1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Man Parts - How Important Are They?

Feb 22, 2012

1. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

The body is very important to me when buying both male and female dolls. I like them to be well sculpted and look decent both dressed and undressed. I would never buy a male doll without a penis, genderless body, but how it is sculpted, size and shape, doesn't really bother me too much.

2. Does it upset you when the BJD company or forum members censor the man parts when posting pictures of male BJD sculpts?
      It does. I think censoring a doll is rather pathetic. You don't see postcards from roman and greek statues with their penis blurred. I really don't see the point. They are not humans and censoring it makes them more humans than they should be. That goes for any size, shape or dolls 'age'.

3. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?
      I held back on the most recent DZ 71/72cm because I thought it looked out of proportion. In the end I bought it anyway. So, no, I believe as long as it's there, if the rest of the body is of my taste, it won't stop me buying it.

2. First and foremost, you are not alone! I too look at the "boy bits" (try that the next time you want to search) when I look at bodies. I bought a Spiritdoll Proud v2 body for Tatsuha and made sure that I got the "optional parts" (for your search too) when I got him. After all, he has a boyfriend and if I want to take erotic pics.... I even bought a separate part for Tatsuha's boyfriend Ryuichi for those kind of shoots.

I'm an adult, and if I want to take erotic pics, I want to be able to have that option. Plus, there are doll bodies that have "optional parts" if that's what you're looking for. Just be careful with your search and look at all of the pics for that body on the website, as well as join in any body-specific discussions and ask questions. I've also heard of people taking sculpy and epoxy and making "boy bits" for their BJDs.

Now I'm going to go read what everyone else said, since I wanted to make sure you got a non-influenced answer from me first. ;)

Ryu

3. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      It is, and it isn't. Like many others have said, I don't want the Ken-doll effect, but I also don't really care how detailed they are. It's honestly a small part of the larger aesthetics (no pun intended), so a non-detailed penis wouldn't really turn me off of a doll. Granted, it's hard to tell prior to buying sometimes, because, as number two addresses, most doll companies I have seen censor the doll penises on their website.

2. Does it upset you when the BJD company or forum members censor the man parts when posting pictures of male BJD sculpts?
      It doesn't upset me, but I think it's kind of silly to censor it, especially when you take into consideration those dolls that don't have very detailed junk. It's resin, not a real person, so it's silly to blot it out. I mean, we're just going to see it when we buy it, right?

3. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?
      Nope, but, then again, I'm relatively new to the hobby. When I got my Iple Storm and saw his penis, I giggled like a 4-year old and moved on. It's not particularily impressive or detailed, but that's fine. He spends most of his time clothed, anyway. XD

4. Have you ever purchased or decided not to purchase a male BJD sculpt after you saw his man parts?

I am probably not the first to admit that I was originally interested in the Unoa boys because of their "pose-ability" in the pants XD

5. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      Not important at all. In fact, I don't really care what my boys have between their legs; moreover, I would be perfectly happy if they had nothing - you know, like the Mattel Ken dolls for kids ;) Why? Because of practical reasons. It's harder to sew form-fitting jeans for boys without it looking a bit stupid. I have to adjust my pattern I guess~

Nah, I don't care. Sometimes, it tends to look funny though~

No. I buy dolls based on the faces and overall body shape that fits my preference; man parts do not play a part in my choice at all.

6. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

I... don't notice them. I never paid them any attention until a friend of mine pointed out that my first boy was quite generously endowed. I still barely pay them any attention nowadays, except that I would like to own a Spiritdoll body. X3

Nah. I'm used to it.

Nope, not so far, but then again, I've been sticking to very few companies that seem to be doing a decent enough job with penises that I would never notice anything wrong or different. I was pleasantly surprised and very, very happy to find out that Delf boys don't show in panties, though. X3

7. Haha. I have only one doll that looks circumcised, and I thought it looked so weird compared to my others. I guess because here in Australia, it's odd for men of my generation to be circumcised, so it's not something you normally see.

8. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      I like my dolls to have a certain level of realism so just as I appreciate a nice female chest that doesn't look like a glob of clay stuck on, I like for my boy dolls to look like real boys.

Forum members, no, they don't upset me, it's their choice and preference on whether they want to be flashing their dolls' bits on forums for strangers to see. For BJD companies, though, I admit I would like to see all of what I would be buying and yeah, a penis happens to come along with the rest of the doll, so I would like to see it. I understand they might want to respect customer's modesty or whatever reason they have for doing it, but I wouldn't mind if they had an option to viewing the complete body sans censor bar.

I've always liked the Souldoll Double guys' bodies, but I've heard from people on here who have them that their man parts aren't all that impressive. I hate having to find out stuff like that second-hand, instead of just seeing it for myself on Souldoll's website. It might not be the most important detail that will decide if I buy or not, but it is still important.

I haven't. Mostly I have just lucked out I guess. I probably wouldn't make that a reason to not buy a doll body. I'm always looking for new things to try in this hobby, if I were unhappy with their manly inadequacy I would learn how to sculpt a nicer looking one on top of it if it bothered me.

9. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      Not at all in fact I wish in most cases they were either detachable or smaller as I find it annoying when they make clothing fit oddly.

If they would at least show on a page where you have to state your older then 18 that would be fine. But I think it's their choice.

No and if I knew 100% I never had to sell my Dollshe boys they would have that area modded. :lol:

10. ^ This kind of sums it up for me as well.

The only sculpted nether regions I care about on dolls is the butt: the only part that shows its mass and contours through clothing and will affect the fit of the clothes.

My dolls are clothed from the waist down at all times while on display, so... that's not an issue for me. I'd be happy with sexless/ken-like hip parts for the pants-fitting issues. I've been tempted to take sandpaper to a couple of mine at times...

11. I think you're quite right, circumcision is a very generational thing. I'm also in Aus and in my generation (probably somewhat older than yours lol) it was a standard procedure, so I'm unfamiliar with the natural look. It's probably why I tend to think that most of the bjds penises look so undetailed.

12. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

For adult dolls, I'm going to state that I care about it to the same degree that the doll is detailed. If the whole doll is more "symbolically" rendered as male, then I may be less insistant on the degree of detail. If it's been done as a more realistically detailed doll, I expect that the penis will be just as detailed (as I would a female doll's genitals). I do have to say that I don't really care if a company does not sculpt hair around the area, as that's a really person to person choice on male or female bodies. Size is less of an issue, though I will find it a bit weird if it seems too far out of scale, but then real guys are all sorts of varieties, so it's not a serious concern.

I only really have ever thought about one non-adult doll, and it'd be a girl. However, I'm not going to be as fussy with a child doll as I would an adult doll.

I want to see what companies have. It's a part of the sculpture, it should be shown. I can understand the censoring though, for both. If I can, I'll find owner pictures of the body. Someone usually will have a nude pic unless it's a brand new body. For owners, I'll accept that either owners or their characters may be more modest than some of us.

I might be in the minority here, but there have been a few dolls that have made me pause because their parts did not look like they received any care and have put me off from purchasing. Or in some cases, the female body will be very lovingly sculpted and the male just sort of quickly done as an afterthought. It would bother me. Either, I'd end up modifying to something more suitable. It seems more often that the male genitals are skipped over and the female counterpart is not.
      On a more personal-character note, I have one boy currently, and his penis fits him. The only other boy character I really would want to get thinks he's hot stuff. His penis sculpting would be really important to the character, even if no one else sees it. XD

13. It is important to me for a manly doll to be ALL man....I really hate teeny bits on a man doll. Not enough to stop me from buying a doll (usually), but I HATE stripping my boy and seeing itty bitty kiddie bits. *shudder* but it's not just the junk, I hate small hands, I hate small feet....I hate small noses and mouths....If I wanted a child doll, I'd buy a child doll. I want MEN. AoD v1 and v2 SD boys have a really nice bulge. Yes, it's visible in pants. I like that! This is why I have several AoD bodies...nice hands, nice feet, nice muscles, nice junk...lol Then I look at my RingDoll and just want to cry for him...."I'm sorry your thumb is bigger than your weeenie."

I'm in America, and at least in my location, it's near unheard of for a guy my age to not be circumcised....though I prefer the natural look. However, on a doll, it depends on the character. I HAVE "circumcised" a few of my boys to match their character....mostly just by painting on the not so detailed boys, but one DID get a mod job. lol

Actually, my AoD boys do, they just aren't that detailed. When my v1 AoD MSD boy sat in my hand, I could feel his balls.....I've actually bought him pants that he couldn't wear for this reason! But even with the pants issues, I LOVE how well endowed AoD is next to most of my others, and I hate that they've changed that with their v3 bodies. :( I won't be buying any more new AoD boys now, they used to be so manly, now they look like little kids.

14. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?
      It's not super-important to me that the penis is sculpted in detail, but I DO want my guys to have one. And strangely, some of my male characters were partly influenced by how they are sculpted down there. It's part of them like any other part of their bodies and influences who they are.

Not majorly upset, but as several people in the thread have mentioned, it's disappointing not to see the entire body sculpt on a company website before you purchase a male BJD. I remember being distinctly surprised when I got my ElfDoll Red. I had never seen one nude before. He was quite different from my previous BJD males, as not only is he hung quite low, he definitely has testicles. It affects how he wears clothes sometimes, but really it's not much more obtrusive than my other guys' when it comes to clothes fitting.

I've decided not to purchase a male BJD because of his sculpt, but not just because of his penis sculpt. But I wouldn't buy a male BJD without one. He ain't a man without it.

Linda S.
      galatia9

15. I wouldn't purchase a man doll that didn't have the appropriate parts but the amount of realism doesn't sway me as to whether to purchase a doll or not. I do have one male doll with a moveable part and to me that is just weird but it didn't stop me from purchasing him either because I liked the sculpt otherwise :)

16. Yep. That's why 20 year old me was watching a... educational film! Yes... that's it... I was watching an educational film with my boyfriend and immediately burst out with "Good lord what is wrong with that man's wang!?" I got made fun of a lot for that one but I thought perhaps he had suffered an injury or a poisonous snake bite. XD

17. My Tatsuha has a Spiritdoll Proud v2 body with the optional parts, and when I first ordered his body, I stalked the Spiritdoll waitingroom thread. Honestly, when I chose it, it didn't even occur to me that his penis could fall through his pants leg and become lost.

And then someone that was ordering their second or third Proud body simply said, "A tight pair of underwear will take care of that."

That person was right. I've had Tatsuha's body for going on a year, and not once has his penis fallen off while he was wearing underwear.

I feel that having a choice of penises will enhance my photography. I need a penis, not a "tic tac."

Ryu

18. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

It's important to me because I like the same level of care in the whole sculpt. I disliked DoD's habit of just slapping an extra toe on there to indicate "male" and it put me off their whole line, to be honest. I also want nice hands and feet.

It's annoying--I don't like not seeing the entire sculpt and I think people need to get over this whole OMG this piece of plastic resembles human naughty bits! (Actually it would be great if people could get over the whole OMG human nudity thing, but that is another rant);)

See my DoD grumble above. I did actually buy a tenshi body on the MP after some hesitation, because the lack of bits disturbed me, but I am planning on adding my own with sculpey. Guys need to be guys.

19. I am both laughing and blushing at the same time. I really wasn't expecting to find this subject while going through the forum. :lol:
      1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

It's not really important to me at all, at least, not much. I, personally think penises are ugly(as well as vaginas, but that's a different topic), but I still would like a doll boy parts to at least SOMEWHAT resemble a penis, and not a Tic-Tac, as someone else put it. But for the most part, I'm really more worried about the sculpt of those man-abs. :D

Not really, as some others have stated, apparently some companies do that because showing off their naughty bits is illegal in those countries anyways. Plus, makes things less awkward for me, since my computer is in an open area where anyone can walk in, including the much younger children we usually have over. :sweat

I haven't purchased a doll at ALL yet, and I mainly prefer girl dolls, so I really haven't thought about it much. I would probably still buy them regardless, though. Most of my dolls are going to have their naughty bits covered most of the time anyways.

20. 1. In regards to male BJDs, how important to you is the manhood sculpting?

It's somewhat important. I'd like to know in the back of my mind that they are really MEN. The rest of the world doesn't necessarily have to know that, but I like to. I like the more realistic sculpt, or something close to. Like others have said, I'm not fond of companies that opt to just use a basic placeholder.

Not really. They have their reasons and I respect that.

No, this hasn't affected my decision ever. I live with being somewhat disappointed, but it's not a major letdown. I don't often do nude photography with them, so it's not a requirement to be well endowed.