1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. I think it's amazing how the changes are small/subtle, but it makes a HUGE difference as to the overall appearance of the body. I actually like the height (because of the character I want to shell) but since it's slightly below standard SD size I can understand why that wouldn't be ideal :)

2. Where are you seeing the photos of the current work in progress? I looked at the company site & didn't see them but I'm always curious to see what she is working on next.

3. The new body looks lovely, but one thing I hope Maskcat will offer in the future (or with this release) are different bust options. I'd love to be able to choose a slightly larger bust for my girl.

4. You can find the image on their ig. Just search Maskcatdoll and you will find it.

5. Here is the link to their Instagram page

6. And the ballet feet! The ballet feet!!! The thought of a Maskcat girl en pointe makes me hyperventilate. Oh... Sorry to intrude, but I couldn't contain myself:XD:

7. Our Ronia uses 16mm eyes too! ^^

8. I love the new body! If tan was available again, I would buy a tan Yael on new body ^_^

I've redo my Xilv faceup and I'm making her a new wig. The wig is still unfinished but here a preview of my girl!

[​IMG]

9. Oh! She's striking!!

10. OMG your girl is stunning! I hope they release tan skin again. If they do I will order a tan Ronia or France and maybe the new girl (guess she will be a ballerina :XD:) But I will order their new body even if they don't have tan skin... just love the new body it's so beautiful

11. @Kasia_I Thank you!
      @Moria_ash Thank you! Oh, a tan France would be beautiful! But well, I agree than tan skin or not, the new body looks beautiful.

Here my Xilv with her finished wig! No I need to paint her tattoos...
      [​IMG]

12. Haven't posted any pictures here for a long long time cause the link posting method on DOA is a bit annoying XD (I seldom use Flickr) but I really want to share with you guys the beautiful torso from Maskcatdoll! I have waited for like 4 months but it definitely worth the wait. Here is the picture of my Evelyn head on the torso.

[​IMG]

I also took pictures of Sooleedoll Miu head on this torso but since it's not a Mascatdoll head I decided not to post them here XD
      I just wish I had the talent to paint it......

13. @Moria_ash I have had that torso on my wishlist ever since it was released... it's so adorable! I adore the little display box that comes with the torso! What colour do you plan on painting the kitten and the dress? :3

14. Yes the little wooden box made her even more like an antique instead of simply a torso. I love it so much.
      I think I would love to paint the cat as a black and white cat just like the logo of Maskcatdoll and her clothes maybe beige color...but unfortunately I don't know how to do faceup and might probably send her for a faceup (or just leave her unpainted XD)

15. Hey everyone I'm having a bit of hybriding trouble! I thought that a dollzone SD body would work but it's too small!

Should I spring for the maskcat doll body or are there other great hybrids out there?

16. I think the original Maskcat body is the best but you better wait until the new body is released because there are a few problems with the current body esp. the annoying hip joints. Maskcatdoll said they will fix the problems and hopefully the new one will be a less chubby one.
      If you do want a hybrid I would suggest Volks, Sadol, Little Monica etc., as their neck circumstance is only 0.2 cm larger than the original body. Volks SDGr hybrid is the best hybrid I have ever seen (plus surprisingly its normal skin looks pretty natural even with a pink skin Maskcat head) but the downside is that SDGr is very expensive and you need to rearrange the location of the string lock unless you won't be able to make the string through the small neck hole of Maskcatdoll head.
      One of my Maskcat girl is using a Guudoll body which the neck circumstance is even larger (0.7 cm !) so my girl's neck looks a bit long. I don't like the narrow shoulder of Guu body but it is cheap and the skin colour matches pretty well with the head (you can still tell the colour difference but it is acceptable...and it is CHEAP!!) .

17. I have a question about Maskcat's company face up: is it very close to the official photos? I've been admiring Frances for a long time and I love her face up on the company web site. Thank you!

18. Just my own experience: all my three girls came with official face up and they look pretty much the same as the official photos. I heard that the artist who will paint your doll (if you order an official face up) is the same one who painted the dolls in the official images.

19. Thank you for this information, that is really good to hear.

20. I agree with @Moria_ash.......have a factory painted Maskcat head and it is almost exactly like the official photos. It is beautifully painted.