1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. Thank you! I better get Frances while the artist is still doing the face up herself. ;)

2. @D795
      Frances is on the top of my wish list Can't wait to see yours!

3. Can anyone tell me if Maskcat, DollZone/DollChateau, and Resinsoul all match relatively well (white skin or normal skin)? I’m thinking about purchasing a Maskcat Head and a Resinsoul body, but I’ve been eyeing up the DollZone hands to replace the Resinsoul defaults, so I was wondering if all three companies were close enough to replace each other?

4. Heads up, I purchased a DZ SD body for my head, and it was way too slim. Every part of it was small. I'm assuming Resinsoul is that small also.

5. I was planning on buying the 60cm Resinsoul body for her, because it looks like it’ll at least fit her measurement wise. I don’t mind if she looks a little skinny, but I’m not sure how the Resinsoul body compares to Doll zone’s... did the body at least match, color wise?

6. I'll send you a photo around 5pm NYC time, is that ok?
      I remember it being a pretty good match.

7. Yep! That’s totally fine, thank you so much!!!

8. Hey everyone! My Ronia's head is set to return from the spa soon. Meanwhile, I found a Lisette at an absolute steal on Ebay, and I'm freaking out! She already shipped, and I will pick her up from the PO on Tuesday :aeyepop:*_*:D I can't wait to show them to you all!

9. Hi everyone!

Here, reading treats about resin comparison between Maskcat and other companies, I think, no one asked about to hybridize a Fairyland FP60 head in NS with a Maskcat body. This new Maskcat body (in process) looks gorgeous with better poseability than Feeple60.
      Is there any one in the room who can't tell her/his opinion about this, or share me any resin comparison between MaskCat vs Fairyland NS? Maybe sounds crazy, but I think body FP60 is beautiful but its poseability...........:huh?:

Thank you in advance!:D:D:D

10. Honestly I don't know anything about hybridizing the F60 body and Maskcat, but... I find the Maskcat aesthetic to be delicate, vintage, and leaning just a touch to the realistic side. Meanwhile, FL has a cute, extremely stylized look. This is just my opinion, but I'm struggling to reconcile the two aesthetics combined into one doll...

As for resin comparison, that will depend on what color MC resin you get, and the batch of FL resin. FL resin could be a little inconsistent in color when I bought those dolls, but that was a long time ago, and I'm told they are more consistent these days. My best guess is that the yellow color would be the closest match to FL's NS, but I'm not sure.

11. @Promethea_Nix Maskcat normal is pretty similar to Volks NS, which I always recall as quite different from Fairyland NS. I remember Fairyland more pink-toned. Maskcat does offer a “pink” skin tone though - that might be similar? I would email or DM them to ask!

12. Thank you so much! :D I will keep in mind your advice about aesthetics, I'm agree somehow... Maybe, the best will be open a new treat asking to the community about better bodies than FP60 for my hybrid :sweat Thank you again! :whee::abow:

Thank you! :love
      Yep, after my question I saw a few pictures comparing resin between both and it seems like you said, Fairyland looks pink compared to Maskcat Normal Yellow, but is darker than Maskcat Normal pink... Impossible to know exactly because my FP60 Lacrima is a little bit yellowed... Thank you so much anyway :abow:

#332 Promethea_Nix, Sep 25, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2019
    13. I've been in love with Maskcat's sculpts forever, and finally placed orders for a Margo and Ronia head <3 Can't wait until they arrive!

14. @tsunCake Margo and Ronia are my favourites! Can't wait to see your girls!

15. Maskcatdoll's Instagram account says the new 57cm body will be available for purchase in October. I still don't have a Maskcat doll, but like @tsunCake I've been in love with them for so long. I'm just intimidated by the SD size (I only have tinies). The new body's proportions are perfect, I hope it poses as well as the photos show.

16. Hello all,

Does anyone have a picture of a comparison of the Maskcat Normal versus the Pink resin? The "new 57cm body and resin offerings" caught me by surprise. . . I have a Ruolan head in NS and I think I prefer the 2.0 body to the 3.0 but am worried about the scale of the resin color difference? I would prefer to have my Ruolan on a Maskcat body but this has narrowed my options.

#336 MariSunshade, Oct 1, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    17. I remember someone doing a comparison on flickr so I looked it up and looks like the Pink Skin is a bit lighter than the Normal Skin
      [​IMG]Resin Comparison by Kinestea, on Flickr

18. Do you have an Instagram account?
      I have quite a few comparison photos on our Instagram, also with Maskcat pink skin and normal skin ^^
      I made a highlight folder in our profile today named "Resin Comparison" you can take a look if you want: link to our Instagram

If you can't see the pictures please let me know and I try to send them to you via private message here on DoA ♡

greetings,
      Michi

19. Thank you both! Pink is fairly lighter (which is why I did not get pink in the first place, lol). I am going to think about what my options are. I was not planning to buy Ruolan a body until January so I have time to mull it over.

20. Someone mentioned an issue with the old (ver. 2) 57cm body's hips. What particularly is wrong with them?

(I prefer the look of the old body, so now that they've introduced the new one I'm wondering if I should hurry up and buy the old one from some place in stock, or if the new body's got enough engineering improvements to warrant putting up with a less-perfect aesthetic.)