1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Marchen Waltz Discussion Thread

Sep 6, 2011

1. Thank you so much, I've been searching for the perfect sleeping sculpt for Fable for about four years now so I'm really ready for her to be here. Aimee just has the most gentle face, she's lovely~:3nodding: Looking forward to seeing Marguerite's new dresses, bonnets are a great match for the sculpt!

2. Marguerite got a new dress!! YAY!! A couple of new dresses actually :) Here she is in one of them!

[​IMG]

3. Hi guys, mind if I ask a question or two? I'm really curious to know how big these girls heads are, especially compared to other dolls. I literally just discovered them, and I just love every sculpt! But head size is a huge factor for me. Thanks!

4. I have found Ydike to be a size 9 head size and to be about equal to most volks SD dolls. Chocolate to be a tiny bit smaller, I have mine on a hyper 54 body and like it, I thought it too small for the volks body. Heidi to be about a 9 also so more standard size. Aimee also seems to be standard 9.

I have them all wearing 9 to 9.5 wigs.

Color of resin is slightly lighter than volks.

I use size 18 mm eyes for these dolls.

5. Aw, Marguerite looks so cute in her new dress, Hypercurve, peach is a great color with her face-up! Also, sorry to bother you but I've been meaning to ask, what body is she using? If you don't mind, that is.

I wish I could help, Vampire, but my girl hasn't come in yet. :(Hopefully someone else can answer though, I'm curious as well!

Edit: Oh, thanks so much Treelore, that's great to know! I ordered my Dream Aimee a 9-10 wig and was worried that it would be much too large for her.

6. I think it will be fine - she is on the lower end of that number but as long a the wig is not too deep should be fine.

7. i had moonlight dream amy with me before, and she also was fine with 8~9inch wigs.
      similar to volks head ( bit smaller than charlotte, way more smaller than volks nono.... nono has the biggest head )
      also i hope marchen waltz release heidi too >_<

8. Thanks TreeLore and qrimkitty! Hmmm....If they're around the size of smaller volks heads it might work. My Michele and DWC02 heads are about the size I am looking for, anything bigger is too big. They both easily wear 8\9 though, so that Ydike and Aimee are wearing larger wigs does make me a little nervous. Anyone have a Zaoll? I'd love to know if the heads fit that body....

9. these heads are definitely not too big if that is what your worried about!! if anything I would like them a tad larger. If they went smaller they would not look right on the volks body.

10. CrayolaTicTac: Thank you so much! I love her to bits! She is temporarily on a Peak's Woods FoC body which she is borrowing from one of my upcoming floating heads. The resin match is pretty bad even though it is not quite visible in pic. But I have an older Volks SD10 swarikko body on layaway for her. Marchen Waltz NS resin has a yellow undertone, more like older Volks, or Fairyland NS/Dollzone NSY.
      Vampire: I will take a comparison pic of different head sizes if you want! Head size is a huge factor for me too. In fact I had to rehome a few of my older girls because of that. I agree with quirmkitty, Aimee head is about as big as smaller/medium Volks heads which is the perfect size for me. Not as big as the f-01 Nana/Megu/Sara heads.

11. I just found out about these sculpts and I love the aesthetic so much, Aimee and Chocolate are my favorite. I have been trying to dig up as much info on them as possible.
      I'm really excited to say that I will be bringing one of these lovely dolls home!
      I'm getting a white resin Aimee and I'll be putting her on a volks body I would love to get the promotional face-up by Polar Bear but that's not being offered right now, maybe one day I can send her to get a company face-up. Something about these sculpts are so magical, its almost like Mark Ryden meets volks.

I would love to get more sculpts as well, I'm also fond of Heidi, Clair and Peko.

12. Ha ha that is what I'm worried about! I'm looking for a head that would make a good young girl that can go on a Zaoll body.... A little bobble is ok (make them look young) but too much won't work out.

I would LOVE it if you could!! Smaller Volks is a good size, that's the other company I've been looking at (and Peakswoods, I put my Goldie on the body and it's perfect)....but when I discovered MW I just fell in love with the molds! I would be thrilled if they would work.

13. Vampire: Here you go :) from the left Napidoll Rogebell, Napidoll Chesi, and Moonlight Dream Aimee. Napidoll girls are Volks small/medium head size. And the floating heads at the bottom - Peak's Woods wake up Lottie (I believe she's the smallest of all PW heads), and a Little Monica Harmony head. The floating heads don't have wigs on so they might look about the same size as the other three girls, but in person they are much smaller than the Napidoll girls and Aimee head. Hope this helps ^^ I'll take some pics of Aimee with a Volks girl later!

[​IMG]

14. Oh that's fabulous, thank you!! :D
      She doesn't look that big at all....I'm going to have to start keeping my eye out for these girls! (Because of course the ones I really like are the ones who are sold out! Ha)

15. Beautiful girls Hypercurve!

16. Thanks, Rohava! :)

17. Thanks for the info, Treelore and qrimkitty! The wig I've ordered is black, so even if it ends up a bit loose she'll have a wig cap to help. :)

Hm, I've been debating between a Delf, Volks, or Peak's Woods body for Fable. I guess since she's more yellow toned Delf and PW are out. Thanks for the comparison of your girls Hypercurve! They're all so cute, Rogebell and Aimee look like they could be sisters~ It's great to have a better idea of what to expect size-wise as well.

18. I'm curious to know if peakswood would work...? also how the white matches to peakswood white?

19. Sorry to say that peaks woods bodies don't work with marchen waltz dolls because their neck holes are bigger. Big enough to accommodate Volks SD bodies. In fact I have my Aimee on a Volks SD10 body now. It is from 2010 and the resin match is near perfect!

20. My Elena head arrived today and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but if you are like me and love the DollsTown elf body this is a PERFECT head for it, scale-wise, because it's on the small side. Ceylon, for example, is noticeably bigger in comparison.

The neck opening is a bit bigger than it needs to be for the Elf, but this can be a hard body to find a non-bobble head mold for so I just thought I'd mention my discovery.

Cheers!
      ~Anika