to purchase or not.

3. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

My collection is focused on female dolls. I just have one male (Delf El) that I got years ago. At this point, I am looking to add an adult male BJD to my group. I want this doll to have somewhat realistic vs. stylized sculpting, so I'd like the "manhood" aspect of the sculpt to be realistic as well. Now, I am not too concerned with size as much as I'm concerned with the overall aesthetics. For example, an overly realistic musculature paired with a very under-sculpted genitals would look odd to me. Similarly, a stylized body with an extremely realistic and detailed genitalia would be equally as odd. So yes, it's important, but only in the sense that it looks good with the rest of the body.

2. Does it upset you when the BJD company or forum members censor the man parts when posting pictures of male BJD sculpts?

It doesn't upset me. If people choose to sensor those parts, it's their choice to do so. For companies, I understand that it may simply be a business decision in order to not offend some of their customers, though I do wish there was an option of seeing the entire body uncensored - I want to see what I am buying. Personally, I am not offended by nudity - it's the natural state of our bodies and there's nothing shameful about it. But, that's a whole other can of worms.

3. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?

No. I bought El because I liked his overall sculpt. I probably won't purchase a doll with a detachable penis, though, because I don't want to have to deal with the possibility of losing an integral part of the dolls anatomy :lol:

4. Oh no, I wasn't talking about you! I was talking about the company discussion that I got scared out of. It was a new body and rather than discussing anything about the sculpt or joints it was just nonstop penis talk (talking about it and dwelling on it are two different levels). And hey, we're all a little weird and creepy here XD

5. I do have to say, if I had known beforehand, I may not have purchased the new Dollshe Pure body due to penis size. It's enormous, and protruding, and if my doll was going to be David Bowie as the Goblin King, I'd say it was just right. The old body was not modest in any way, but this one is truly, um... well, he's popular with the ladies.

Generally, I agree with Lelite. The overall realism in body sculpt should be consistent. A 'tic-tac' or 'haggis' would look odd on an Idealian, just as Mr. Dollshe's notorious extra sausage would be completely discongruous on a smooth, soft CP boy. I do think they correlate well to the breasts on female dolls - big ones, small ones, and 90% of 'em still don't look right. It's an idealized version of the anatomy it represents, and every artist is entitled to their interpretation.

But seriously, I don't give it a great deal of consideration. As long as there's enough there to prove to a doubting comrade that my doll really *is* a boy, that's all anyone really needs, right?

6. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

***I'm pretty sure the OP is using the "manhood" term as a euphemism for male genitalia and not equating that with manhood as a whole, btw. Although, interesting to know how some people don't find the term very PC. Personally, a lot of terms like those aren't PC... ***

Anyway-- the sculpting of the male genitals on a doll isn't all that important. I do agree with most everyone, that it's not wonderful if the sculpting is... anything close to haggis-like!... but I don't mind if it's more suggested than really detailled, or a little too big or too small, etc. I want it to be there, and look somewhat like what it should be, and that's good enough for me.

It would be nice to be able to see all the details of a sculpt one is buying from a doll company, although I do understand that some people might have objections and some countries might have laws against it.

I HATE that photobucket is so uber-fixated on doll genitalia that it takes down photos of it. I think it's STUPID that anyone would find doll parts objectionable... even real body parts. Guys go about with these objectionable things every day of their lives, after all. I think if people don't want to see sex acts, that's one thing... but dolls aren't physically capable of that, so I think it's a bit ridiculous. But we live in a strange world... so what can I say?

As for posting photos of your own dolls--sure--do what you want. That goes without saying.

No. Mostly because I usually get to see blurred photos before buying! Heh. Not really. It just has never been an issue. I suppose if I saw that the guy's sausage looked like a haggis, then I may have a bit of a problem, though! As others have said, again, bad sculpting there usually is a part of bad sculpting elsewhere, so that would give me a pause. If it's JUST his penis and it can be fixed easily, then I doubt I'd have a problem. I don't have my dolls lying about nude a lot, so it's not really a priority to have those parts be a certain way...

7. The OP did clarify that in another post on the previous page. ^^

The cultural aspect is a really good point, I hadn't thought of that! I can completely see why people would want to censor that though - especially since you don't know the age of those that might stumble across it, or are in the hobby and looking at photos.

Personally, I like to see what I'm buying though, so I can see both side of the censorship argument.

Photobucket, however, I do not appreciate. If it's up on your account, they should leave it alone. It's A DOLL, they aren't real, functional parts or anything! Although, there is one BJD I've seen who has a strung penis that can pop out...

8. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      Not important whatsoever. I really don't care what it looks like. Of course, I'd probably rather have it there then nothing at all. I'd prefer it to be as not-detailed as possible. They're dolls, and I don't plan on having any nudity photos ever.

Not really. They kinda have to be for most photo hosting sites. I'd rather artful censoring than the infamous black bar.

Nope. But I'd probably never buy a doll that has... um... removable/changeable parts, if you know what I mean. I've seen a few.

9. Well, then. That settles it. For the remainder of my posts here, I shall refer to any and all penises as penises.

I got you! It's all good. But, I probably shouldn't take it into consideration as much as I do.

I think, for me, it is more about asthetics than anything and perhaps that isn't coming across very well. It's not about wanting my doll to be a hulking Tom of Finland-esque sort of thing (although, wouldn't that be something to aspy on a BJD). I just think the dolls look much, much better with a larger, more detailed penis. For example, Soom's Idealians have very detailed genitalia that fits the doll instead of, as JessiFlakes so adequately put it, a tic-tac stuck onto the body.

10. It's definitely important to have one, but I'm not particular about its detailing. I know a lot of sculptors really pull their punches when it comes to penises (and, fachrissakes, everyone who normally says Peenie or Man Parts in context, repeat after me: PEEE-NIS), so you get dolls with meticulously-sculpted abs & nipples that have skin-folds, but a little undifferentiated lump in the trousers. As long as their pants fit like they're packing something, that's good enough for me.

Bluntness aside, I confess I love the endless euphemisms for "penis" too, because they just write themselves. Here's my favorite: Shootin'-iron. If I ever need/want a seriously-realistic double-barrelled fully-loaded shootin'-iron in the house, veins and all, I will go contact Buff and buy the full monty. :XD: If I ever want the boys [clothed] to just look like they dress-to-the-left, doll pants can be stuffed for enhancement just like human pants.

Re censorship: It's going to happen. Live with it. Get private hosting. Photobucket's rules prohibit all nudity & sex, and that includes inanimate nudity, such as statues, or dolls, or those plastic fake-boob plates in Halloween costumes, or-- and this I love-- two snowmen sculpted into a naughty position. If even snowmen can't publicly get it on, what hope do you think a very realistic anatomically-correct doll body has of escaping censorship?

Re haggis: SD13s are uncircumcised. ^^ Ever meet an uncut penis? It hides inside a foreskin, and when it's sleeping, it looks like a little SD13 lump. The younger Volks dudes are actually somewhat realistic in that regard. The size, as mentioned earlier, is so they can wear pants (and fasten them).

Re testicles: Big hanging resin testicles would hinder the doll's ability to sit. Ever meet a BishonenHouse doll? They come with option-parts; one for sitting & wearing pants, and one massive set of cash-and-dangling-prizes for saying Hello Sailor with. When he is wearing the larger option part, he cannot sit down (nor fasten pants). The testicles get in the way of his legs closing very far, too, even while standing. "For entertainment use only", you might say...

11. I'm honestly pretty glad most dolls don't come packing with enormous junk, it'd be such a hassle. I do notice, but I can't say it's ever made or broken my purchase... Partially because they're usually blurred out in photographs on the websites :v Which is so very, very silly. But yeah I like being able to get them in and out of pants without having to hold a textbook over their lap, really. I appreciate the extra detail that goes into well-scuplted junk, I guess, but tbh I don't worry about it too much. Much like I don't concern myself with the relative lack of detail in doll vagina, either.

12. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

Well... As long as the doll has something there that at least resembles a penis, I'm satisfied. A male doll should have male parts, easy as pie, in my opinion!
      I don't really put a lot of thought into how his parts look, as long as they're there. The only thing I would notice is if it looked deformed or weird, or if it was missing all together! That would be really weird, and turn me off as a buyer (pun not intended).

Well... a little. It makes me notice the parts more when they are censored than if they were not.
      The don't censor breasts or female parts, so why would they censor male parts?
      As I said before, a male doll should have male parts, nothing strange about that. Censoring only draws attention to the censored parts.
      But I understand if people have a problem with nudity, even if it's doll nudity. But I think that's pretty stupid. Nudity can be art.

Well... No, since I have only considered buying one male doll (and his parts look fine on the body I want for him). Otherwise I'd just buy the head and put on another body.
      But I did see a male BJD where you could change his parts to make it stand up!
      I certainly don't want a doll with an erection (how would his clothes look!?), but I wouldn't look down upon anyone who would want one.

13. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      To me, it's very important that the doll has a cool manhood. It's a man, so he should have one just as surely as a girl doll should have breasts and so on. If it's not too detailed, it's a point the doll loses.

Yes, it does. I want to know how they are sculpted and it bothers me when companies don't post pictures of them!

I sometimes have decided to change bodies when the manhood isn't detailed. If it looks like a bic pen, I pass on it.

14. This actually made me laugh out loud.

Do you have any pictures of this doll? I'm curious if it's REALLY that severe!

15. Not my thread, but this is a beautifully photographed box opening by the lovely Ara*. You can see exactly what I'm talking about in the pic of him in his underwear.
      I hope she doesn't mind me linking to her thread, it's quite lovely, and more people should see it.:aheartbea

16. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      I want my boys to have them of course but prefer it not to stick out so much. I have an AngelofDream body and I like my sold DollFamily body Much better. My AoD body with certain pants on, look really weird...specially in real life. It look kinda like ukelala's dollshe*_*
      It's because my AoD's private kinda hang downward(?..I'm not sure how to explain it.) while my DF's private seem more settle.

It doesn't bother me but I do feel it kind of unnecessary because they are just dolls.

If "man parts" as in his private, then No. But if it as in muscles, arms, and legs, then it's kind of a yes. I did got a Migidoll Miho head and put it on another body because I did not like his company body.

17. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      Honestly, I really don't care how detailed or undetailed they are, but it the male body has to have one. Except I wouldn't buy a body with a detachable one, since I've heard that the penis can sometimes fall out through the pants leg. That would be kind of weird XD

I don't really care. EXCEPT when someone mentions how strange/large/small/freakish a penis is, and then censors the pictures of it. NOW I want to see it!!!

No, I would not base a doll purchase on its penis. He's going to be wearing pants 99.999% of the time, so I won't even see it. I have decided not to get a body based on his weird abs, however, and think that's a similar quality to base a doll purchase on (Migidoll male body). I'm getting a different body that looks more aesthetically pleasing to me, so hybrids are always an option if you don't like certain parts of the body.

18. This thread makes me laugh a little bit... love it.

1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

Ehh. Not that important. It's more of a side note. Mostly I don't care what it looks like as long as it doesn't look strange on the body.

I don't find it upsetting, but sometimes I would like to see before I purchase. And sometimes I just want to see out of curiosity... for example, Spirit doll's... hmm... interesting... version...

Nope! I don't really care. I love a man for his personality, even if he's made of resin. ;)

I actually remember laughing because as I was inspecting my Crobi boy, I discovered he does have testicles. I couldn't decide if I was impressed or amused or what. It was just a funny thing to see on a doll. Obviously they're not prominent or anything... but they're there....

19. xD I feel kind of like a jerk now. I didn't mean it in the "obey me" sense at all.

And I'm glad you liked the phrasing. ;P But that's seriously how some of them look. xwx; It's kind of frightening actually... .w.;

20. You know, I went to the link, I stared at the pictures, and I thought, it's not that big to mine eyes. *_* It's actually quite nice, compared to those that I have seen. Not as fine as an Idealians, but I'm biased in that regard. It just goes to show, another's large is someone else's meh.

Don't feel bad. Most of us are, arguably, adults here so we should use big people terms! And your phrasing was a spot-on description, as well as humorous, to be sure!