1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Manly Men or Gentle Boys doll preference?

Mar 6, 2019

1. Boys, because I like sweet, tiny dolls<3. Maybe the best for me, could be any cute manga character. The realistic mans are definitely not for me.

2. Gentle boy :XD: I just really prefer slender bodies! My favorite girl bodies are even the ones with the slightest curves I can find.

I'm not really into realistic sculpts or macho sculpts. I feel like it limits me since I prefer dolls that can be both girls and boys. They have to be able to play both roles for me. Slender, gentle boys are great for that.

3. Depends on the character. I have a couple of 'gentle' boys, a bit of a misfit jerk of a character, a jock, and a mature father-figure prankster. Not all of them are currently in doll-form, but it's my dream to have them all. Someday.

4. I prefer the gentle boys, I had an Iplehouse guy and had to sell him soon after. Beautiful face but the macho man body wasn't of my taste. I prefer bodies like SD17 Volks body .

5. I love gentle boys, generally. Pretty boys are right up my alley! I'm pretty open to a more masculine, chiseled body, but even then, I still prefer to have a pretty face on it.

6. I like elegant men done in a realistic style.

7. My only boy doll, Ilari, is definitely on the skinny, androgynous side. To the point where the MSD version of 'em is a girl sculpt.

8. I'm definitely a fan of the gentle boys. At a certain point I preferred more realistic dolls but in the last few years I've moved away from that and now I definitely prefer the round faced, big eyed more stylized dolls for my girls and boys. I don't necessarily prefer thin boys to muscular, I actually like the somewhat chubbier more immature bodies the most. I like my girls and boys to be similar, so much so that sometimes I have heads that I can't decide what gender I want the character to be.

9. I've found very few boys who appeal to me so far, but the ones who do tend to have softer features. The chiseled abs on most sculpts don't appeal to me so much. The boys I've most liked that I've seen so far have more goofy features like some of the DC boys!

10. I really enjoy more of the gentle boys look or in between. There are some dolls out there that look too manly and realistic that it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I really enjoy when boys have an angelic or soft look probably because it reminds me of a female look too!

11. me too. I also get just a bit uncomfortable with the "Manly and realistic ones"

12. It's a rather subjective question since my views of "manly" and "gentle" are most likely different from someone else. I'm Asian and I live in the U.S. where beauty standards tend to be fairly different from mine. I don't like sculpts that resemble little boys, but I also don't like sculpts that appear very rugged. Pretty men would probably be the most appropriate term for my taste. I just like handsome guys with some muscle definition (not body builder level). :lol: An example would probably help illustrate it: Iplehouse's male head sculpts are usually too much for me, and I adore Soom's sculpts.

13. I really don't know, because I want an Uranus Evo really badly, but I not dare to buy it because I can't bond with testosterone titans (too big muscles)... I like IOS, Ring Doll and Universe Doll sculpts best, and I think they are between gentle and manly. So slim mature body and face between gentle and manly. I have my boy on Universe doll body, I love it to the moon and back, but it can be less ripped... but I don't want to mod it.

14. I am honestly more drawn to feminine male dolls. When it comes to what I want to own it depends on what character I am shelling. My first male doll is going to be a dream valley seren and I am not really sure what category he falls under.

15. Oh gosh, its really hard for me to pick just one cause I have dolls that are manly and gentle. Maybe a little bit of both? :D

16. Here for a bit of both!

I have a RS Winter who I've been calling a boy (with that sculpt, who can tell?) and an Iplehouse FID man with a sharp, angular face. I like the little deertaur for his gentle, boyish appearance, and I like the FID guy for his over-the-top rugged body and chiseled appearance.

17. depends on the character but honestly, I dislike most abs on dolls, so I often turn to the softer body types for boys. plus many of my dolls are younger and not very athletic so a softer looking body I would assume is more natural looking for them.

18. I've discovered that I like my boys to look as feminine as possible. I have one that's more 'boyish' and trying to style him has been a constant battle, to the point I've seriously considered selling him. Going to use him as a face-up learning experience and see if I can manage to bond with him yet!

19. I like my guys to look like grown men, but I certainly don't think they have to all be stacked. It just seems like there's little room between ultra feminine dolls and dolls that are absolute units when it comes to males.

20. What you said reminded me of an observation I've made. All male dolls are either extremely Uke or extremely Seme with no in between with the exception of MAYBE Iplehouse.