1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Man Parts - How Important Are They?

Feb 22, 2012

1. From the clothes-fitting stand-point, I appreciate the smaller penis. None of my male dolls have particularly well-sculpted penises, and I don't do nude doll photography so it isn't that important to me much in the same way I don't need my female dolls to have accurate nether regions. I do think that doll sites should show the full doll, though, so buyers can make an informed choice to suit their needs.

2. This thread is hilarious! My opinion is kind of boring, though...

1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      I don't care a lot, but I prefer small and undetailed - real penises aren't pretty (in my opinion), so neither are realistic doll penises.

2. Does it upset you when the BJD company or forum members censor the man parts when posting pictures of male BJD sculpts?
      It doesn't upset me personally, but I can see why it would bother people who take nude photographs of their doll and want to know what to expect.

3. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?
      No - since my guys stay clothed, it's not that important.

3. I always assumed that the "man-parts" were just so they'd have a realistic bulginess in the pants?? I didn't realize that there were dolls out there with really realistic manhoods. XD (Then again the only dolls I've really looked into are Iplehouse and I really think that their manparts are for filling out the front of the pants, not for... really looking at.)

Honestly, the only dolls I'd buy right now are iple dolls. I love looking at other companies' dolls, if someone were to GIVE me some other company dolls, of course I'd be overjoyed, but the only company I'd BUY dolls from is iple. They're the ones that got me into dolls.... So... manparts really don't effect my decision making process at all. In fact, one of my dearest dolly ambitions is to get an iplehouse JID Asa with small boobies and mod her into a man... but "he" still won't get manparts because I don't want to pay someone to carve a penis onto a doll for me.

EDIT: @FrigidDamsel - ALL OF MY AGREEMENT. Real penises are just kinda weird and awkward looking. XD

EDIT EDIT: Also have you ever seen any greek sculptures? Apparently greek men had REALLY TINY man-bits.

4. did u check SpiritDoll?

5. Preeeecisely! Even those not considered adults, the site is 13+, so I highly doubt they can't use the word. Which ties into what I said earlier about steering clear if the topic its self is offensive. No matter how you phrase it, it's a topic about penises.

I don't know what possessed me to call it a tic tac the first time around, but my boyfriend got a right good laugh out of it. xD The sad thing is that some of them actually look like that... Not necessarily size-wise, but general shape... xD

6. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      To me it’s actually rather important. Not that I need it to be exceptionally amazingly detailed, but as previously stated by someone in this thread, a penis should not look like a tic-tac. I’m an artist, and though I don’t deal with many penises in my art (I enjoy clothes far too much) I do appreciate realism in my dolls.

2. Does it upset you when the BJD company or forum members censor the man parts when posting pictures of male BJD sculpts?
      This only bothers me when the companies do it. Forum members are perfectly fine to do this all they want (though it’d be nice if Photobucket weren’t such d-bags about it all), but when the companies do it it just sort of makes them look cheap, you know? I guess because you’d think that within their own website they’d have permissions to show the doll the way it is.

3. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?
      I am still looking for a male body I really, really love, but I think the only time it’d keep me from buying is if it just had nothing there (or a tic-tac). I was looking at the Spirit-doll boys the other day, and some of that seemed a SMIDGE much (I’d also be worried about losing a detachable penis), but I was rather fond of them nonetheless. So, I don’t know really. It does play a bit of a role in my choosing at least.

7. having grown up in the era where there were few boy dolls, and none with penises, I was really pleased to find bjds that actually had something at all.
      I just went and checked my two boys (fantasy doll and domuya) and they both have reasonable sized, but not detailed appendages with stylised testicles. At least they don't look like a girl doll with a sausage.
      A doll modelled after Tom of Finland's work would be amazing. You'd save a fortune as you'd never need to buy him a stitch!

8. Beauty, my dear, is in the eye of the beholder! At least the BJD ones are comparibly more comfortable to deal with.

Verily. There would be no way to clothe that beast, especially due to the hard...er, firm...er...unmalleable, yeah that's it, nature of resin. I'm sure it would be off-topic on DoA!

9. Oh, in regards to Iplehouse and doll peen - I find it REALLY FUNNY that they have censored out the peens in one picture and then ON THE SAME PAGE have pictures of them uncensored. Why did they bother to censor the first pic if they weren't going to censor the second?

10. I have noticed this as well. If you go to the Custom Doll pages, they are bare to the world. Other sites have this as well, if you do a little digging around.

11. @Hypnopompicz - On the custom doll page for the EIDs, the first pic of doll peen is censored and then the one right below it is not. XD It's just always baffled me. Maybe it's because the first is just a closeup of the hips/thighs (showing the mobility joint)?

12. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      Not important at all, as long as it dosen't affect clothing and look like a unsightly, unnatural budge or affect posing, it is fine. I used to think that the manhood is an redundant thing in a doll and was tempted to 'castrate' it. But I decided that since girl dolls have nipples and I am fine with that, guy dolls I own should have at least have the same degree of realism. And I refuse to make myself a violates of human (doll) rights by castrating (sanding) them.
      Not really, it is their doll, it is up to them what they want to do. But censoring on an official website, it makes it difficult to judge if the man bits will affect posing but other than that, I don't mind posing as I assume most dolls have rather small, represental ones. I have to admit censoring is a bit of relief to me. But a blur circle is fine, not the entire section, covering the thigh joints.
      Nope, Iplehouse's ones dosen't seem to affect posing and I only buy from Iplehouse.

13. The only issue with male dolls and penises I've ever had are the DOC...From the few pictures I've been able to find of DOC bodies nude, they have the smallest wangs ever! They look about the size of my tiny's peen, but on a MSD body. Won't stop me from buying him, but it's a little concerning.

14. I remember when I opened my Iple boys. my parents stared at their penises and were like "damn, he's got a big one ô_O .....but the poor guy could never have children! xD "

souldoll double boys barely have anything either. it looks more like a slit in the wrong way!

and this is why he/she specified "in my opinion".
      to my eyes, genitals of either gender are not beautiful and this is why I REALLY don't mind the penises from, exemple, CP (delf/minifee).

15. Fun historical fact only kind of related to the topic at hand, classic Greek sculptures have tiny junk because it was considered more masculine and attractive. Big penises were hilarious at best. There you go, history lesson for the day!

On the topic, I just wanted to add... I always think it's really weird when a sculpt is otherwise really detailed, down to veins in the hands, and then like there's just this blob stuck on there. Not, I guess, that penises are really THAT DETAIL-RICH to begin with but it's always kind of funny.

16. HAHA REALLY? I can't believe I've never come across that tidbit in all the art history classes I've taken!!

it's amusing to see how aesthetic preferences change over the years.

17. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      It is to me, somewhat. If it's too big it pokes through his trousers and looks unsightly. Also it's uncomfrotable to have him sit on you leg, as it's pokey. If it's too small well...it looks a little pathetic. :/

Not, it's tastefully done. I'm always curious though.

I like his to 'match up', but it wouldn't put me off him.

18. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

I would think it creates a realism that might be useful depending on what you're using the doll for, but it could get complicated for clothes and the like. Personally, as someone who would treat her male doll like a person and a picture model, I would want him to have a man part! It seems almost rude to not give him one!!

It does if they are trying to sell the doll, or get people interested in the sculpt. I want to see all the parts I'm buying! But if it's personal photos and they want to respect their doll's personality or whatnot, I can understand censoring it.

I just started in this hobby, but honestly, I don't think it would affect my opinion of the doll at all!!! All sculpts are different.

19. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

A poorly sculpted penis would never stop me from purchasing a doll, but I appreciate the aesthetics of one done well. To me, bjds are akin to pieces of art. I appreciate it when the sculptor pays attention to details. A well-sculpted penis is just another detail for me to enjoy.

I don't mind forum members censoring their doll's man parts at all, since most of the websites that host the pictures of said parts will dump 'em if anything is showing.

On the other hand, it does bother me when a bjd company censors the penis of a sculpt on its website. If I'm going to spend that much money on something (be it a doll, a piece of artwork, jewelry or clothing, etc.), I want to know what it looks like. The blurred area between a doll's legs, as inconsequential as it may seem, is still a part of the doll.

(IMHO - As a side note, I kinda think that a picture of a doll with its genitalia blurred feels rather more obscene than that of the doll simply standing there in the nude. Just saying...)

I'm ok with a bjd company blurring out the penis on a doll's main sales page, as long as uncensored pictures of the doll are available somewhere on the site.

Nope - a prettily sculpted penis has never (and would never) influence my doll-buying decisions. Nobility Doll's Male Emotional body with 'optional nipple movement', on the other hand, intrigues me far more than it probably should. LOL!!!

20. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

Speaking for adult dolls only here. I don't like childish dolls, personally.

Fairly important, but not really the deciding factor. I like mature, but not grotesque looking members on my male dolls. And, for the record, tiny ill-defined boy bits make me very uncomfortable because, to me, they look childish and like something that should be covered. I don't feel like that when looking at a male doll who is obviously sporting bits that mark him as mature and of legal age.

I'd rather my male doll have nothing down there than look like a child.

Kind of, but I can just find them somewhere else.

No, I have not. For me, it wouldn't be a deciding factor. If I didn't like his boy bits I'd find a way to deal with that. Like permanent man panties or a tasteful modification.