1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Manly Men or Gentle Boys doll preference?

Mar 6, 2019

1. I'm team soft boys all the way!

2. Me too

3. I like both. One of my doll head is manly and the other one looks like he's still a boy. Well, I think I preffer to buy manly sculpts more nowadays.

4. I'd eventually like to say "both," but I have painfully few boy dolls who're all old as dirt and as such definitely predate the "manly men" craze that has swept the BJD world. :lol: I'm not super enamored by ALL THE MUSCLES, but I do like my collection to be diverse and that will undoubtedly one day include a guy who's built like he's starring in an Avengers movie.

5. I lovee gentle boys <3 My next doll is going to be a boy too I think.

6. I like both, but I'd love to add a more manly one to my collection someday. I don't have a problem with muscle as long as they aren't built like he-man (that'd be such a pain to make clothes for). I'm having a hard time finding one I like though. Most of the guys seem to either look like they belong to an idol group or have some odd scowl or scar/tattoo/odd feature. Someday I'll find the right one...

7. Same here I love them too!

8. Manly men. And I'd recommend Immortaliy of Soul's Jade or Nebel wholeheartedly. You can create some awesome manly faceups with those sculpts.

9. I prefer the soft, more pretty boys. However, I wouldn't rule out a more masculine doll if I had a particular character in mind.

10. Manly men all the way. I really love the more realistic looking male dolls; sharp, chiseled features rather than soft and rounded. That look also just aligns with the characters I'm trying to create though, so a couple of my guy dolls might have softer looking features but they still won't have that anime-esque or little boy look to them.

I don't connect to those kinds of dolls, I can certainly love and appreciate them in someone else's crew but they don't work for me. I can't get passed how baby-faced they look and most faceups only help age them so much. Those looks are just made weirder for me when those same baby faces have bodies that are muscled or even ripped. A sculpt that barely looks like it graduated preschool shouldn't have a six pack. lol

11. I like both, but I guess I do tend to lean more towards the "gentle boys" type dolls, especially since I tend to just lean towards dolls that look cute over cool in general.

12. My collection has a bunch of soft boys and pretty boys, but I do like the look of manly bjds. I would love to add a few to my collection. I'm thinking of getting a Granado at some point.

13. I don't own any yet, but I like both manly men and gentle boys, and the whole scale between them, I think each type lends itself well to different kinds of characters, so I have some of each on my wishlist.

14. Strong features and prominent noses or unusual noses if not prominent. But the guys don't have to be particulary manly at all. I tend to be firmly on fantasy and semi-realistic side -- these kinds of sculpts usually aren't very testosteron charged, anyway:) I will happily use strong female sculpt for a male doll and vice versa as long as it's features, shape etc. fit the character I've planed.

15. i really love both but it depends on character, ideally i like a guy doll to fall in the middle of the 2 someone whos got the right amount of both feaures

16. Both, all, every!

All kinds of guys--I love the variety. The more the merrier! :XD:

17. I like more feminine/gentle male dolls! That being said, I prefer female dolls and don't have any boys so I don't know how relevant my opinion is. :lol:

18. I prefer softer boys when it comes to dolls that I buy, but I like to look at all the other manly masculine dolls photos although I don't imagine myself buying one, at least for now

19. I like both, but I do want my male dolls who are adults in my doll world here to look like adults.
      The youngsters should look like boys.

20. I lean more towards a muscular look, but I dont mind if the head/face itself has slightly softer lines. If they look like a teenager it's too soft though :XD: hard to explain but there's often a fine line between a ripped but androgynous man vs a 15 y/o on steroids in this hoppy