1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 26cm Line Discussion part 1

Jul 13, 2017

1. @Oliveoil , she is so pretty! Is that the company faceup?

I received my Joy about a month ago, and I havent figured out how to style her yet. The 4" wigs from DollceDoll fit with a little work.
      [​IMG]

2. Thanks! She’s super cute btw

3. O
      omg! Seeing your joy just now has cemented the fact that I need her in tan and ASAP:XD: how long was the wait for her? I have heard horror stories about maskcatdoll that is putting me off buying:aeyepop:

4. Oh no! What kind of horror stories?

5. I have a friend who had waited 7-8 months for a tan resin girl that arrived broken:atremblin

6. Gah that’s awful! :eek:

7. @tiikx I ordered directly from MaskCat's etsy shop on Dec 4 and received her April 15, so not too bad. My previous doll from them, Inez, did arrive with a broken leg but Banyo mailed me a new one right away.

8. I think shipping is really slow right now, but when I ordered my girl it only took the usual 60 days! I bought a Feline in tan not too long after her initial release. It's sad your friend waited so long just to have the doll arrive broken, that's always so heartbreaking. I've found Banyo to be really sweet, I feel like any horror stories are just unfortunate poor luck.

They definitely fit Blythe sized 1/6 clothes the best, by the by, and stuff made for petite Barbie. Other Barbie stuff works okay, since a lot of the fashion packs now are made to fit across the size range, but with more velcro overlap, etc required. I put Mimosa (my Feline) in Barbie stuff pretty regularly, because I can't resist checking the aisles when I'm at Target... haha.

9. @Cydril Thank you! Yes it is company face up. I have Gladys and Heidi..faces are very well done.

@Dionysus Thank you!

10. Joy arrived today! She is very sweet. The wig is nice but probably not worth $50. I love her interesting face and new body is great.
      [​IMG]

11. @Oliveoil

How adorable! Can't wait for my little Joy, too :3nodding:

12. @Oliveoil , I saw your girl on flickr and decided to check her out on MaskCat. As cute as Joy is I find myself drawn to Inez too. Not sure I'll get either at this point, still thinking about it.

The only MaskCat I have now is Gladys and I got her from DollMix back in 2018. When I went to check out their site I found that they're leaving the business. So sad. Another North American dealer bites the dust. I have to believe that covid complications had something to do with it.

#153 phanuel, Jun 28, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    13. @phanuel Thank you! Joy and Inez are very different. Inez is easier to find her style, but love them both. The new body is very nice.
      I ordered direct and though there were complications (not her fault), Maskcat was great to buy from. She had some dolls in stock so Heidi arrived quickly. :)

14. I love my Joy so much. I never had such a strong bond with any other doll. She's currently sitting on my chest and I just can't stop myself from petting her and kissing her hair, hahah.

15. Oh she's beautiful @Oliveoil! I am so curious about the new body, it's good to hear you like it! Joy is on my list, I might cave... Her posing range looks so good. I love my Feline, but the one-piece torso and the single joints do make her a little limited (if lovely).

16. I have fallen for Joy to the point where I may just have to get her. Probably in tan.

Do you guys have any recommendations on if it would be best to get her directly from Maskcat or through a dealer? And if so, what dealer would you suggest? I live in Sweden. Idon't worry too much about shipping costs and such, It's a big purchase anyway, but with the situation being what it is right now, good comunication and reliable tracking seems more important than ever.

17. Here's my Joy! My bb I love her so much!
      [​IMG]

#158 Viridiansummer, Jul 2, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    18. So precious!!

19. @Idoru Thank you! I like both bodies, but the extra joint is nice for posing.

@Lillith I bought direct. I did have shipping issues, but communication was good. I think you will be very happy with Joy.

@Viridiansummer She is lovely! The wig is nice. Did it come with her? I am working on a similar dress.