1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 26cm Line Discussion part 1

Jul 13, 2017

1. @Calust I'd say it depends on the stand. Some are great but not all. After you have fixed the doll in the stand you can always test it gently to se if it feels sturdy. There are many types of stands that holds on to the doll in various ways. The material of the stand, the weight and the size of the foot of the stand will also matter.

2. @Lillith I see. Well I got some wooden stands with a large base from Etsy. I'm testing it on one doll and it's been a couple of hours and so far she hasn't slipped.:thumbup I'm just not used to having dolls stand up, it's like I'm expecting her to flop any time now.

3. You'll probably be fine, then. I display most of my dolls sitting down, but at any given time there are always a few in stands and so far I havent had any accidents. This inludes bigger dolls (and a lot heavier) on rather unsteady tables at conventions. I have come across stands that have been too weak to carry the dolls weight and stands with a base that is an oval and too narrow back to front, but those are usually pretty apparent when you set the doll up. And these little dolls are light and as an added bonus they don't have very far to fall, schould something happen, so the risk for damage is not too bad. :)
      If you do want to display them sitting, some furniture ment for Barbie fits nicely.

4. Did anyone see the event cat gift? She shows them beautifully painted and dressed in fancy sorts of Renaissance outfits. I almost bought a Joy, even though she's very similar to my Feline.

5. The kitties are really cute! I think that she could sell them already painted in the future at least for a limited time. Feline and Joy (and also Inez) have different features especially when you see them in real life (in 3D). Actually, when I opened their boxes, I didn’t need to look at their birth certificate to know which is which and I guessed all of them right.

6. My Joy just arrived on Tuesday and now I want a Feline and Inez :D I'm sooooo in love with Joy. <3

7. @Araeyla Gongratulations! Joy is easy to fall for, isn't she? I'm absolutely in love with mine as well. This size is so much fun! :)

8. Honestly I'm not sure? I'd probably buy first stuff for my pets (a ferret cage, putting some money away for vet visits etc.) and a ferret cause I love them. With the money that's left I'd buy a Model Delf Bliss because that's my main grail at the moment. And that's it, pets are expensive lol

9. My Feline came really losely strung and I can't help but be frustrated when handling her. I tried to restring her but the elastic is too short for me to properly tighten it. Weird because my Joy poses like a champ and is strung perfectly.

10. Just ordered my second Maskcatdoll, a Feline! She will come with the event cat gift....I wish time could run! :XD:

11. I'm not sure I understand the problem. If the elastic is too short, the doll should be too tight, not too loose. If the doll is loose, just unstring it, tie a new knot a bit further in and restring.

12. Hey, thanks! I was doing it wrong because I'm used to dolls with the knot in their head! I followed your advice and she's perfect now. Thank you!

13. No problem. It's good to hear it worked out. :)

14. I'm slowly making some progress with my Joy. Right now she is trying on the name Alyssa or possibly Amalyssa. Here I tried on a black wig instead of the brown one. It's still not quite right, but it's nice to see the possibilities.
      Her outfit is also very much a work in progress. I don't know what to do about shoes. I suppose I have to make my own, but I don't know if I should do them a little bit oversized and try to pad her feet with socks, beacause right now she can't really stand on her own bacause of her tiny feet. I can sort of balace her, but she isn't steady enough to adjust the pose and clothes and it's frustrating. I am even low key considering to replace her feet with someting a bit more propotional.
      Another thing missing is proper underwear and even if they won't show when she is fully dressed they will efect how the clothes hang on her body.
      [​IMG]

15. @Flaxen Hair Girl Congratulations! Feline is a good choice. I just ordered Klara. :)

@Lillith Wow! Beautiful dress! What fabric did you use? It is perfect with her long dark hair. I use Blythe shoes and undies. I like both names but Amalyssa is very different. :)

16. @Oliveoil Thanks! The skirt is cotton sateen and the tunic is wool. The beads are glass.
      Most blythe shoes seem to be modern styles and some of them have strange proportions, I'm finding it very hard to find anything useful. I have a pair of sneakers that I'm pretty sure is made for blythe that fits her as far as the length of the foot goes, but they are almost wide enough to put both her feet in at once. I guess they are made to be worn with socks.
      I may get some basic blythe shoes for her to wear when she models modern clothes, but it won't work for her fantasy warderobe.

Don't get me wrong, though. The minor troubles with ther feet aside I enjoy this doll very much! She is so much fun to make stuff for. :)

17. Hello all!
      If it helps, my Maskcatdoll Joy wears mainly shoes/boots by Azone International (made for Azone Pure Neemo dolls).
      In this photo, she's wearing Azone black flats. They fit perfectly!

[​IMG]

#257 Flaxen Hair Girl, Jan 17, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    18. @Flaxen Hair Girl That's good to know! Your doll is gorgeous. The clothes and setting is really cute.

19. Thank you for sharing. Joy is so pretty. Did you make the cute outfit?

20. @Lillith
      Thank you so much!

@Oliveoil
      Thank you! I'm actually trying to sew doll outfits but I really need a lot of practice yet :whee:
      That outfit is by wimkut on Etsy, she's so talented, her outfits are always so lovely and well made :love