1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 26cm Line Discussion part 1

Jul 13, 2017

1. @Idoru Those pictures are very helpful! Thank you. And I did see the pictures in the mature 1/6 thread, a lot of good references there as well. :)

(The pictures may be a bit too large. It's been a problem for over a year now. You can try to edit your pictures smaller before uploading, simply chosing a smaller viewing size in places that allow that may not make any difference. But the pictures are visible in the reply-box so it's possible for people to see them even if they don't always show up in the post. I've also noticed that sometimes refreshing the page can coax pictures to show up.
      There is a notice at the very top of the forum about it.)

2. Huh! Thanks for the tip about the pictures, although I'd be surprised if that was it... They were only about 1200x900? (I must not have fully processed that notice and then dismissed it...)

Edit: Ah ha! You were right, because I habitually save everything as .png—so the dimensions are web-friendly and the filesize less so. Thanks!

Just so this isn't just me having a very special moment, here are some pics from when I took my girl Mimosa (a tan Feline on the first body) out for a nature walk. I haven't played with my dolls much this last year, and it felt so good to take her out and take these photos! She's like a cute fashionable forest fairy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For anyone curious about "what fits", here's what Mimosa is wearing: a pair of Momoko shorts (I think I bought them from Taobao but it was years ago so I don't remember the shop—sorry!), a Barbie top (that I THINK is actually meant to fit like a crop top), and those are actually Barbie shoes too! Made for the Petite fashionista I think. Any flat-footed Barbie shoes I've found have worked out really well, these are just my favorite. They really pop against her pretty tan resin!

#282 Idoru, Jun 1, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    3. Here’s a quick pic of how the different dolls (MYou, Maskcat, Xagadoll) look like next to each other with wigs and fully clothed in the same style. I think that they can look like they belong in the same universe.[​IMG]

4. Oh thank you for this pic! I agree, they don't look like they're from totally different planets. (They all look so cute in those dresses, too!)

5. They're all so nice, what are each of the sizes?

6. @Calust Thank you for this. I am still learning about what's out there for this size and any reference picture is very welcome. And I agree, your girls look great together.

7. Here are their measurements, stellarphenomena:

Maskcat: 24.8cm
      Xagadoll: 27cm
      Myou: 27.8cm

8. After seeing everyone's pictures of Joy my Inez might just need a sister.

9. Hi there!
      My Maskcatdoll Feline arrived home few days ago - I ordered her at the end of December, during the 7th Year Event.
      Shipment from China to Italy took around 10 days by EMS, but the parcel was stuck at Customs for more than two weeks :roll:
      Anyway she's here! Once again, I'm very happy with my purchase, Maskcat dolls are so lovely!

[​IMG]

She's wearing the company blonde wig but I will probably change it to a shorter one...

10. Hi! I have a Maskcat Joy on the way and have enjoyed reading through the posts on this thread. I am very excited to receive her.

11. Didn't mean to double post, but the last post was a while ago and Joy is here!
      [​IMG]Maskcat Joy by Jane K, on Flickr
      [​IMG]Maskcat Joy by Jane K, on Flickr
      And because the dress maker accidentally sent 2 ...
      [​IMG]Untitled by Jane K, on Flickr

#291 Dollquest, Jul 29, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    12. @Dollquest She is lovely! Congratulations on your new doll. What are your plans for her?

13. Thank you! I plan to spoil her rotten! I’ve already bought her a chair swing and several patterns for clothing. I’ve made her shorts and a pair of jeans. Oh, and a travel bag. She is the perfect size to take with me when I go somewhere. I love the Maskcat dolls and there are sure to be some more in my future! It will be fun to look at everyone else’s here.

14. @Dollquest That sounds great. Your doll has had a great start so far.
      They really are a great size for play and to bring with you, aren't they? :)

15. Yes, they are! And thank you!

16. Hello everyone
      I have just purchased a tan Inez and have been excitedly reading through this thread.
      There are some in stock dolls on the new website and I couldn't resist. :-)

17. @Dollquest Joy is very pretty. I like the dress and coat. :)
      Congratulations @kimlouiseb . It is nice she is offering dolls in stock. Did you get a face up or blank?
      I love Maskcat dolls. I have 2 with the small head and 3 large head. I like that they can wear Blythe clothes. :)

[​IMG]

18. Thanks @Oliveoil. I got her with a face up - usually I would have a go at doing it myself but they are just so tiny.
      I've already ordered a few Blythe outfits but i'm sure it will be a few weeks until she gets here.

19. @kimlouiseb I wonder how long the wait time is for dolls in stock with face up. You will have to keep us updated.

@Flaxen Hair Girl! Your girls look so cute! I love the sailor style dresses.:)

20. @Oliveoil Very cute! I always like how you style your girls.

My Klara arrived today :).