1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Marti Presents Dolls - Babette and Rin Sakurako - 56cm

Feb 3, 2011

1. I've just finished last 2 dolls for this month. Finally, I have vacations!

[​IMG]

2. Have a good vacation, marti! I received my Rin kit today, but have not had a chance to open her as I am at work. I'll post a box opening so people can see what the kit pieces look like. Oh I can't wait to get home and open her!

3. Let us know how it goes with your kit! Marti emailed me to say that my Babette shipped on Monday so I am hopeful that she will be here by the end of the week. I don't post box opening pics since I am always too excited to get my new dollie out that I can't slow down to take pics of it all, but I will definitely post some pics of her for everyone on here.

Editing to add that she is still stuck in customs in New York! Come home soon, Babette!

4. Well, I didn't get any good box opening pics. It was dark & I was too excited to slow down & try to take good pics. But I have been working on my girl! Her torso pieces, hands and feet, and head are all roughly finished, with holes drilled in her hands and feet. My face up artist is going to finish her head as I am too nervous to attempt to sand it. It's been a lot of work but it's not been hard and it's fun!

5. That's great to hear, renee! My Babette doll JUST got out of customs in New York City today after being there for almost a week so I'm hopeful that she will be home to me sometime later this week.

6. Here are a couple of pics of my Babette. Her name is Lucrezia. I think she looks like she stepped out of a Pre-Raphaelite painting. She is lovely and I can't stop looking at her. :fangirl:

[​IMG]
      Babette BJD by Marti Presents by Landlocked Mermaid, on Flickr

7. SHe's lovely! That wig really suits her.

8. Thanks, renee! My skill at photography is not the best! Her wig is from Bluefairy. I have it in two colors but I think the darker blonde one suits her better than the pale blonde one. Marti has the same wig on Babette in some of her promotional pictures.

9. I really LOVE her photos Landlocked Mermaid! and your photos are adorable!

Renee- I'm wondering how is your work on Rin going? Hope that she's turning out OK :D

10. She's coming along! I've been working late a lot and have not had too much time to work on her, but this Monday is a holiday and I plan on finishing her then.

11. Thanks so much, marti! I just adore her. I am going to have a very talented seamstress from Etsy make her an Italian Renaissance style dress this summer. I think that will suit her so well.

12. Renee- I just can't wait for her photos! Hope you'll be able to post some :)

LM- She will look amazing in Italian dress. Hope to see some photos!

13. Babette is absolutely beautiful! I've never owned anything larger than an MSD, this is actually the first time I've even been ON the SD section of DOA! I'm really not a "large doll" kind of person but Babette has me hooked *_* I might have to get my first SD sized doll!

Is the kit hard to put together? I've had experience with sanding seam lines and stringing dolls, but I'm a bit wary of using a dremel. Is that absolutely necessary for the assembly, or is it just something that will make my life easier?

14. For me, yes the Dremel is necessary. I've used it to sand down the big chunks of resin left over from casting, to drill holes in her hands and feet, and now I'm boring out the wrist holes a bit bigger so the s hooks will fit. You could do all of that without a Dremel, but it would be hard, I think.

I'm a bit frustrated right now because I want to finish Rina, but it's so hot outside! 100 degrees F and I'm sweating like crazy under my mask and goggles while I sand. I don't have a workspace where I can sand inside.

15. Renee: Thanks for the explanation, it sounds like I'd need one! Is there a particular one you'd recommend for a beginner? I guess I'm just nervous about going near a doll with anything that drills at a high speed. I never thought about the weather thing, of course, you'd have to work outside! We're getting pretty warm here too. I might be better off just paying to extra to have it assembled, ahaha.

16. My Dremel is nothing special, it's just the entry level rechargeable battery operated model. I think it was under 50 dollars, but I wish I'd paid a bit more & got the corded model instead. The battery seems to run down fairly quickly.

17. new photos of Anushka :)

I'm also working on some new doll heads and parts

[​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

new photos of Palageya coming soon :)

19. i've said it once, and I'll say it again... i absolutely love marti dolls. they are by far one of my favs. if only I had some spare cash, I would definitely get one :(

keep up the good work, marti... looking forward to seeing your future releases and hoping to get one for myself!