1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Manly Men or Gentle Boys doll preference?

Mar 6, 2019

1. That's hilarious, yet exactly true. (Depends though)

At first I was thinking manly because the first ever doll I fell in love with and also my first. Iplehouse HID falcon. He's beautiful and BIG. Muscular and full of veins.
      But my very next boy is an iplehouse Leonard. He's much more of a pretty boy. So I guess I'm guilty of both.

2. I was wondering this same thing. I generally like the look of muscular built male dolls, but honestly it depends on the "partner" that they will have (if they aren't single being their wild and free self). I like my partners to look compatible. For a time, it took me awhile to settle on the right companion for my Yoko. She is a soft spoken and shy character and I wanted her to have a boyfriend who has similar traits, but a little bold and adventurous. I ultimately settled on LUTS Bory on a Model Delf body. The body is somewhat slim and a bit muscular, but not chiseled. Since they are to be 18 and 19yrs old, he still has a sweetness to his face, but definitely male. Kinda like the 'BTS boy band' look Lol I also like the moody artist kinda look, which for me is a softer boy aesthetic.

3. I prefer a more youthful look where the sculpt looks like the they are in their late teens or young adult. I do like that bishonen look as long as there is some maturity to the sculpt, so it’s not too young or androgynous looking. While I find muscular sculpts beautiful, I find that they are a little too much for me.

4. For me its a mix of both and completely depends on character. I have many characters floating around that are manly men yet the only ones I actually have in doll form are the soft boys. Why exactly it ended up that way, I'm not sure. :)

5. I love Dollshe boys and I have since I started in the hobby. I also love the Soom and Ringdoll men. Lately after obtaining my Iplehouse grail I’ve started gravitating towards more masculine men and I am interested in getting a Granado man next. I think my taste varies and it depends on what I am inspired by at the time I want a doll.

6. I definitely prefer more "manly men" as sculpts, but there aren't a lot out there that fit my specific tastes which is why I stick to female dolls.

7. I think my Dollshe David is probably my manliest man.

And then on the flipside I have a few super effeminate boys.

Nabarro Boy's Har is probably in the middle because he's not super femme but he has like soft lines going for him.

I like a little of everything I guess

8. .

#108 Gintsumi, Sep 16, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    9. I’m a fan of soft and gentle boys. I think they look sweet and you can dress them up a bit more cute. I think the more masculine sculpts look cool and handsome but they’re not really my aesthetic I guess.

10. I prefer manly dolls but not too manly or realistic. My all time favorites are Soom ID men. They are jus

But recently I like Volks DD boys...

11. .

#111 Magical Rin, Sep 28, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    12. I only own the boys!! I have 2 HID Falcon sculpt - 1 is paired with David Kuncci & the other one is with Granado Enoch. So mostly man but some softness in the features.
      I also own a La Legende Ludwig who’s searching for his softer feature boyfriend

#112 Mrkendoll1, Sep 28, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    13. It depends on the look I'm going for. I have a group of characters I want to turn into dolls. One of the boys I want are more feminine while the other two are more masculine. I don't really like the childish look for my "adult" dolls though.

14. I like manly men more, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get one. I collect minis and I'm yet to see a really manly sculpt. Aside from 50cm dolls like Souldoll Vito and Soom Idealian 51, which I love, but the problem with those lines is that their heads are too small for them to look good with my existing crew. I might start a separate collection someday, but I'd prefer to keep everyone together.

All that said, I do love my gentle boy to bits! He's not going to be my only boy doll, either, that's for sure.

15. If you're looking for 50cm boys, Dream Valley have a few nice ones. Two of their boys are on my wishlist, Vine and Serene.

16. I can appreciate both aesthetic-wise, though I lean more towards the gentle look, definitely :) I like the androgynous appearance, boys who can pull off frilly pumpkin shorts, and girls who gives that Oscar vibe (my love). Swapping sets of clothes? Yes please.

17. I think “soft” bjd boys are super cute but I have never felt the need to own one.
      Personally, I prefer “manly men” more, which is why I like Ringdoll’s dolls a lot.
      They have “manly men” and also “manly men” with some soft features (ex. Xie Lian), or at least I consider them like that.
      It all depends on personal taste, and I think both are lovely, but “manly men” sculpts are my favorite.

18. All of my males are gentle souls. I would prefer if they were not quite SO feminine, but androgynous is ok to a degree. I think it has a lot to do with my experiences with real life human males. I grew up with 3 macho brothers, and my ex was a big burly "manly-man" I can do without more testosterone in my life, thank you very much. :roll: :lol:
      I was attracted to BJDs because I was into the images of males in the Final Fantasy games. I am attracted to their somewhat feminine faces, even if their characters are not exactly soft.

Edited to add: my boys are all dressed in regular guy style clothing. I like their somewhat feminine faces, but they are still regular guys in my mind.

19. I have a mix. Most of my dolls were picked with a specific character in mind, and thus a sculpt/body that would be fitting... some are pretty buff.

20. After I got older I started to prefer manly dudes xD Like, hairy manly dudes lol, buuuut nowadays I also appreciate more feminine, softer kind of boys and even androgynous. I have had that problem with bjd boys, since I prefer smaller bjds but older looking scupts... but I was going to buy a feminine-looking boy for myself that Luts makes, I only didnt buy it cause of money :P But yeah yay for diversity I guess